PDA

View Full Version : Final Crisis: The Tie-In Books

Ian Ascher
09-13-2008, 02:22 PM
I've been picking up the Final Crisis Tie-in books and I'm really pleased with everything put out so far.

All of them have been excellent so far.

Rogues Revenge, Legion of Three Worlds, Superman Beyond and Revelations. All excellent.

It's a funny thing too. I wasn't going to buy Revelations despite the Montoya/Question and Spectre threads, both of which I've followed for the past several years. But I did and so far this has been a really big surprise for me. I picked it up on a whim and the concept is wild. Stong art and strong writing.

Superman Beyond with the 3-D was a cool surprise too (and explains just where the hell Superman has disappeared to).

Moonrider
09-13-2008, 06:11 PM
They killed off Dr. Light. Who would've thought? But then, it's past due considering what the character has done.

Nick Kerklaan
09-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm loving all the tie-ins so far as well. My favourite so far has been Legion of Three Worlds, which is a bit surprising as I don't even follow the Legion all that much. But really, it was just a fun issue. Definitely looking forward to the rest.

PIMPZILLA
09-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Rogues Revenge is one my fav DC books. Legion of 3 Worlds is equally as good.

Geoff Johns is gunning it to 88 lately.

btw, that Back To The Future reference really didn't make much sense there.

yellowphantom
09-13-2008, 10:40 PM
ugh...the mention of back to the future (which i really enjoyed) brings to mind the horrible job
bob "writer of back to the future" gale has been doing on his spiderman arcs..
...bleh...:P

(...Johns kicks ass)...i'll have to pick these Final Crisis books up in tpb form when i stop being broke...

PIMPZILLA
09-13-2008, 11:30 PM
ugh...the mention of back to the future (which i really enjoyed) brings to mind the horrible job
bob "writer of back to the future" gale has been doing on his spiderman arcs..
...bleh...:P

(...Johns kicks ass)...i'll have to pick these Final Crisis books up in tpb form when i stop being broke...

Glad you liked it.

and yes, Johns does kick ass.

Eugene Selassie
09-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Legion is good, but I'm enjoying the regular series by Shooter/Manipul way more.

Rogues Revenge makes me want to kick something. Johns/Kolins had to come back only 2 years after their run because so many people have screwed these concepts up since.