PDA

View Full Version : DC Cancels....

Ian Ascher
11-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Nightwing, Robin, and Birds of Prey:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/110804-GothamCancellations.html

I expect at least one of these to be re-launched sooner rather than later.

L Jamal
11-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Considering that they are introducing a Nightwing character in Superman, I doubt we see much of Grayson as Nightwing although it's not beyond DC to haave more than one character with the same name running about at the same time.

It looks like they are just streamlining the Batman family. Maybe they will launch a Batman family book.

Ian Ascher
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
They've used the Nightwing character in the Superman books off and on for the past few years... mostly in Supergirl I think.

A Batman family book would be cool, as would a Superman Family book.

Rumor is Adventure Comics will return this year as well so it would be a perfect retro fit.

Eugene Selassie
11-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I can see Nightwing and Robin getting cancelled, they both are stars of team books AND are regularly in Batman.

The BoP are rarely in other books.

They'd BETTER give Babs and Helena another series.

Already pissed that Dinah was snatched from Gail Simone 2/3 of the way into her run.

pi0trov
11-04-2008, 08:01 PM
The BoP are rarely in other books.

They'd BETTER give Babs and Helena another series.
Plus, with Manhunter getting cancelled (again), I assumed/hoped she would be showing up more in BoP. Maybe they'll throw her into Outsiders?

Eh, they'll probably all be re-started eventually....

dougiemccoy
11-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm also thinking that their going to a Batman family type of book, other wise man Nightwing and Robin are two of my tops books that i get, hit and miss a lot but still enjoy them...

Aidy
11-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Nightwing canceled so Dick can become Batman? with Babara as his squeeze and Tim as Dick's new nightwing???

Moonrider
11-05-2008, 01:01 PM
With Bruce as the butler?

Paul Sanderson
11-06-2008, 05:25 PM
At least some of these titles will return in a few years time. They always do.

Imboden
11-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Well, there go two more DC books I won't have to buy anymore. They're making it easy for me to whittle my monthly list down.

Someone at the store was talking about how they read on some other site a theory that Tim is behind all of the shit happening to Batman. I don't buy it, but it would explain there not being a Robin book. If Dick becomes Batman, that would explain no Nightwing book.

Meh. Who knows. All I know is I'll be $6 richer each month. :)

NickGuy
11-07-2008, 12:00 PM
i never read nightwing but i always liked the character....at least, how he was portrayed in the animated series, anyway...

Ian Ascher
11-20-2008, 12:50 PM
I find it interesting that in the back of the DC books this week, in the DC Nation column, they show a picture of:

Redwing, Batwoman, and a Robin that looks like it could be Damian next to Batman.

Hmmmmmmmmm...