PDA

View Full Version : If you're not reading Freakangels....

Mark Bertolini
11-21-2008, 03:54 PM
...You're doomed.

Come on, it's a FREE weekly webcomics written by Warren Ellis, one of the top 5 writers in the industry today. Do you see any of the other big names doing free comics? Nope. Warren Ellis loves you.

Seriously, go to www.freakangels.com and check it out. What's the worst that can happen? It's FREE.

ronin7
11-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I envy Ellis. The guy knows how to market his work. And he's a damn good writer.

Hanzou
11-21-2008, 04:40 PM
...You're doomed.

Come on, it's a FREE weekly webcomics written by Warren Ellis, one of the top 5 writers in the industry today. Do you see any of the other big names doing free comics? Nope. Warren Ellis loves you.

Seriously, go to www.freakangels.com and check it out. What's the worst that can happen? It's FREE.

I love Freakangels. Its really an amazing work, and really shows some forward momentum in the comic medium.

maverick
12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
picked up the trade over the weekend....

Mark Bertolini
12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
picked up the trade over the weekend....

That's good reading, my friend.

Aidy
12-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Are you Ellis' pimp?

Mark Bertolini
01-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Are you Ellis' pimp?

Why, do you think he would pay me?

Comix Obsession
01-03-2009, 07:28 AM
I envy Ellis. The guy knows how to market his work. And he's a damn good writer.

I'm a bit of an Ellis detractor. I loved Transmetropolitan, until I realised everything he writes seems to be Transmetropolitan. But I also realise I'm being a bit harsh - his style is his trademark, of course. I just started reading Iron Man: Extremis, and yes, he can write. But I do find it a little frustrating when his Thompson-esque dialogue starts slipping through. I get it Ellis, you think drugs and attitude are cool!

Anyway, ok, I'll have a look!

In short - Ellis is very good, but he annoys me too. I'm sure he cares a lot about that. :har: