PDA

View Full Version : quality indy comics currently how many ?

wisper
09-03-2008, 09:15 AM
thinkin of indys...how many quality indys currently in print..
by quality I mean what a big two reader would consider quality..are there 100...50....30....5 ?
seems a lot of talk here about indys vs diamond access and such...but beyond sales point..do big two pro readers consider : a real indy print gorup exhists..in numbers ...as a good read. ?

Toyandgadgetguy
09-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Fist of Justice!
Wraith!

Ok, I'm out. :p

wisper
09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
hey is this the wrong area to put this...am I wasteing my time..can I find this info myself...HOW>>>

Mwynn
09-03-2008, 03:51 PM
hey is this the wrong area to put this...am I wasteing my time..can I find this info myself...HOW>>>
Check out Indy Planet.

L Jamal
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Considering how there is no one source for all indy comics and quality is subjective, you'll have a hard time finding anyone to give you the answer you seek.

wisper
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
are there no PRO big two readers.....ones that read INDYS ? @ all...?

Mwynn
09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Start with the books here.

wisper
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
my direction was is there sufficent indy reaership for just indy distributionship..say indys only !

L Jamal
09-03-2008, 04:40 PM
There is sufficient readership to maintain several companies (Slave Labor, Fanta, NBM). The problem is lot sof the larger small companies (IDW, Devil's Due, Boom) are Diamond exclusive as there is no reason not to be. In order for a indy distributor to establish itself, it needs these upper level small publishers to break the the Diamond exclusive. In order for the upper level small publishers to break the exclusive, they need to have good reason from an indy distributor. Catch-22.

kdmelrose
09-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Just as important, there would have to be incentive for retailers to use an indy distributor. A vast majority order primarily -- and some, undoubtedly, only -- out of the front of Previews, anyway.

So why would they go to the trouble of submitting a second or third order each month? To be tempting, an indy distributor would need to offer deep discounts and/or returnability -- neither of which would benefit most independent publishers.

wisper
09-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Just as important, there would have to be incentive for retailers to use an indy distributor. A vast majority order primarily -- and some, undoubtedly, only -- out of the front of Previews, anyway.

So why would they go to the trouble of submitting a second or third order each month? To be tempting, an indy distributor would need to offer deep discounts and/or returnability -- neither of which would benefit most independent publishers.

dude my comic book store in Delaware wont bother odering any DWP print...he said Diamond shelves it untill the get 100 oreders which he stated NEVER happens...he did a search for me on his computer account and Diamond SC said out of stock...and I knew eDuke had them...but Diamond did'nt and would not beyond their 1st order...

an indy distributor would ship same day ! ! !

kdmelrose
09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Ordering, or reordering?

wisper
09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
There is sufficient readership to maintain several companies (Slave Labor, Fanta, NBM). The problem is lot sof the larger small companies (IDW, Devil's Due, Boom) are Diamond exclusive as there is no reason not to be. In order for a indy distributor to establish itself, it needs these upper level small publishers to break the the Diamond exclusive. In order for the upper level small publishers to break the exclusive, they need to have good reason from an indy distributor. Catch-22.

then there are NO read indys...if it's with Diamond I do not consider that in my platform of sales..

wisper
09-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Ordering, or reordering?

he would not do any...period. any thing that was on his shelf was it.

wisper
09-03-2008, 05:15 PM
check out their logo.......looks like FOJ...

http://www.superiorcomics.com/

kdmelrose
09-03-2008, 05:18 PM
he would not do any...period. any thing that was on his shelf was it.

If he's talking about ordering, when initial orders are taken each month with the release of Previews, then he's either mistaken or being untruthful.

If he's talking about reordering, once a particular issue has been released, then he's most likely correct.

wisper
09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
If he's talking about ordering, when initial orders are taken each month with the release of Previews, then he's either mistaken or being untruthful.

If he's talking about reordering, once a particular issue has been released, then he's most likely correct.

reordering...he normally buys bloodrayne as he has a few peeps following..he did have bleeders in stock too..

kdmelrose
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Well, as frustrating as Diamond can be, I can't imagine an independent distributor would, or could, be any better at filling reorders.

A retailer submits to the distributor a reorder for an issue of Indy Comix #1. The distributor doesn't happen to have that issue in stock in his warehouse -- aka his spare bedroom -- so he contacts the publisher. The publisher mails that $2.99 issue to the distributor, who then sends it to the retailer, who's getting it at a healthy discount.

So who pays for the postage?

wisper
09-03-2008, 06:19 PM
HAVE ANY/ALL WHO WANT YOUR SERVICE SEND YOU 50 COPYS..WHEN YOUR INVENTORY GETS TO 20 THEY MUST SEND ANOTHER 50..TOTAL INSTOCK INVENTORY.
INDYMAN HANDLES ALL ADVERTIZING...SALES...DISTRIBUTIONSHIP AND EXPENSES. NO NEVER DISCOUNT ! JUST EXCELLENT SERVICE FOR THE INDY COMMUNITY.WHY WOULD AN INDY PEEP NOT WANT SOMEONE SELL 24/7 THIER INVENTORY...ANSWERING ALL EMAILS...HAVE A WORKING PHONE WITH SOMEONE ANSWERING...NO MACHINE...PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH :laugh: ..YOU KNOWS..

any discount would be a combo platter/mix match...indy special of the day...FREE download SALE SIGNS FOR EACH INDY 11 X 17 !

kdmelrose
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
If there's no discount, what reason would the retailer have for carrying a non-returnable product?

L Jamal
09-03-2008, 08:51 PM
For a retailer to consider an indy distributor that distributor would have to be the major source for something the retailer needed. By major source, that could be first, best discount, only source, etc.

If you don't have something that they think they can sell, then they won't even bother to order. Even if you have something they can sell, they have to earn enough money to justify ordering from the distributor.

wisper
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
there would be a wholesale price to retailer..one that was set by indy and indyman distributor..and like I said multi indy purchase discount...PLUS the retailer would be listed on indymans web site..and in ALL advertizing..it could generate the retailer MORE $$$ from NEW local bizzness...plus some other ideas up my sleve so to speek..TV ads ! brother cable/tv..I did it back in the day for my harley shop..$$$ sold t shirts because of the ads..with my logo...Yo!