PDA

View Full Version : Teen Titans 62

BIGROD
08-28-2008, 07:57 PM
WonderDog. Wow. :blink: :thumbs:

yellowphantom
08-28-2008, 09:49 PM
...homage to the 1970's Super Friends....groooovy...

http://www.thecomicfanatic.com/new%20images/tt62.jpg

BIGROD
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
...homage to the 1970's Super Friends....groooovy...

http://www.thecomicfanatic.com/new%20images/tt62.jpg

That's what you think.

Trust me, it's a lot better than just a homage. ;)

Deadfish07
08-30-2008, 11:49 AM
[sorta spoilers warning]

It was really twisted. I really didn't see it coming either until the page before. When it started getting that horror movie feel. I thought it was great, but I'm sure nostalgia fans are going to hate it.

Never liked this Marvin anyway. Marvin is supposed to be the ultimate fanboy living out his dream. This Mavin was too smart, technically smarter than Wendy too.

What McKeever needs to do in the upcoming issues to make this really epic... Krypto Vs. Wonder Dog.

Project: J-ko
09-03-2008, 04:45 AM
There was...NO FREAKING NEED to kill off Marvin and (probably) Wendy!!!

Though honestly, after the talk Cyborg gave them...somewhere in the back of my brain, a part of my mind called it. The rest of my mind just didn't want to listen.

McKeever is screwing with all my favorite Titans. Ravager, Miss Martian, and now Marvin and Wendy. (I'm a sucker for the little supporting characters, so M&W get to be on the same list as Rose and M'gann)

[EDIT] Now that I think about it, I suppose that Wendy could survive and use her super-science soaked brain to bring Marvin back from the brink of death. It'd work with the rest of ish #62 I suppose.

BIGROD
09-03-2008, 10:49 AM
In the splash panel of WonderDog devouring Marvin, there is as issue of 52 on the ground. I wonder if this was a nod to the scene where Sobek devours Osiris in that series.

09-03-2008, 04:49 PM
In the splash panel of WonderDog devouring Marvin, there is as issue of 52 on the ground. I wonder if this was a nod to the scene where Sobek devours Osiris in that series.

I had noticed that too, but didn't make that connection. Hmmm...now you've got me thinking.

Paul Sanderson
09-04-2008, 03:47 AM
Who's writing/illustrating Teen Titans these days?

09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Can't remember who the penciler is off-hand...brain is fizzling out...but it's being written by Sean McKeever.

Who, usually (from what I understand) is a pretty decent writer. His stuff so far though has been hit-or-miss, for me.

Currently...he's in "miss" mode. :sure: