10-26-2008, 03:54 PM
I saw this on another site and decided to be a copycat. :p

In no particular order

Wonder Woman

Green Lantern

Secret Six

Jonah Hex

Nightwing

Nightwing just edged out Blue Beetle. Tomasi is putting forth STELLAR work, and I just haven't enjoyed Beetle as much since John Rogers left.

Honorable mentions to recently cancelled classics (Checkmate, All New Atom, Manhunter, Shadowpact, Firestorm. Too bad you have to put a member of the trinity in a book for fans to buy it. :slap: )

Moonrider
10-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Nightwing just edged out Blue Beetle. Tomasi is putting forth STELLAR work, and I just haven't enjoyed Beetle as much since John Rogers left.

I feel the same way.

NickGuy
10-27-2008, 10:33 AM
bah...ASBAR for #1

ronin7
10-27-2008, 11:13 AM
ASBAR and that's it.

Nick Kerklaan
10-27-2008, 03:13 PM
A large chunk of my monthly comic budget is going to everything Final Crisis right now. Aside from that, Secret Six has been great so far. I have a bunch of other DC stuff that I've bought but haven't read yet, including Batlash #1, so we'll see if any of that stuff winds up being stellar.

You'll notice that for these threads, as I don't actually keep up with that many monthly titles, I'm just answering with what has been good enough to both hook me and keep me buying every month.

Eugene Selassie
10-27-2008, 03:26 PM
PLEASE let me know how Batlash is...could be worth me picking up if I get enough recommendations.

Nick Kerklaan
10-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Will do. Hopefully I find time to get through some of my pile over the next couple days.

Eugene Selassie
10-27-2008, 05:49 PM
I hear ya. The re-release of the Valiant stuff in trade has me tied up for quite a while.

Lovecraft13
10-27-2008, 06:12 PM
I thought All Star Superman #12 was probably the greatest comic released in years. In fact, I think the entire All Star Superman series is a work of art.

Aidy
10-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Best DC books? Dunno about that but this is what I read..

Green Arrow/ Black Canary

Teen Titans

Green Lantern corps

Booster Gold

Action Comics

Wonder Woman

RandallFlagg
10-30-2008, 01:52 AM
Green Lantern

Jonah Hex

Booster Gold

JSA

Secret Six

Honorable (JLA, Teen Titans, Titans)

Ian Ascher
10-30-2008, 09:51 AM
My Five:

Booster Gold
Action Comics
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
JSA

Honorable mention:

Madam Xanadu
Wonder Woman
Trinity

Aidy
10-31-2008, 07:28 AM
My Five:

Booster Gold
Action Comics
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
JSA

Honorable mention:

Madam Xanadu
Wonder Woman
Trinity

I dont get GL because (and dont strike me down with all of your hatred for this) I dont really dig Hal Jordan...for one his names Harold. For two he was fantastic a a villian in Zero hour. and for two i dont really dig John Stewart either... Guy Gardener is the one true GL with Kyle and Killowog as his wing men. But I'm super up for the next GL Black Lantern series...Rebirth, Recharge and the Sinistro war are some of the coolist series I've read in a long time....and have been better than the big series both DC and Marvel have released in recent years...

Eugene Selassie
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Understandable.

I hate Kyle Rayner, not because I'm a diehard Hal fan, but because I was against the propaganda of the 1990s of knocking off a character and replacing them with a Peter Parker like character (Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Iron Man, Ghost Rider, X-O Manowar, etc...) but Johns makes me enjoy the character.

Aidy
10-31-2008, 01:23 PM
yeah I never liked Ollie being replaced by Connor Hawke. Nor Ghostrider being replaced by his long lost brother.... :(
who was the Ironman replacement? I remember a future Ironman in MachineMan called "Aaron" Stark...

Eugene Selassie
10-31-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah I never liked Ollie being replaced by Connor Hawke. Nor Ghostrider being replaced by his long lost brother.... :(
who was the Ironman replacement? I remember a future Ironman in MachineMan called "Aaron" Stark...

Actually, Arno Stark...I was referring to them bringing "Teen" Tony back to our time from the past.

Aidy
10-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Actually, Arno Stark...I was referring to them bringing "Teen" Tony back to our time from the past.

thats why i put it in "" wasnt sure and Arno is a stupid name...ah the teen Tony...I never understood that...never did, never will...now baby magento..that shit was funny.

Eugene Selassie
10-31-2008, 02:36 PM
thats why i put it in "" wasnt sure and Arno is a stupid name...ah the teen Tony...I never understood that...never did, never will...now baby magento..that shit was funny.

LOL

Considering that Iron Man is my fav character, you can tell that it is a sensitive subject. LOL.

Almost forgot about the new Doctor Fate, "teen" Negative Man, "teen" Atom...

At least when a character is replaced these days, it's not with a damn Peter Parker clone...no pun intended.