PDA

View Full Version : Free Comic Book Day - what you got thread

Mark Bertolini
05-03-2008, 08:39 AM
So, what'd you get? I haven't gone out yet, my kids are still sleeping, and this is going to be their first FCBD. Will advise status of free comics later.

Ian Ascher
05-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Managed to snag a few books early.

I have the Hellboy issue from Dark Horse which is cool.
Grabbed the Marvel X-Men issue for my buddy.

That's it since I didn't want to be greedy. If I get the chance to stop by today I'll probably take one or two more.

JamieRoberts
05-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Ummm... lemme check.

I got 6. Is that greedy? Yikes. First time I've even been to a store on FCBD so I got carried away.

Got All Star Supes, Dan Dare, Tiny Titans, Owly, Ignatz and Hellboy.

I did buy some too.

marctheokay
05-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I have yet to go, but once, I was lucky enough to get forty free comics one year. The owner of a local shop where I used to live wanted to get rid of a bunch of back issues, so he let me take them. There were some gems in there.
I'm looking forward to grabbing All Star Superman and sending it to my brother so he might get into it.

JamieRoberts
05-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna send mine to my nephews and niece. They'll love 'em!

BJCochran
05-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Unfortunatly my comic book store was pretty much out of the good stuff by the time I could manage to get to it. So I only grabbed the Hellboy issue.

__________________________________________________ ______________-
'Within Each of us oftimes dwells a mighty and raging fury'

Coming Summer 08 --- The 666th Prequel by Brian Cochran and Cristian Alaminos --- Check out www.myspace.com/BJC25 for preview art

Mark Bertolini
05-03-2008, 11:20 PM
By the time I got to mine, all the good stuff was gone, but I picked up a Transformers and a Batman Adventures for my son, and a Mike Carey/Greg Land X-Men for me. And then they threw in Ultimate X-Men #1, which I already own, but whatever, it was free.

Ian Ascher
05-07-2008, 01:37 PM
Sifted through the leftovers today. Picked up:

The Top Cow book
Dan Dare
All Star Superman
Devil man

Also got Simpsons, Jughead, and Shoen Jump for a friend of mine here at work.

Aidy
05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
a load of old shat....

An X-men "pixie"story (i've been getting X-men for 15 years. i have no idea who she is..)

Ultimate Superman..(thanks..)

Hellboy (yep...this was worth the journey to travelling man)

Owely (for my girl)

The Bongo comic (see above)

Devil Man (alex ross cover..I'm such a sucker)

Tiny Titans x2 like peanuts but with powers...very cute. One for me and one for a little girl i know.

Its getting shitter in the UK every year, plus the guy's in the store keep the good stuff to give to kids they hope will drop quids on RPG's ....so now free heroclix for me this year.

J. Wilson
05-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I worked at the shop I go to on FCBD.

I got to take one of every book I was interested in. I didn't take most of the books that would be considered for mature readers but got most of everything else.

I haven't finished reading everything yet, but I'll give the kid titles to my niece, send out the ones I didn't care for or simply don't want to keep out in eBay auctions as extras, and there are a few I'll keep.

I had the shop owner order 25 extra copies of the Amelia Rules! book and paid for those so I could have them to give out to the girls that come to the house on Halloween.

After the day was over, I bought some of the leftover kid age books and am working on buying the rest to have about 200 books to give out on Halloween.

Last year I went through 174 of the 175 books I had to give away with the candy.

captainarian
05-11-2008, 12:24 PM
no FCBD in iran. :sure:

but my LEX LUTHOR: MAN OF STEEL arrived from france after two months after i ordered it. and i'm not sorry i have it.

Aidy
05-12-2008, 06:54 AM
why would you be sorry?

i see no one here who'd slap you for owning such a comic.