PDA

View Full Version : Hoping for some help Flesh Tone colors Help

Siafu
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm having such a difficult time picking out flesh tones for a pin up I'm doing... I used to not have this problem, but after a recent pin up, the calibration of my computer got messed up and now, nothing comes out the way it should. Either too dark or too light and with that... not a proper flesh tone to boot.

So... how do you guys pick the flesh tones you use? Any help would be great.

To give you some added info.

When I'm adding shading tones, the colors look saturated on the edges of the brush being used. When I put them into another computer, they aren't dark enough tho.

I played with the gamma, but it's not improving...

Biofungus
05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
The easiest way is finding a photo of someone with the skin tones you like, then use that as a palette (either just by keeping it open and using the eye dropper tool, or making a custom palette).

Siafu
05-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I think perhaps my photos I'm using need work themselves lol.

Thanks for the response too man. I really appreciate it. When I get a chance Saturday night, I'll post the image I'm refering to and perhaps that'll help give a few more ideas a chance to be heard... as it were.

Biofungus
05-03-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't know who originally uploaded this, but I'm not taking any credit for it. I had this saved in my 'references' folder:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y9/Biofungus/skinpallette.jpg

Siafu
05-04-2008, 04:48 AM
May not take credit for it, but I'm giving you credit for saving my ass!

Thanks man. I appreciate that.