PDA

View Full Version : Spidey vs Venom vs Hulk

Phillup
03-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Here are some old pages from mid 2007. I was so excited when I saw that new Red version of the incredible hulk I was inspired to write and draw this. I never posted them before now because I didn't put spidey's web designs on his costume. And I don't think I ever will, so here they are. I left off the words too, sorry. But you can make up your own if you'd like. Let me know what ya think.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/kashdv8/SpideyVenomvsHulk1-2-.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/kashdv8/SpideyVenomvsHulk2-.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/kashdv8/SpideyVenomvsHulk3-.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/kashdv8/SpideyVenomvsHulk4-.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/kashdv8/SpideyVenomvsHulk5-.jpg

ariel
03-14-2008, 05:21 PM
story telling is good -- the wwe style of fighting is funny--
some poses look a bit stiff and a lot of the anat isnt very dynamic.

carynord
03-14-2008, 06:05 PM
This is really good stuff! Beautifully rendered; good story-telling; great attention to detail and the anatomy is great. I agree that it's a little too static in places though. It looks like you're using a lot of photo ref, which is great, but if you become too reliant on it your art can become really stiff.
You have to really push the action. Do your drawing first and then find the ref to tighten it up and not the other way around.

Excellent work though! Well done.

TACTICS1
03-14-2008, 06:23 PM
WOW..
That must be a well built building...For that Roof not to give in to that Impact...

Grant Perkins
03-15-2008, 05:38 AM
You make my pants wet.

hellblazer72
03-15-2008, 03:37 PM
cool pages..i think you should be working on something creator owned..

Jasen Smith
03-15-2008, 09:25 PM
I love these pages and your art. I haven't seen you post much new stuff for awhile.
But back to these pages.
I like them alot, you do a good job on Spidey, and your Hulk (though different) is a good look for him.
A colorist could help push that action for ya. :D

On the last page though (I know theyre rocks) but it looks like the Hulk has pimples. Maybe if youd placed a rock or two on the outer edge of Hulk so it's overlapping Hulk and the background it'd help to give the depth.

Phillup
03-15-2008, 11:39 PM
hey guys, I really appreciate y'all taking the time to comment on these pages. I actually didn't use any photo reference's, which is a compliment sort of. It also means that my skills are just plain stiff. I'm thankful for the suggestion though, i'm definitely gonna give it a try in the future.
It's funny that you question the integrity of that building, because on the next page or two, the roof gives in and they fall through. But I didn't draw it that far.
I was wondering about those rocks, I was gonna just erase them in photoshop, but I'll try what you mentioned first.
Thanks guys, if you see anything else, let me know.

pashburn25
03-16-2008, 12:24 AM
the last panel on page three says it all for me. that has some comedy in it but it also is understandable in the context of the story. i think your work speaks for its self. really good stuff.

OZ!
03-18-2008, 02:00 AM
I loved everything about this except the hulk in the last panel. Great movement and story telling. I LOVED Spidey pulling on Venom's tongue. Awesome.

khoipham
03-18-2008, 05:45 PM
i think this is fantastic, but then again, i'm already a big fan of your work. critwise, hulk looks like a teenager. gotta make him older. and more menacing. and give him pupils.

quantum1019
03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Looks pretty good, although the Hulk suddenly looks like Mike Allred's Madman in the last panel.

Joel_Herrera
03-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Great work, I actually have seen your stuff in a while. Good to see it again

Phillup
03-19-2008, 06:31 AM
Hey thanks PashBurn and Oz, one of my big concerns has always been weather or not my work flowed or not, i'm glad to hear that it worked for you.
And thanks Khoi, He does look really young, i'll have to rough him up a bit, good eye.
And Quantum and Joel, I should definitely slap a lightening exclamation mark on the hulks chest just to see what it would look like :) And Joel, I always look forward to seeing your works too, I often look for your name to pop up to see new posts.
You can't pay good money for this kinda service, I really appreciate your comments guys.

sevans
03-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Some very good anatomy skills, and beautifully spotted blacks.
Agree with the comments about the Hulk looking like Madman, and too young.

Still, some very impressive work.

Nick Pitarra
03-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Phillup...I freaking love these pages. Great clarity and storytelling, I enjoy the "stiffness" as well, gives the work a cool/fun feel. The action is great. There where a few parts on the solid blacks that I'd like to see you pull those single hatchmarks out on,instead of the edge of the black area just being smooth(I think it looks flat,if you don't pull out the lines on big black areas). But overall you do a great job of it. And these pages are banging. And congrats for living in Texas...bonus points for that! Keep up the great work man.

~nick