PDA

View Full Version : Page from C.H.E.S.S. A.P

TACTICS1
03-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Just a look...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fallonave/new%20chess%20pages/Alien_Passge_Page02_EdsonAlvesinker.jpg

TenGuKu
03-10-2008, 10:08 PM
Hello Tactics1, you have a nice page here...but I have to mention a couple of things that you need to look out for...perspective in panel 2 is all over the place...you have a bird's eye view on the hovel in the foreground, but the rest of the buildings are almost straight on...even ehn constructed on a hillside, houses are built parallel to the "horizon" that is, have you ever been in a house with noticeably inclined floors?
just establish the horizon first and work from there...
also, I would like to sugest that you vary the inclination of your image planes a bit..in a page like this one (non action) characters standing around vertically really stiffen the page up...if you use some diagonals you may get a little more of a dynamic effect even for a dialogue scene...
over all it looks interesting as a story...I would love to see how this develops..
later!

hellblazer72
03-11-2008, 01:11 AM
is this the same story that venom was working on?

cs3ink
03-11-2008, 08:59 AM
is this the same story that venom was working on?

I'll bet a million it is.

Nice page.

Later,
Chip

TACTICS1
03-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Thank you for your detailed comment TenGuKu, I will look out for those things on the future pages....Look out for them as I will like to hear your views on them..

You sure you want to bet a million Chip...I might have to take that bet...

galmando
03-11-2008, 07:54 PM
isnt it tradition to name the artist of the page? (or DW law! heh)

i'm just curious is all, cuz i remember venom doing these and it looked completely different, if it is him then he's come on in leaps and bounds

j giar
03-11-2008, 09:47 PM
The perspective issues don't bother me that much...My main problem is with the first panel. Being THE most important because it's the first image on the page. You have the main focus (the character with the binoculars) looking off to the left of the page. Sending the reader off in the opposite direction to which you want them to read. Probably can be overcome with balloon placements. Just something to watch for in the future...I like the artwork itself...Jim

galmando
03-11-2008, 09:58 PM
isnt it tradition to name the artist of the page? (or DW law! heh)

i'm just curious is all, cuz i remember venom doing these and it looked completely different, if it is him then he's come on in leaps and bounds

the reason i ask by the way is that i'm not sure if you are the artist or not. and i dont mean that in an insulting way, its just that last time the writer was posting the artists work for him.

so really, i guess the question is are you the writer or is this your artwork?

sorry for any confusion!

Eliseu Gouveia
03-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Great page, I especialy like the amount of detail you´ve put into it! :)

cs3ink
03-12-2008, 10:08 AM
You sure you want to bet a million Chip...I might have to take that bet...

The only reason I know it is the same story (or maybe a revised version) is that I worked with the previous artist & am familliar with the script because I helped him with his layouts.

In one of the next few pages some other military guy walks out of the mill in the distance and is snipered (I may have just invented that word).

Later,
Chip

j giar
03-12-2008, 11:08 AM
The only reason I know it is the same story (or maybe a revised version) is that I worked with the previous artist & am familliar with the script because I helped him with his layouts.

In one of the next few pages some other military guy walks out of the mill in the distance and is snipered (I may have just invented that word).

Later,
Chip

Would that not be sniped??? :huh: :D

TACTICS1
03-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I think Chip is onto something here...( Good thing I did not bet that Million)..

galmando- The artist name is Edson..

Eliseu Gouveia- Thank you very much..I also saw your pages..Truly awesome...

TenGuKu- Here is another page, I would love to hear yours and everybody's else comments..
Page 4
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fallonave/new%20chess%20pages/Alien_Passage_Page04_EdsonAlvesinke.jpg

cs3ink
03-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Nice page.

j giar
03-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Something about panel 2 bothers me...The shot looks like a profile but I don't think it is...is it? I like this gents work though. Jim

knockedoutpanzer
03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Something about panel 2 bothers me...The shot looks like a profile but I don't think it is...is it? I like this gents work though. Jim

I thought that too-at first it does look that way but I'm sure he's actually holding the gun in front of his face. Unfortunate lines make it look like a "flat" profile.

other than that this is very good.

TACTICS1
03-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Yeah in Panel 2 he is holding a gun...You will see it more when the final inks come in..

Here is the next page...
I love it..But let me know what you think...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fallonave/new%20chess%20pages/Alien_Passage_Page05_EdsonAlvesinke.jpg

j giar
03-13-2008, 07:54 PM
Nothing against the previous artist...we all have our own mountains to climb, but this artist seems to have a tighter hold on his art. Seems to have a little more confidence. Especially in his choice of angles. Love that first panel. Jim

TACTICS1
03-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Yeah the first Artist name was Venom..And he is doing great things right now..I'm really proud of him..

This Artist Edson really gets that gritty art i wanted for this comic...

