PDA

View Full Version : A forest...and an ELF!!

jar
03-01-2008, 12:45 AM
Hey gang. Havn't posted much in a while. Thought I would drop by :) Here's a sample page from a small project I'm working on. Would love to hear what you think! See yas!

http://www.angelaroy.ca/jar/dretch_pg01.jpg

compton
03-01-2008, 01:22 AM
nice work but this should be in sequential show case.

second I'm not sure what's happening in the two middle panels.
but over all nice stuff

OZ!
03-01-2008, 01:58 AM
Looks like he's smelling hair and then putting it away for safe keeping as though he is tracking someone.

Looks good even though it is in the wrong forum. ;)
You're really growing as well, very professional looking work here and no anat errors either. Great job.

joh james
03-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Really nice linework, Jar. Looking forward to your stuff.

Kevin Lee
03-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Wonderful work, very nice.

Miguel Marques
03-01-2008, 02:07 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs: :w00t:
wanted to see colored.

Funfetus
03-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Great work! The drawing is excellent -- I can't find anything wrong with it, and it's a nice-looking style. I'm also having a little trouble figuring out what's going on in panel 2, and in panel 4, it doesn't really look like he's seeing the creatures coming up behind him. Now, panel 1, two things: That branch that goes above his head gets fatter as it moves away from the trunk. Unless this is a very weird tree, that shouldn't happen. It might be because of the perspective, but it doesn't read that way. Also, and this is really more of a stylistic thing, I'd like to see some shadows on the underside of that branch, to better frame the hero.

I'm looking forward to seeing more!

mrwewiii
03-01-2008, 03:22 PM
freak-tastic!

kong
03-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I LOVE YOUR STUFF NOW. I like your strong use of shadows and the hatching is really getting nice. One thing I think is a weakness is your muscle anatomy on the elf. Where his shoulder and chest meets seems way off. Now story telling wise I'm not exactly sure whats happening... but since this is one page in the middle of a story it's kinda like catching a 2 minute clip in the middle of a movie and I never know whats going on in that case! I like the shots man and your monsters are definately your ace cards.

Adam Black
03-02-2008, 12:32 AM
I love where you've put your shadows. Tell me you're gonna ink this.

TenGuKu
03-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Cool page, lots of great things to look at, but I have a couple of questions, cuz Im finiding it hard to figure out whats going on...what happened to that hugeongous bow he's holding in panel 1? also the second panel should leave no room for interpretation..and I just dont know what that is..at aby rate yo uhave a very cool style, but pay a bit more attention to your anatomies..in the last panel, his neck is very large, and Im not sure whats going on with the deltoids/pecs
Hope you dont get mad, Im just trying to help...Like I said, I think your style is very cool, but just needs a little tweaking...freaking kick@$$ monster tho XD