PDA

View Full Version : Bianchi on his working methods

Phatman
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Simone Bianchi talks about his process (http://comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18411)

Though everybody might want to check this out. Lots of cool art as well.

Nick Pitarra
10-23-2008, 04:20 AM
While I find Bianchi's work very pretty to look it (although I do wish he was inked). The panel to panel storytelling is kind of weak. In Astonishing, a lot of times the speech doesn't match the art (maybe this is the writers fault,I don't know). And the closeup 3/4 side view, 3/4 top view, where we catch a sliver of a angled down shot of a characters face and then a box or something on the ground...does nothing for me regarding the story (it doesn't establish the character in the environment, doesn't establish who the character is taking to, but I guess it does look pretty cool). A friend pointed out emma and cyclops fighting in the newest issue, and then cyclops explodes and gets mad...and it just doesn't read right at all with the art. But...like I said...the guy can hand it to most with his drawing abilities alone and he puts a lot of thought into the characters themselves,just the panel to panel movement/shot selection could be better(and/or the writing could be off for all I know).

~nick