PDA

View Full Version : Lenore zine value?

alveraz
08-30-2008, 09:04 PM
So I was going through an old box of zines. I used to collect them in the 80's and 90's. Anyway, I came across a rare one in great condition called Xenophobe, issue #1. It has the very first appearance of a comic character known as Lenore by Spahn Dirge who actually used to put this zine out for free in San Diego. I picked it up at a local punk shop in 1992. There were very few of these out there.

Anyway, I'm not a Lenore fan but someone mentioned she's sort of an underground hit. What would something like this be worth out there, just curious? I can't find it anywhere, I've looked. So I have no way to figure this out.

Thoughts?

alveraz
09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Thoughts?

HaphazardJoy
09-10-2008, 10:15 PM
I think your best bet would be to find a shop that deals in this kind of collectible and contact them. Lenore has been reprinted and collected into graphic novels, definitely a little more of a teen book, but you might find an older collector who is a big fan and would give you more money than you could sell it anywhere else. Probably the sort of thing that's worth more if you find the right buyer.