PDA

View Full Version : Inking question

RedDragonUK
04-26-2008, 11:33 PM
I apoligize if this is in the wrong place or is a stupid question. Is it possible to ink over my pencils without actually inking on them? I'm not that great at it and dont want to ruin my pencil work. Do inkers ever use tracing paper or anything like that? I will be colouring with photoshop after so whatever I do it needs to be scanable (that may not be a word)

I cant print my pencils out at A3 size so thats not an option unfortunately.

Thanks for any help

Biofungus
04-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Lightboxing. Put another sheet of paper on top of the pencils, sit them on a light box, and ink away.

eve
04-27-2008, 08:25 AM
or print in blue as 2 or 3 halves A4 = A3. It's annoying when a panel doesn't fit on 1 halve, but even then it's doable, I assume you have a tablet to fix things easily digitally after scanning ? That'll help. Stitching together is on several layers (multiply), the trick is to have always full lines on each scan so you don't have this 'stitch line' running through the middle of your page.

RedDragonUK
04-27-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the info i'll try those out. Just dont want to spend hour on the pencils and quickly butcher it with inks,scary prospect lol.

omega sentry
12-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I have the same problem....you could go half an half rather than 3 parts. As in use a 8.5x11 standard paper two of those make a comicboard standard size. easyer to stich...