Mwynn
04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/12Gates/liefield.html

So I guess Youngblood is on hold again?

http://www.newsarama.com/12Gates/Liefeld_arm_Picture12.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/12Gates/Liefeld_arm_Picture5.jpg

Newt
04-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's just the colors, but this looks better than most of his superhero stuff.

Mwynn
04-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Pouches and Shoulder pads for everyone. Except death he gets none.

the machine
04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
holy saturation batman!!!

Mark Bertolini
04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
You know, love him or hate him, we probably talk about Rob Liefeld more than any other creator in comics.

Mic. Gee
04-16-2008, 06:16 PM
What do you want us to say? He's the Mel Gibson of comics.

and he's taken a few notes from pat lee about ghost artists.

MARS
04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
A meat hook coming out of the sky snagging a Lenin-ish arch type and here comes jesus christ superstar with the guns of Navarone in tow--- big Hiroshima bombs exploding ---Arabic looking chaps getting mowed down by the Grim Reaper Football and american flags blowing...Man this has got everything except black slaves getting tossed unto Slave ships.Running the gaunlet with machines gods of God and glory glory hossana in the highest rah-rah sheesh- boom-bah!

Wow.

Does anyone else have a problem with this line...

"Not meant to be controversial"...

Fucking Brilliant I say!

;)

M.

Phatman
04-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Newsarama: Rob, letís start at the beginning, and we suppose in this case that means the Bible. For people un ... or less-than familiar, can you maybe provide a brief scholarly overview of what the prophecies in Ezekiel and Revelation are precisely? This is the End Times/Judgment Day/Four Horsemen stuff, right?

Rob Liefeld: Yes. Four Horseman, Rapture, World War 3, Armageddon, Valley of Megiddo, Anti-Christ, False Prophet, all that stuff. All part of the scriptures in Ezekiel, Isaiah, Daniel in the Old Testament and Revelations, John among others in the New Testament.

Did I just read somebody asking Rob Liefeld for a "scholarly overview" of Biblical prophecy? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Newt
04-16-2008, 08:06 PM
He's a very well-researched person.

MARS
04-16-2008, 08:17 PM
And God's got pockets...

Lots and lots of pockets.

M.

Mwynn
04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
So in his version of the Bible they use the words Rapture and World War 3?

j giar
04-17-2008, 01:22 AM
And God's got pockets...

Lots and lots of pockets.

M.

....making fists and grimmacing constantly.

ponyrl
04-17-2008, 01:35 AM
you can put lipstick on a pig..............

Mike225
04-17-2008, 06:28 AM
you can put lipstick on a pig..............What happens after that?

Calloway
04-17-2008, 07:03 AM
You know, love him or hate him, we probably talk about Rob Liefeld more than any other creator in comics.

nope...Greg Land officially beat him.

This looks even crappier then his line work. His attempt at digital painting shows his lack of actual skill. In this day and age of comic art why would that soilder have a skin tight military vest?

The Spirit
04-17-2008, 07:10 AM
I gotta say, this looks better than anything he's ever done. It also looks like he's improved a bit on anatomy, especially the faces.

Calloway
04-17-2008, 07:52 AM
I think he got worse. He gave the guy in the lower right two cheek muscles. There is not consistency with the army guys face making him look like two different people.

As far as anatomy..it's still the same.

Raven
04-17-2008, 08:28 AM
This is OLD news.

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 08:41 AM
This is OLD news.
Maybe for you, yet it is new to me and others.

Scott Story
04-17-2008, 11:25 AM
The digital paints look pretty good over Rob's stuff.

Raven
04-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Maybe for you, yet it is new to me and others.

Then you are all a year or so behind the rest of the comic industry.

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Then you are all a year or so behind the rest of the comic industry.
Maybe.

Mark Bertolini
04-17-2008, 12:22 PM
This is the first I've heard of it....although when I see the words Rob, Liefeld, and New Comics in a sentence, I usually skip over it.

And then stick pencils into my eyeballs.

(Maybe he'll do an entire book without ever having to draw anyone's feet. Rob loves those little piles of dirt that obscure people's feet, yes he does.)

Raven
Maybe.

I'm just poking fun at you. No hostility intended. :)

Mwynn
This is the first I've heard of it....although when I see the words Rob, Liefeld, and New Comics in a sentence, I usually skip over it.

And then stick pencils into my eyeballs.

(Maybe he'll do an entire book without ever having to draw anyone's feet. Rob loves those little piles of dirt that obscure people's feet, yes he does.)
Cool welcome to the Year Back Club.

