PDA

View Full Version : whos reading SAVAGE DRAGON???

Rob Norton
07-09-2008, 03:02 PM
this book doesnt seem to get much press these days. i hope thats not a bad sign. i love it. i have collected every issue from day one and its the longest run of any comic series i have. i recently pulled every issue and started re reading them all. im at issue 62 and MAN, what a great freaking read. there were all kinds of stuff i had forgotten about. its the kind of book i would love to be able to do some time.
i DO have to admit though. the last 30 or so issues just do not have the same energy and flare that those first 80 or so had. it has lost something. plus... larsen had the dragon do some dimension hoping between different universes or something and i totally lost track of which world he was on, which was the original, which was the new one, which got destoryed, which characters are from the new universe, which are from the old. it all got confusing and it lost its energy for me.
much as i am appluading this book, if you were to ask me what is the basic over all story for the last 30 issue, i couldnt tell you a thing. where as back when it started, i was totall wrapped up in the story.
sigh.. i dont know.
anyone else reading this and feeling the same thing? thoughts???

rob

Mark Bertolini
07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I used to read Savage Dragon religiously. But when I started seeing stuff like the She-Dragon, and Dragon's kid, and all kinds of other crap getting into the book, I stopped reading it (this was probably 4+ years ago).

Rob Norton
07-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I used to read Savage Dragon religiously. But when I started seeing stuff like the She-Dragon, and Dragon's kid, and all kinds of other crap getting into the book, I stopped reading it (this was probably 4+ years ago).

i always liked She-Dragon. shes been in it forever and i always thought she worked great.
dragons kid... im kinda on the fence about it. i dont mind the idea, but i dont really care either. plus, he did come around (the kid) in the time where it all got confusing. so that didnt help.

rob