PDA

View Full Version : Conan Frost-Giants Daughter & Other Stories Question

Ian Ascher
05-05-2008, 08:55 PM
While at the Pittsburgh Comic Con I bought several new, sealed, hardcover graphic novels for half off cover.

One of them happened to be Conan: The Frost-Giant's Daughter and Other Stories. I picked it up and started to read it this evening and, lo and behold, I see it's a limited edition signed by Kurt Busiek.

I started to look into it but so far haven't found anything on the net. There's nothing on the dust jacket to indicate this copy is any different from a regular edition. Cover price was $24.95 for the HC.

Does any one out there know how many of these Dark Horse did and if there was a way to tell before buying?

Its a very cool find... Im just curious about it now.

L Jamal
05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
All of the Conan: The Frost-Giant's Daughter and Other Stories HCs are signed

Ian Ascher
05-06-2008, 08:03 AM
That's cool.

At first I thought it was because this HC was "print to order" but I guess all the Dark Horse Conan HCs are print to order.

L Jamal
05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
The original was meant to be a one-off. There was to be no Volume 2 of the HCs. However, due to demand they continued with the release of the HC coming about a month before the TPB. With each volume (due to falling demand for the HCs) the 2 release dates became closer. As of the last volume (5), the books were released together.

I suspect that with Conan the Cimmerian the HCs will not continue.