PDA

View Full Version : Quality stuff I've read recently

Mark Bertolini
09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Picked up a bunch of books recently that were fantastic, thought I'd share my thoughts on them:

Batman: Year 100 - good God, Paul Pope is a genius. Everything about this was utterly fantastic. Some of the dialogue was a little stiff, but the art was amazing and his re-invention of Batman 30 years in the future is brilliant.

Strangehaven vol 1: Arcadia - Gary Spencer Millidge has become one of my favorite writers with this series. The whole dark underbelly of Strangehaven is quite the contrast to the small-town style of story. Highly recommended.

Channel Zero - I always loved Brian Wood's writing, but his art is just as spectacular. Wish the man did more sequentials, as I can't get tired of looking at his art.

Medicine - picked this up in the artist alley at the Toronto fan expo, writing and art by Brian Hoang. Nice slice of life stuff with some creepy undertones revolving around a girl seeing dead people come back to life. Very nice.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8: The Long Way Home and No Future for You - I was never a fan of the show, but with the writing talents of both Joss Whedon and Brian K Vaughan, the comic is gold. Excellent art by Georges Jeanty. Lots of trademark Whedon quips.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Any links?

BJCochran
09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
For me, I've been re-reading the Sandman stuff. I forgot how amazing the first few issues were. Some GREAT stuff