PDA

View Full Version : Huh.. just for boredom's sake..

DocDemonic
10-31-2008, 02:20 AM
Anyone got any exciting news on what's going on with Image Comics? Ever since I stopped reading Spawn and Invincible, I've been in the dark as to what they've been up to. Anyone? :blink:

Eugene Selassie
10-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Not digging that David Hine is gone from Spawn.

He's the only writer who got me to enjoy the book.

DocDemonic
11-01-2008, 02:57 AM
To be honest, I dropped reading Spawn at issue 110. Just completely lost all investment in the characters and story line.

Although I've been hearing about the ending of Spawn and have picked up some rumors that they may restart the series with new Hellspawn. Don't know how true that is, though. :yawn:

knockedoutpanzer
11-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Shadowline/Image are releasing one of the stories from the notorious "create a superheroine" competition-I HATE GALLANT GIRL , is out this month and the winner INCREDIBLE JOURNEY is out next year.

PROOF, HIP FLASK, WALKING DEAD are still going I think. I always liked HUNTER-KILLER but haven't seen that for a while.

All the image "classics" are still around, SPAWN (being re-vamped I think), SAVAGE DRAGON (Erik Larsen on it full time again instead of having to cope with endless stuff about submissions!), and THE DARKNESS.

lots pf other stuff PERHAPANAUTS -must check that one out I think. And FRANK FRAZETTA inspired fantasy stuff.

BIGROD
11-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Picked up SPAWN 185. First issue I've read in years (since Greg Capullo left the book). Yes, it's being revamped. I might give it a few issues to see where Todd is going with the new direction. McFarlane gives a pretty in-depth interview here (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18639) on the reasons (what's, how's and why's) he returning to the book and making the changes.

I want to make sweet, sweet love to this book (http://comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=1318&disp=table) though. :thumbs:

captainarian
11-03-2008, 10:01 AM
invincible RAAAAAAAAWWWWKS!

DocDemonic
11-05-2008, 11:37 PM
KnockedoutPanzer- completely forgot about Walking Dead and the Perhapnauts! I am still kicking myself for never picking up Walking Dead yet. Heard nothing but good things. I had no idea Savage Dragon was still up and around (not that I'm complaining, though.) :har:

Bigrod- yep. Walking Dead.. need to read it. Thanks for the link to the McFarlene Interview, too!

Captainarian- Yep, I need to finish reading the rest of the trades. BIG fan of not only the story, but Wya's artwork, too. :w00t:

Oh man.. just occurred to me.. is the SHADOWHAWK revamp still going on? Holy crap I forgot about that book, also with THE PACT series. :blink:

Wayne Drake
11-06-2008, 12:24 AM
BRIT is frickin excellent. I think it got behind schedule tho, hrrrmm...it's part of teh Kirkman-verse and it's really worth it. Wolfman is fun also!

BIGROD
11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I like THE ASTOUNDING WOLF-MAN also. :thumbs:

Aidy
11-06-2008, 11:54 AM
i forgot Image made comics....:)

down21
11-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Like the man said...Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer!
http://www.imagecomics.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=43571

ArtisticBlasts
11-29-2008, 02:05 AM
Jersey's God or something, and ofcourse Invincible.