PDA

View Full Version : John Byrne's Next Men vol.1 out this week

Mark Bertolini
05-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Man, I was wondering when this series was going to start getting collected. I used to really dig Next Men. I think I'll try to pick this up.

The Spirit
05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
He said on his site if the whole series once collected does well he's going to try and go back and finish it.

Mark Bertolini
05-28-2008, 10:05 PM
I kind of hope so, this was really the only work from Byrne that I actually liked.

Raven
05-29-2008, 09:18 AM
He said on his site if the whole series once collected does well he's going to try and go back and finish it.

I think that is bullshit. I am not buying a series on the promise of an ending. He'd sell more copies if he wrapped it up IN the trade paperback.

Ian Ascher
05-29-2008, 10:07 AM
I have a lot of the original issues in my collection but wouldn't mind picking up this collection.

As for an ending, I know Byrne said on Newsarama that he would like to contunie the series (probably at IDW) if he felt it would sell. The way he spoke made it sound as if he had quite a few more stories to tell and wasn't going to write it just for the sake of ending it.

crozonia
05-29-2008, 10:22 AM
I think that is bullshit. I am not buying a series on the promise of an ending. He'd sell more copies if he wrapped it up IN the trade paperback.

How is it bullshit? He needs to know the demand in order to do more. Have you read it? I highly recommend it. IMO, the best series of the 90's.