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm just poking fun at you. No hostility intended. :)
Its cool.

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
From the Synopsis on the Story page:

"The reader will be riveted by the world-class graphics, 'ripped from the headlines' news. A team of heroes discovers the mystery of Orion's constellation as it relates of the future of mankind."

From Rob's bio on the Creator's page:

"Soon after seeing that creations of his own, such as Cable and Deadpool, were generating tons of money (money of which he never saw a penny of), him and several fellow artists went off and founded Image Comics, a creator-owned venture into comics."

From the crawl on the top of the World Events page (and this, I think, is the funniest one):

"Armageddon Now will be supported by the largest advertising and promotional media campaign in the history of modern graphic."
http://www.armageddonnow.net/

The Spirit
04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
I think he got worse. He gave the guy in the lower right two cheek muscles. There is not consistency with the army guys face making him look like two different people.

As far as anatomy..it's still the same.
I disagree. He looks like he's made a few improvements. I guess no matter what he does at this point he won't be respected. Doing a Biblical comic in this climate will no doubt make him even more enemies.

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I disagree. He looks like he's made a few improvements. I guess no matter what he does at this point he won't be respected. Doing a Biblical comic in this climate will no doubt make him even more enemies.
Well doing a Biblical comic using false information is plenty worse.

BIGROD
04-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Well doing a Biblical comic using false information is plenty worse.

In all fairness, how much of The Bible has been proven as fact?

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 05:53 PM
In all fairness, how much of The Bible has been proven as fact?
False info as in things that are not on the pages.

By using the term Rapture, he is putting in the book what he has heard and not what he read.

The Spirit
04-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Well doing a Biblical comic using false information is plenty worse.He could do a Biblical comic that was 100% from scripture and endorsed by top Theologians and still be shunned.

In all fairness, how much of The Bible has been proven as fact?Aside from the tons of Archeological and Historical facts not much.

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 06:01 PM
He could do a Biblical comic that was 100% from scripture and endorsed by top Theologians and still be shunned.

Aside from the tons of Archeological and Historical facts not much.
Yet he would not be spreading false info. Dabel Brothers were doing a Biblical Comic that look good. If someone does it right I would be happy to check it out. Rob seems like he just is transporing Youngblood into a new setting.

Scott Story
04-17-2008, 06:51 PM
First off, he says in the interview it's his interpretation, not "the truth." He even says it's fiction until something like it happens. If you are going to be hateful, at least get your facts straight.

Second, on what grounds, I wonder, do you say it's Youngblood in a new setting? I read the article and looked at the pictures, and I didn't see Youngblood. You are just throwing heated language out for the fun of it.

If he wants to do Biblical fiction, let him. If you want to judge it, then read it first.

It's not my thing, so I won't be buying it.

Edit: How on earth is someone supposed to "do it right" if we have no idea what is really supposed to happen? That's crazy, and it just means whatever you want it to.

ponyrl
04-17-2008, 07:04 PM
What happens after that?
You add peanut butter on ya................:laugh:

Mwynn
04-17-2008, 07:12 PM
First off, he says in the interview it's his interpretation, not "the truth." He even says it's fiction until something like it happens. If you are going to be hateful, at least get your facts straight.

Second, on what grounds, I wonder, do you say it's Youngblood in a new setting? I read the article and looked at the pictures, and I didn't see Youngblood. You are just throwing heated language out for the fun of it.

If he wants to do Biblical fiction, let him. If you want to judge it, then read it first.

It's not my thing, so I won't be buying it.

Edit: How on earth is someone supposed to "do it right" if we have no idea what is really supposed to happen? That's crazy, and it just means whatever you want it to.

1. Who said anything about truth? I said adding things that the term World War 3 nor Rapture are in the text.

2. They look like characters that could have spun out of Youngblood, Bloodpack, Bloodblood, Bloodstrike, Strikeblooud, Bloodforce, Blooddude, Bludwulf etc.

3. Does it right, as in following the text.

4. Da hell do I need to read it for. This is a message board I'll judge before he even thinks of it if I feel like it.

As for anything else you said. Wrong I did not get heated, wrong I was not hateful. It was just my interpretation so why are you getting heated?

MARS
04-17-2008, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Scott Story]First off, he says in the interview it's his interpretation, not "the truth." He even says it's fiction until something like it happens. If you are going to be hateful, at least get your facts straight.

