PDA

View Full Version : Final Crisis: Last will and testament

Aidy
09-15-2008, 06:08 AM
We we're promised an insightful look into what the characters would get upto on their last night before the world ends. But what we got was the end to Brad Metzgers JLA run.

Basically this was just to finnish of his shit Geo-force story line. That Dwyane McDuffie pretty much ignored. It was said that Geo was Deathstroke's spy in the JLA but when? where?

This whole run sucked for me...And reading this was one of those times when I think "this writer just cares about what he wants to see regardless of the continuing story"

"Oi Brad stop forcing Geo-Force stories on us, under the pretence of tie-ins!!!"

Ian Ascher
09-15-2008, 11:20 AM
I thought this was a pretty kick ass story.

There was a lot of depth to it and it really adds an element to Geo-Force we haven't seen before. It made him a stronger character.

If this is what Brad had in store for JLA then shame on DC and McDuffy (who is doing an AWFUL job on that book) for letting it be told here in a stand alone that ties into an even book. This should have been in JLA and was a stronger story than almost anything he did in his 12 issue run (The Vixen/Red Arrow story being the highlight of that 12 issues)

Story aside.... we got art from Joe Kubert. Anything he does it woth looking at and buying.

WSSmith
09-15-2008, 11:32 AM
This was a damn good story. A Geo Force that is destined to become a major bad guy from here on out, wonderful idea.

Aidy
09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
I thought this was a pretty kick ass story.

There was a lot of depth to it and it really adds an element to Geo-Force we haven't seen before. It made him a stronger character.

If this is what Brad had in store for JLA then shame on DC and McDuffy (who is doing an AWFUL job on that book) for letting it be told here in a stand alone that ties into an even book. This should have been in JLA and was a stronger story than almost anything he did in his 12 issue run (The Vixen/Red Arrow story being the highlight of that 12 issues)

Story aside.... we got art from Joe Kubert. Anything he does it woth looking at and buying.

Ah now. Ian I agree with your Vixen/Red Arrow comments. Best issue of the run.

this issue is not what it was supposed to be. either it should have been in the main JLA story line. OR...it should have been dropped and forgotten once McDuffy came on board. Not published 9 months after the run had ended.

Paul Sanderson
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah, but then Meltzer's entire JLA run was crappy for me. Keep Meltzer away from comics. Let him get on with his prose career instead.

Nick Kerklaan
09-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I liked it enough that I didn't really mind that it had very little to actually do with Final Crisis. But I'm a Meltzer fan. His stories always have a strong emotional core, and he's one of those writers that really seem to get superheroes.

If this issue had one flaw, it's that it was a little too short to have as much impact as his longer stories do. But a good story nontheless.