PDA

View Full Version : Batman: Hush Returns

Comix Obsession
08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Was bought this for my Birthday - and really appreciated getting it, because it's not good. It shows me how bad comics can be. Very lazily written, and for some reason, poorly laid out on some of the pages - I literally had to go back to figure out who was saying what.

Any comments?

Lovecraft13
08-16-2008, 04:25 PM
It's a boring origin story.

Paul Sanderson
08-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Is this the one written by AJ Lieberman from the pages of Gotham Knight? If so, it's one of the worst things I've ever read.

Comix Obsession
08-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Is this the one written by AJ Lieberman from the pages of Gotham Knight? If so, it's one of the worst things I've ever read.

Yes! About The Riddler and The Joker teaming up and blah. What really gets me is how UN-Batman it is. Who the Hell is the oracle?? It's all so bizarre.

That, and the fact that the ending is a complete cop-out - instead of an ending, we get a brief synopsis what happened to Hush and then we jump forward a few months - I'm totally confused.

I must investigate the Green Arrow further though, because this comic made him look like a joke.

Troy Wall
08-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Never heard of this, but you guys should check out the 'Heart of Hush' storyline running in Detective Comics right now to witness Dini accomplish the great impossible, making Hush into a viable character in just five issues.

Paul Sanderson
08-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh man, I have to get that. I love Dini's run on Detective Comics. Thanks for that, Troy.

dmh_3000
08-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Was bought this for my Birthday - and really appreciated getting it, because it's not good. It shows me how bad comics can be. Very lazily written, and for some reason, poorly laid out on some of the pages - I literally had to go back to figure out who was saying what.

Any comments?

Yeah, these were my thoughts as well. I bought it because I liked the original Hush story and also wanted to know how the Joker ended up in the theme park in 'Under the Hood'. The only reason I keep it is because it has the Joker's origin story (Just cannot seem to fing Killing Joke anywhere) or when people ask me if there's a trade paperback I've ever regretted buying.

Looking forward to Dini's Hush though

Marrrrkie
09-05-2008, 05:31 AM
I really didn't like Hush Returns.
I loved Hush though.
And i think it's a good character.
It woulda been sweet if they would've used him in the nolan movies.

Word.