It's not my thing, so I won't be buying it./QUOTE]

Alot of this is true.

BUT if he's gonna put it put there that I should lend him or his partners any type of creditability on their "knowledge" of biblical whatever whatevers...

And the fact that he seems to be cashing in on his already "tarnished or misunderstood,hated...whatever" image...

The whole "people hate me anyway so i'm gonna give them another thing to hate on me about routine"

Then MAN UP and get your guns on AnnieO. cuz theys a cummin fo' ya.

I do applaud the way he's spinning things here for his own agenda. I hear you usually on alot of things Scott. I think that the bashing of any artist is not my thing because he's in my league (it's like a union or something)...

So i'm commenting on Rob Liefield the artisan/creator/dare i say writer? here.

I'm on Liefield for the "bullshit artist" trying to sell me on some post apocalyptic christian bullshit with every stereo type imaginable being represented and exploited. Wether i buy into it or not-- if he makes a press release on Newsarama he's telling me to look-and ultimately is looking for a pulse from his audience or most importantly -- Me.

His potential new audience member.

Religion is touchy feel-ly as is...You throw a bunch of cultures and so called "anti american" type shit in the mix doing a election year and you are telling me you aren't trying to CASH IN NOW HONEY in the LAnd of milk and honey?

I think he's either thought this through and knows EXACTLY what he's doing...OR he's blatantly THAT ignorant. (coming from the same dude who did a levi 501 commercial for buttonfly jeans comicbook rockstardom at it's finest hour)

either way...he's gonna need to provide better answers to some of the questions.

I read comics...But i'm not stupid.

(that should be a t-shirt)

Good thread.

M.

Mwynn
04-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Well will see how much research he did if he pulls out the Guff.

captainarian
05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
2. They look like characters that could have spun out of Youngblood, Bloodpack, Bloodblood, Bloodstrike, Strikeblooud, Bloodforce, Blooddude, Bludwulf etc..

lmao!

you forgot bloodpool and blood brothers.

Mwynn
05-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Bloodgut, Bloody Mary, Blood in Blood out, Bloody Gulch, Blood Sucker, Blue Bloods, Crips and Bloods, Blood of Ancients, Bloodrace.

Jason Berek-Lewis
05-01-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm keen to see this book. I think it's a new direction for Rob - there is not a superhero in sight. I view this more as a paranormal action adventure. The book is loosely based on an interpretation of scripture, it's not a direct transfer.

Let's face it, if Rob drew a comic book version of Mary Had A Little Lamb, it would be controversial. His name creates attention and sells books. For an independent title Armaggedon Now will do great numbers and will be boosted by big orders outside the direct market.

BJCochran
05-03-2008, 12:57 PM
Remember he doesnt draw feet so no character's feet will be shown. Also remember T and A. Cant wait to see Mary with Double Ds and a huge J-Lo like behind.

Someone please kill Rob.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
'Within Each of us oftimes dwells a mighty and raging fury'

Coming Summer 08 --- The 666th Prequel by Brian Cochran and Cristian Alaminos --- Check out www.myspace.com/BJC25 for preview art

BJCochran
05-03-2008, 12:58 PM
That would be if he did a Biblical story.

(Next time I will actually read the whole post before I post)

__________________________________________________ ____________________
'Within Each of us oftimes dwells a mighty and raging fury'

Coming Summer 08 --- The 666th Prequel by Brian Cochran and Cristian Alaminos --- Check out www.myspace.com/BJC25 for preview art

Mwynn
09-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Bumping up an old thread. Did this ever come out?

Aaron Walther
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Ha, I was just wondering the same thing, like a few days ago. I haven't heard anything about it since it's announcement.

Aaron Walther
09-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Looks like a special edition was printed for a Prophecy gathering this weekend. The regular edition will be released in comic shops next month, or so says Rich Johnston.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/09/05/rob-liefeld-launches-new-comic-at-prophecy-weekend-today/

Biofungus
09-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Mike Caprotti did a good job on the painting.

Biofungus
09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ARMAGEDDON-NOW-SIGNED-ROB-LIEFELD-PHIL-HOTSENPILLER_W0QQitemZ180338468358QQcmdZViewItemQQ ptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item29fd02a606&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Pixelpushing
09-12-2009, 04:18 PM
This is bloody funny

Mark Bertolini
09-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Bumping up an old thread. Did this ever come out?

I think a better question is, does anyone care either way?

Doctor Shock
09-18-2009, 03:52 PM
The person who bumped it did.