PDA

View Full Version : Dream Teams ...

Jamir with an E
10-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I seriously doubt that a topic like this hasn't been covered many times over the years (if not recently) on this board but on the off OFF chance that it hasn't (with apologies applied if I'm retreading dull ground) any dream team wish lists from anyone regarding current or characters in limbo they would love to see (or would love to have seen if a story arc they would have been perfect for has happened with neither or just one of them at the helm) certain creative teams on? (Again, I'm sincerely doubting a topic like this hasn't come upat some point before). Mine?

Grant Morrison - Jim Lee on a 12 issue Superman run (originally done but with A Brian Azzarello - Jim Lee Teaming} - I got wishful for it mostly after reading seven issues of All Star Superman back to back and wondered what kind of magic someone with Morrison's imagination coupled with Lee's style (it just never seem to blend well with Azarello's pacing and the cerebral nature of the arc) would have produced via an "in continuity" tale. Personally think it would have been one for the ages.

Brian Michael Bendis and Terry Moore on a Jonni Thunder {the female private eye} mini series (hey this is a fantasy here. Let me have this :) ).- I'm thinking you give Bendis some c-D listers to build a noir world around you can have something cool. Plus the character works well with his "talking heads" approach.

Roy Thomas and George Perez (this is me going deep into the vault) getting together on a sort of "Last mission of The All Star Squadron" mini series were it to happen back in the day.

I'm sure more will come to me later - just wanted to get this off my chest while "looking busy" at work :) . Hope you guys are on the doorsteps of a great week and better weekend.

Mark Bertolini
10-22-2008, 07:40 PM
This has been covered before, but it's always an interesting thread, sooooo...

My ultimate dream team is Warren Ellis and J.H. Williams III on either Animal Man or Daredevil. I think that would be awesome.

Moonrider
10-22-2008, 10:47 PM
This has been covered before, but it's always an interesting thread, sooooo...

My ultimate dream team is Warren Ellis and J.H. Williams III on either Animal Man or Daredevil. I think that would be awesome.

That sounds great, though I'd still prefer Morisson over Ellis on Animal Man.

ronin7
10-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Mark Millar and Steve McNiven on Justice League Of America

Brian Michael Bendis and Steve Epting on Batman

Roger Stern and John Byrne on Justice Society of America or Challengers of The Unknown

Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver on Uncanny X-Men

Those are just some I can think of. I know Johns seems to more enthusiastic about the X-Men than the Avengers.

Moonrider
10-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Neil Gaiman & Greg Capullo on Batman.

PIMPZILLA
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Brian Michael Bendis and Frank Miller on any piece of crime fiction

Joss Whedon, Steve Niles, and Mike Mignola(writing and penciling) on any Hellboy mini.

Frank Cho and Kurt Busiek on Conan.

NickGuy
10-23-2008, 11:01 PM
I like greg capullo on batman, but make the writer frank miller and make the title ASBAR *not that jim lees not doing a great job i just love capullo mores* inked by mcfarlane and colored by haberlin lettered by todd klein!

mark millar and frank miller on either daredevil or wolverine...inked by klaus janson and colored by isanove. lettered by miller.

Eugene Selassie
10-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Warren Ellis/Adi Granov back on Iron Man. A damn shame they only got 6 issues.

Aidy
10-24-2008, 12:38 PM
all good but...
Moore and Gibbons on a Minutemen prequel...oh yeah, you know you want this...

Moonrider
10-25-2008, 04:50 AM
all good but...
Moore and Gibbons on a Minutemen prequel...oh yeah, you know you want this...

No I don't. A more detailed expansion of the world of Watchmen post Ozymandias' megalomania would be far more interesting. Because as Doctor Manhattan said, nothing ever ends. I'd love to see how Ozy's scheme works out all the way through the 21st Century and whatever consequences it might bring, while at the same time satires everything in our current time such as Hollywood and the world of comic books today.

Oh, and...Warren Ellis and Geoff Darrow on Iron Man. Oh if only this is a Marvel thread.

Aidy
10-27-2008, 02:09 PM
No I don't. A more detailed expansion of the world of Watchmen post Ozymandias' megalomania would be far more interesting. Because as Doctor Manhattan said, nothing ever ends. I'd love to see how Ozy's scheme works out all the way through the 21st Century and whatever consequences it might bring, while at the same time satires everything in our current time such as Hollywood and the world of comic books today.

Oh, and...Warren Ellis and Geoff Darrow on Iron Man. Oh if only this is a Marvel thread.

Well if you're gonna piss all over my chips... :cry:

Eugene Selassie
10-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Scott Lobdell and Joe Mad on Teen Titans.
Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley on Titans

Eugene Selassie
10-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Brad Meltzer/ Rags Morales on Daredevil.