PDA

View Full Version : List of DC comics we wanna see.

KidIntense
11-01-2008, 11:01 PM
There is a list of DC comics we wanna see which would be cool.

1) Shazam!
2) Plastic Man
3)Seven Soldiers Of Victory
4) Justice League International
5) Young Superman & The Legion Of Super-Heroes
6) The Adventures of Connor (Superman) Kent
7) Adventure Comics
8) All Star Squadron
9) Mr & Mrs. Superman (Earth 2)

So what do you think about a list?

Biofungus
11-01-2008, 11:16 PM
I want to see a series where every page or two, a different DC character beats the snot out of KidIntense.

:p

NickGuy
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
moar ASBAR!

Tayman227
11-02-2008, 12:15 AM
all star batman and robin?

NickGuy
11-02-2008, 12:17 AM
YES! thats what it means.

dougiemccoy
11-02-2008, 12:55 AM

1) Shazam!
2) Plastic Man
3)Seven Soldiers Of Victory
4) Justice League International
5) Young Superman & The Legion Of Super-Heroes
6) The Adventures of Connor (Superman) Kent
7) Adventure Comics
8) All Star Squadron
9) Mr & Mrs. Superman (Earth 2)

So what do you think about a list?

Shazam! is on the Jonny DC line with art and story by Mike Kunkel which i enjoying way more than any other Shazam mini in the years past.

Young Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes is also sort on the Jonny DC line its the take on the cartoon but its better durn good.

stuff i love to see...
Capt Carrot and his Amazing Zoo Crew -(done in the old school way Roy thomas and Scott Shaw!)
bring back the JLU and Teen Titians Go.
the Question done well would be cool.
Doom Patrol done old school
and i would LOVE to see more of the Hanna-Barbrea stuff, Space Ghost, Johny Quest, Herculoids, ect as an "Action Boomerang " comics with changing the star every month.
and the same with Hanna-Barbrea funny stuff, with Secret Squirrel, Atom Ant, Hong Kong Phooey, Yogi Bear, Flintstones ect ect...

Eugene Selassie
11-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Resurrection Man
Young Heroes in Love
The Power Company
Challengers of the Unknown
Doom Patrol
Checkmate
Manhunter
Firestorm
The All New Atom
Shadowpact
Suicide Squad

You know...all of the books that DC fans don't buy because they don't have Superman, Batman or the League in em.

captainarian
11-02-2008, 02:28 PM
kid eternity in vertigo...

i rather have dc cut a lot of it's products.

yellowphantom
11-02-2008, 08:37 PM
swampthing
ambush bug
all star squadron
'mazin man

Sage
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
!. Rorschach - Their are some intervening years between when he truly becomes Rorschach and the events of Watchmen, years that could be explored; it's stuff I'd be interested in anyway but would probably make Alan burn copies of the GN in effigy.

2. I Can't Believe It's Not The Justice League - Who wouldn't want more funny super hero fare? :)

3. Batman Beyond - I enjoyed that character and setting immensely.

4. More Sandman

5. More Tim Hunter

Aidy
11-03-2008, 05:46 AM
The Justice league International team re-formed.
Making amends for (arguably made up) mistakes, issues and problems made by Maxwell Lord during his tenure as Spokesman for the league and as head of Checkmate.

HaphazardJoy
11-03-2008, 09:25 AM
You know...all of the books that DC fans don't buy because they don't have Superman, Batman or the League in em.

Hey now, I bought an issue of Manhunter... of course that's because I accidentally mispoke when I asked my shop to pull it for me when I couldn't make in in one week and I thought it was the new issue of Martian Manhunter.

Suicide Squad is a great concept no matter which way you slice it.

The DarkMind
11-03-2008, 10:43 AM

Who is this "we"?

Aidy
11-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Resurrection Man
Young Heroes in Love
The Power Company
Challengers of the Unknown
Doom Patrol
Checkmate
Manhunter
Firestorm
The All New Atom
Shadowpact
Suicide Squad

did you buy checkmate, shadowpact, and the new atom when they came out? I did and two of 'em sucked. so they got dropped. firestorm was good for a while...but sucked soon enough after the 1YL storyline finnished. Doom Patrol always sells...just isnt always published. Manhunter was a "sleeper hit" and Cave Carlson doenst need a new monthly comic. because then its just the FF.

Mark Bertolini
11-03-2008, 12:46 PM
I want Gotham Central back.

That's all.

Eugene Selassie
11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
did you buy checkmate, shadowpact, and the new atom when they came out? I did and two of 'em sucked. so they got dropped. firestorm was good for a while...but sucked soon enough after the 1YL storyline finnished. Doom Patrol always sells...just isnt always published. Manhunter was a "sleeper hit" and Cave Carlson doenst need a new monthly comic. because then its just the FF.

Shadowpact had erratic pacing issues, but was still a solid read.

And I agree, Doom Patrol has ALWAYS sold well. Byrne's run being one exception, but given that he rebooted everything else out of existence, I can see some fans being irate.

Still the numbers were good...why is there no Doom Patrol series at DC...nothing else like it from the company right now.

Aidy
11-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Shadowpact had erratic pacing issues, but was still a solid read.

And I agree, Doom Patrol has ALWAYS sold well. Byrne's run being one exception, but given that he rebooted everything else out of existence, I can see some fans being irate.

Still the numbers were good...why is there no Doom Patrol series at DC...nothing else like it from the company right now.

My main problem with Shadowpact was that the cast would have been 100 times cooler if DC hadnt shipped out most of its big magical guns over to Vertigo or if they hadnt started there in the first place and couldnt be placed in the DCU proper.. Imagine if the shadowpact had had Constantine in it, with Cain and Able, Jack Pumkinhead (the working class hero of the dreaming) detective chimp, Blue Devil, and Destruction (the Endless who quit) thats a magical team...and probably nothing like what the comics supposed to be about.

