PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Ominous comics?

Mark Bertolini
10-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Anybody remember this? Bart Sears's comic company? Big hype when it started, then nothing (for years).

BJCochran
10-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Now that you mention it, I do remember them...actually what happened to Bart? He was Wizard's poster boy back in the 90s now nothing.

Phatman
10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
He was art director at Crossgen and then he was doing Warlord for DC last I saw. I don't know if that's what he is still doing. He's a very cool guy who should be teaching art somewhere or working as an art director IMO---very knowledgeable.

Justice41
10-07-2008, 06:06 PM
I believe he is teaching at Kubert. Or was. Didn't he just finish a few years ago, work on Blade or Captain America? For awhile their He and Quesada changed how I drew but Jim Lee and Keown brought me back to that super anal style.

Mark Bertolini
10-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I just remember he had some fairly cool books that were slated to come out, and then....nothing.

Ian Ascher
10-08-2008, 09:31 AM
He tried to launch his company right at the end of the Big Glut we had at the end of the 90's. I remember he had a lot of really cool concepts and ideas planned but the company crashed, like everything else back then.

To see them, pick up a copy of the Monument Set which had plates instead of pages. The back of each one showed his ideas for characters. Everything from barbarian warlords to superheroes to aliens.

Last I heard/read, Bart Sears will be doing work on some Robert E. Howard books for Dark Horse in 2009. I want to say he'll be doing a Kull regular series.

Nano-Love
10-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the superhero artist Bart Sears (CapíníFalcon didnít reflect him at his best, I think), but if there's the perfect Robert E. Howard artist it's gotta be him.

Kull drawn by Bart SearsÖ?! Iím so there!

Ian Ascher
10-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of the superhero artist Bart Sears (CapíníFalcon didnít reflect him at his best, I think), but if there's the perfect Robert E. Howard artist it's gotta be him.

Kull drawn by Bart SearsÖ?! Iím so there!

That's what I heard but it was a while back and I've seen nothing about it sisnce. Sears has been doing work for Dark Horse recently so the odds are in your favor.