PDA

View Full Version : Empire's top 50 comic book characters

KHudd
08-14-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/50greatestcomiccharacters/default.asp?c=50

I really didn't care for some of the characters and they did a bad job but at least they got the first top 2 correct but where ironman cap and where wolverine spiderman is should be higher and some should be off of the list .
You guys check it out for yourselfs .

Calloway
08-14-2008, 11:28 PM
I'd maybe move batman down one and bring in spidey at 2. Superman started comic books and is dcs ICON . Spider man helped get the ball rolling for marvel and is their ICON.

KHudd
08-14-2008, 11:53 PM
But if I had the choice to see the last batman comic or a last comic for spiderman I would buy the batman comic before that one . But I was mad about the wolverine over spiderman .

Buckyrig
08-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Get Venom off that list.

In fact, retcon the bastard out of existence.

:yuk:

Deadfish07
08-14-2008, 11:58 PM
It is a weird list in places. You have Green Lantern all the way in the back at 41, then Constantine all the way in the front at 3. Just shows you that they really need to make a Green Lantern movie.

KHudd
08-15-2008, 12:03 AM
It is a weird list in places. You have Green Lantern all the way in the back at 41, then Constantine all the way in the front at 3. Just shows you that they really need to make a Green Lantern movie.
I agree but which latern will be the latern in the movie . Was flash on the list ? Also I have never read a constantine book and was pissed that he was third .

Nick Kerklaan
08-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Oh man, now that this list has come out I have to start liking Constantine more than Green Lantern, otherwise Empire's jackbooted thugs will come stomp my ass into a mudhole!

:rolleyes:

C'mon, guys. It's just a list.

JamieRoberts
08-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Y'know, Empire do a decent job of not patronising the comics community, on the whole. Sure, the occasional geek remark makes it through, but they treat the medium better than most, no 'ZAP! KAPOW!' crap in their comics articles.

This list is fairly arbitrary, though.

Buckyrig
08-16-2008, 08:44 PM
:rolleyes:

C'mon, guys. It's just a list.

Quiet, troll.

Comix Obsession
08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Y'know, Empire do a decent job of not patronising the comics community, on the whole. Sure, the occasional geek remark makes it through, but they treat the medium better than most, no 'ZAP! KAPOW!' crap in their comics articles.

This list is fairly arbitrary, though.

I think generally Empire could be considered fans of the medium as a whole.

I agree about this list being arbitrary - but kudos to them for putting in the likes of Captain Haddock, Obelix and Vladek Spiegelman - that impressed me. No Tintin, though? No Asterix, no Calvin and Hobbes? No Charlie Brown? Too many superheroes for my liking - needs some more mixing up!

WSSmith
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
i WOULD LOVE TO HAVE BEEN A LISTNER ON THE CONVERSATION THAT LED TO CONSTANTINE BEING 3! OTHERWISE A PRETTY GOOD LIST!

ESPECIALLY W THE MEKON AND SCOTT PILGRIM