PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Crime Imprint

Ian Ascher
08-16-2008, 08:55 AM
An interview with Karen Berger

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080815-VertigoCrime.html

Im waiting to see what the price point on these GNs are. The format sounds cool and sounds like it may help to keep costs down a bit but who knows now these days. Would love to own the two already announced. Just hope I can fit them in with my current buying habits.

dmh_3000
08-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey, this sounds good. I've been a fan of the Vertigo books ever since I found Fables and Y: The Last Man. Will probably get these titles if I find them

Mark Bertolini
08-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, this sounds pretty damn cool. They should try to bring in a slew of crime fiction writers and see who's work can be properly translated into comic work. I'm thinking Andrew Vachss, Robert Crais, and maybe some new crime work from Joe R Lansdale.

The Anti-crest
08-18-2008, 01:11 PM
An interview with Karen Berger

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080815-VertigoCrime.html

Im waiting to see what the price point on these GNs are. The format sounds cool and sounds like it may help to keep costs down a bit but who knows now these days. Would love to own the two already announced. Just hope I can fit them in with my current buying habits.

With hard cover? probably about the same as the rest of their hard covers. Cairo was about 25 and it was black and white.

Ian Ascher
08-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Mark: I know Vachss did work for Dark Horse and he's done work for DC in the past as well on a Batman mini so the door is open a crack. Would be cool to see him bring Burke to life in an OGN.

Anti-Crest: You're probably right. $20 to $25 depending on page count. My only hope for a price cut is the size of the book itself is smaller, not just the page count.

Would love to see guys like Rucka, Brubaker, and Swierczynski have a go in that sandbox when their schedules allow.

Mark Bertolini
08-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Mark: I know Vachss did work for Dark Horse and he's done work for DC in the past as well on a Batman mini so the door is open a crack. Would be cool to see him bring Burke to life in an OGN.

Anti-Crest: You're probably right. $20 to $25 depending on page count. My only hope for a price cut is the size of the book itself is smaller, not just the page count.

Would love to see guys like Rucka, Brubaker, and Swierczynski have a go in that sandbox when their schedules allow.

Dude, I would love to see a Vachss OGN starring Burke and the gang. That would be badass.