Doom Patrol, I dont understand. I dont understand why i dont like them more than I do. I dont like Niles Caulder...although that may be the point. I dont like Mento, mainly cause the first time I saw him he was a villian in a titans/blue beetle crossover (back when Len wein was writing the Kord series). I dont like elasti-girl, or the John Byrne version of the team, or the Grant morrison version ....in fact the only thing I do like are the Brain and the talking monkey...their gay love has shown me that even the hairiest of gorrilas can find love in a jar.

The Spirit
11-04-2008, 06:45 AM
The Creeper by John Byrne inked by Dick Ayers

mccain/palin08

WSSmith
11-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Creature Commandos -- Dr. FATE

Eugene Selassie
11-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Doom Patrol, I dont understand. I dont understand why i dont like them more than I do. I dont like Niles Caulder...although that may be the point. I dont like Mento, mainly cause the first time I saw him he was a villian in a titans/blue beetle crossover (back when Len wein was writing the Kord series). I dont like elasti-girl, or the John Byrne version of the team, or the Grant morrison version ....in fact the only thing I do like are the Brain and the talking monkey...their gay love has shown me that even the hairiest of gorrilas can find love in a jar.

Doom Patrol is an acquired taste my friend. I think they could be DC's answer to X-men. For fans that DON'T like the icons. But DC books without the icons don't get support from the fans (Infinity Inc, Shadowpact, etc...)
I don't understand this because Marvel books without icons tend to sell like hotcakes.

Aidy
11-04-2008, 12:29 PM
In fact the X-men are Marvels answer to the Doom Patrol, as The DP where out in June 63, two whole months before the first x-men comic was published...and they both have know-it-alls in wheelchairs running the show.

there are loads of DC books with out icons selling well...Booster Gold springs to mind. but i cant think of anyothers.
Being well written makes you an Icon, look how well Luke Cage has come along at Marvel since he joined the NA. mostly because he is (oddly) the main character in NA. He's one of the best written characters in the MU.

Eugene Selassie
11-04-2008, 12:46 PM
In fact the X-men are Marvels answer to the Doom Patrol, as The DP where out in June 63, two whole months before the first x-men comic was published...and they both have know-it-alls in wheelchairs running the show.

there are loads of DC books with out icons selling well...Booster Gold springs to mind. but i cant think of anyothers.
Being well written makes you an Icon, look how well Luke Cage has come along at Marvel since he joined the NA. mostly because he is (oddly) the main character in NA. He's one of the best written characters in the MU.

I guess ICON might have been the wrong word.

Aidy
11-04-2008, 12:50 PM
it may have...you hate NA soooo much dont you?

Eugene Selassie
11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
it may have...you hate NA soooo much dont you?

No, I was talking about fans not really giving DC characters that aren't big guns a chance.

A book like Iron Fist or Hercules or Runaways wouldn't sell at DC. I wish I knew why fans there won't give non-trinity/JLA related characters a shot.

I know 9 people that ONLY buy Superman/ Batman/ JLA and GL on and off and wont even read anything else, even if I buy it for them.

This conversation had nothing to do with me liking or disliking NA.

Way to segue into an argument. :yawn:

Aidy
11-04-2008, 01:18 PM
I wasnt ...and i havent the time right now.

I thought you where dissing Luke Cage. you weren't lets move on....
If you only buy Superman, Batman and JLA..i think you dont get a good feel for the universe as a whole. I prefer titans to JLA, and Corps to the regular GL title. i prefer Boostergold over all the Bat books in creation. I'll have a look at whatever the DC feels I should waste my cash on and pick up whatever I like on a month by month basis..and I do the same with marvel.
But dont forget that characters like Firestorm, Birds of Prey and Hawkman have had long runs and arent "trinity" would BOP work in Marvel? No, it was called Daughters of the Dragon...got cancelled and turned into Heroes for hire...and got cancelled.
Dont judge the whole of the DC reading world based of the schmucks you know.

WSSmith
11-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Something I've noticed in the comic shop when i go, is that DC books don't seem to standout as much. Find myself searching them out a lil more, XMEN and SPIDEY both have nice big sections that really draw attention. They seem to promote there new stuff better. TRINITY is a good comic, but it feels out of place to me. A new Marvel comic "feels" more interesting at times than a new DC book. Something like MANHUNTER or Vertigo books usually being the exceptions!

Does anyone else feel DC comics have a different marketing and retail prescence than Marvel comics in the stores/ Diamonds/ and in general??

Eugene Selassie
11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Something I've noticed in the comic shop when i go, is that DC books don't seem to standout as much. Find myself searching them out a lil more, XMEN and SPIDEY both have nice big sections that really draw attention. They seem to promote there new stuff better. TRINITY is a good comic, but it feels out of place to me. A new Marvel comic "feels" more interesting at times than a new DC book. Something like MANHUNTER or Vertigo books usually being the exceptions!

Does anyone else feel DC comics have a different marketing and retail prescence than Marvel comics in the stores/ Diamonds/ and in general??

I don't think it has anything to do with the company, but I do think that the owner of your LCS has alot to do with it.

I attend 3. Two are MARVEL ZOMBIEs so nearly all you see on major displays are Marvel, with a little DC (Supes/Bats/JLA only) and others sprinkled through.

The other is an indy snob that doesn't care about the big 2 that much and his tiny shop shows.

The DarkMind
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
I want to see....
Lobo vs. Kid Intense: The Unrated Edition.

Sage
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I want to see....

Is that the one where Kid Intense gets decapitated?

Eugene Selassie
11-10-2008, 03:36 PM
I want to see....

Lobo vs Kid Intense vs Death's Head.

THE TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FROM HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!