Great for the action coming up....

j giar- I saw that Soul Driver comic you have..That is some awesome stuff..My friend...

cs3ink
03-14-2008, 09:28 AM
TACTICS1,

Didn't your threads get booted previously because you were posting for your artists? Only you had a different name.

Besides being a cheap thing to do, it also shows a serious disregard for the site.

VERY uncool.

LET. YOUR. ARTISTS. POST. THEIR. OWN. WORK. per the rules.

TACTICS1
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Look Here cs3ink..

I 'm posting the pages to get feed back....Everything that is said I copy and send to the artist..

I f you have a problem commenting on the pages, Then by all means don't..

But don't try and blow me up on rules.....Edson Is not from here and enjoys hearing everybody's comments about his work..

Your Comment Is Uncool..So Be East with it....Ya Dig...

cs3ink
03-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Do not post someone elses art looking for critiques on their behalf. If they want critiques they can register and post the work themselves.

Given that you've been called on this before & then changed your name & did the same thing again... Very poor taste & unprofessional as hell.

There is no reason your long list of artists can't post their own work. There is a reason for that rule. This isn't a pimping site. This is where pros & aspiring pros go to seek feedback on their work & engage in discussions that will aid them in their growth. Whether or not you pass the comments onto your artist is of absolutely zero point. Why you continue to deny your artists the opportunity availed to them via this forum is beyond me, & has frankly never sat right with me.

We all adhere to these rules. If I knew someone else wasn't I'd call them out as well.

Let your artists do their own posting.

And you might want to consider your own professional conduct as well.

TACTICS1
03-14-2008, 10:38 PM
O.k

Since this has to go here Chip..

There are plenty of people that does not always have access to Digital Webbing...
And Most of those artist wants to be included in such forums..And as Me being the only one posted art, You have plenty posting here..The Corrective Measures thread is By Salaza for one of his Artist.. And it so Happens that Edson is one of the artist that works under Salaza.. These artist love to hear the crtics on there work and feel that they can blend in with this market ..Half of them hardly speak english. But because of people like Salaza.. they have a chance to be a part of something..

So stop being the spokesperson of Digital webbing. and mind your business..
And let other artist live..

cs3ink
03-15-2008, 10:54 AM
That's funny, because I've talked a great deal with your previous CHESS artist, & his english is just fine... & yet you posted his pages for him as well.

Further, the non-english speaking thing doesn't ring true. Besides the contradiction of the aforementioned last CHESS artist who did speak (or at least typed) english, I know for a fact that non-english creators post their work here & converse here regularly. Three of the artists I deal with consistently from this site speak little to no english (Italian, Argentinian (sp?), Polish) and yet post their own work and communicate back & forth with the DW community. In fact, I've been developing a project with one of them so our conversations have been many & varied (& I speak zero Polish).

Make excuses all you want, it doesn't change the fact you rejoined DW under a new name & continued to do what got your threads deleted when you were posting under your original name.

TACTICS1
03-15-2008, 11:07 AM
What are you talking about...

Kong is posting his pages of Endgame and that is my character..
I don't care if People could post or not...If an artist could post his own work then great...

As far as me posting under a new name, I just have a new name because i could not remember my last password to log in and did not feel like digging in my e-mails..

You have a lot of interest in what i do, I would rather you just tell me how you feel about the art..If you have a problem with me or the art then please just don't comment on it..

You are really going above your means to turn this thread into a fight..
Let me do me and you do you..And we can both be happy..

Now unless your saying something about the art please don't comment on my thread...

OZ!
03-18-2008, 02:05 AM
Quite amazing! Who could have thought an inker could save such bad art?!? The story telling issues are still there and the art still has its problems but the inks took it up soooo many notches that this is officially impressive. You HAVE to give the inker hardcore props for this.

TACTICS1
03-18-2008, 08:37 PM
O.k
I'll take that...
I'm glad you like the improvement of the page OZ..
That means alot coming from you..Means I'm heading in the right direction....

hellblazer72
03-18-2008, 11:36 PM
if he has a gun in his hand already why does he have to pull out another...plus if your hunting someone down the last thing you want to do is smoke..it kind of gives your position away...

TACTICS1
03-20-2008, 01:29 PM
I guess he feels he has a better chance with a gun in each hand...

But as far as the cigar...I don't think that is a good way of sneaking in either..

This Pinpoint guy must be really cocky..

Here is another page to look at...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fallonave/submission%20package%202/Alien_Passage_Page07_EdsonAlvesinke.jpg

TACTICS1
03-28-2008, 08:38 PM
New Page layout...

Action heating up...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fallonave/new%20chess%20pages/sketpage9.jpg

TACTICS1
04-06-2008, 03:11 PM
next page....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fallonave/new%20chess%20pages/page10pencil.jpg

TACTICS1
04-16-2008, 08:19 PM
Latest outline..

This comic is almost done..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/fallonave/new%20chess%20pages/-Esboo_16.jpg