PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War #1

knockedoutpanzer
10-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Liam Sharp did the art work so I grabbed this and whoa! pleasant surprise- like a very long episode of 2000AD. Just the stuff I like, bonkers militarist, sci-fi with demonic/zombie type baddies. I don't play Gears of War as I never particularly liked third person. FPS for me! That won't stop me buying this -12 issues. I wonder if Mr Sharps on them all? I doubt it.

Made me nostalgic for the old days of Marvel UK and Deaths Head 2... *gets jeered at by all those youngsters too young too remember it*

JamieRoberts
10-13-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm not a gamer but Liam on art chores has got me interested in this comic. I also remember Death's Head 2 very fondly, in Overkill. Got a sketch last year of the android himself!

knockedoutpanzer
10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm not a gamer but Liam on art chores has got me interested in this comic. I also remember Death's Head 2 very fondly, in Overkill. Got a sketch last year of the android himself!

Not from the man himself! I'm as green as a warhammer goblin with envy if true! Well I visited DC and Liams on board for at least three episodes. So yay!

Ah,Overkill....young 'uns today don't know what they missed! :laugh:

JamieRoberts
10-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Not from the man himself! I'm as green as a warhammer goblin with envy if true! Well I visited DC and Liams on board for at least three episodes. So yay!

Ah,Overkill....young 'uns today don't know what they missed! :laugh:
Oh yes, sir!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h183/jam-wah/tutorial/liamsharpDH2.jpg

Aidy
10-15-2008, 01:02 PM
We discussing OverKill?
Wo momma...Motormouth and KillPower...Tigon Liger and the Deathsheads....Hellsangel...and the mighty Deathshead 2...We had our own little corner of the marvel universe in the 90's. So sad that it all got stomped on and dropped. I had the entire run of Overkill.

knockedoutpanzer
10-15-2008, 02:07 PM
We discussing OverKill?
Wo momma...Motormouth and KillPower...Tigon Liger and the Deathsheads....Hellsangel...and the mighty Deathshead 2...We had our own little corner of the marvel universe in the 90's. So sad that it all got stomped on and dropped. I had the entire run of Overkill.

i'd forgotten Hellsangel ! How could I? :eek: And Killpower and Death Metal and Death Wreck. Though I think they had limited series of one kind rather than in Overkill. Motormouth! I wonder why she hasn't been revived? (Or has she?) I don't follow the Marvel universe much now.

quones -you have national treasure there ! :har: I've gone green and Orcs keep trying to press gang me into their armies. :confused:

John Rauch
10-15-2008, 02:53 PM
I just did a search for it and found the IGN review. They gave it a 5.1/10 and based on the pages shown, I'd say that was pretty generous. Blech.

knockedoutpanzer
10-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I just did a search for it and found the IGN review. They gave it a 5.1/10 and based on the pages shown, I'd say that was pretty generous. Blech.

Nostalgia makes everything ten out of ten...

DocDemonic
11-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Growing up, I only had a couple comics, and one was a crossover with Hulk and Motormouth..

holy lost memories! That $&!# was #$%*^ing awesome! :laugh:

knockedoutpanzer
11-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Growing up, I only had a couple comics, and one was a crossover with Hulk and Motormouth..

holy lost memories! That $&!# was #$%*^ing awesome! :laugh:

Accordig to wiki. (ah, who needs a memory nowadays ;) ) it was drawn by the young Mr Gary Frank , another fine creator from Overkill. :happy: