PDA

View Full Version : The Cost of Summer Comics

Ian Ascher
05-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Just read this and thought it was funny:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=157811

Looks like Marvel is really trying for that almighty dollar this year.

I don't feel as bad grabbing all the DC books now because they are really keeping them contained.

Mwynn
05-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Who actually would buy all those tie-ins? That is crazy.

Deadfish07
05-22-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll still pick up the books I usually get, not like I'm going to drop them because of a "Secret Invasion" banner. The only SI only book I'll probably grab (besides the main event) is the Runaways/Young Avengers. Maybe Frontline, since apparently they are dropping the Sally Floyd character. Frontline is a good concept, but she was too damn depressing.

Final Crisis, I can see myself picking up Three Worlds, Rogues Revenge and the Red Lantern one-shot.

pi0trov
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I guess there are actually people out there who have to buy every tie-in, but... No. I'm trying to cut back on spending anyway, so there's even less chance of me picking up random issues of books I don't normally read or start new series.

The only FC tie-in I'm planning on getting is the Legion series, but as a crazy Legion fanboy, I'd be buying that even if it wasn't part of a big crossover. Oh, and I'm already reading most of the Bat-books, so no chance of missing any R.I.P. stuff.

I already buy both Avengers, and I'm getting the SI mini, but that's it. If anything really important happens in She-Hulk or whatever, I'm sure I'll read about it online.

UNCTarheel
05-22-2008, 05:22 PM
440 $ for a 133 comics doesn't seem extremely high, but if its added together with comics you already buy can become a bear. Countdown tie ins seemed ok, but kinda pointless. I guess tie ins must boost the bottom line, but eventually they will take it to far. In fact they may already have!