PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead

Angel
02-14-2008, 05:40 PM
This issue was a bummer! One of the more disturbing comic deaths I have seen....ever.

DanMatrix
02-15-2008, 03:39 AM
I checked out #1 on Image's website, looks right up my alley. I'm going to try and pick up the hardcover #1.
Thanks for posting since its the only reason I looked the comic up.

knockedoutpanzer
03-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm in fair Londinium tomorrow. And as i keep hearing about this book I shall check it out.Along with some nice (and too expensive boo-hoo) Gretch guitars!

Scott James
03-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I went through 6 of the TPBs last year. It is fantastically disturbing piece of work

yellowphantom
03-02-2008, 07:33 PM
...i have the tpbs 1-7....and really enjoyed them up until around #6-7...it just started getting kinda boring and a little stale (like the inside of the camper)...
...but kirkman has promised a change with issue 50 and some action...let's see some more freakin' ZOMBIES...and some different points of view from new characters about what has occured in the world (the zombie plague) (again)...

...brains....

BIGROD
03-03-2008, 11:14 AM
It's not about the zombies, just like Cloverfield wasn't about a monster. When are people going to figure that out?

BIGROD
05-21-2008, 03:56 PM
I noticed this when I read the last issue but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

On the first page, is that Tyreese's zombified head Michonne puts her blade through? Between the first and last panels, It looks like the eyes are moving.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/images/previews/imagecomics/walkingdead/49/walkingdead49_p1.jpg

BJCochran
05-22-2008, 11:09 PM
I think it was Tyreese's head.

Troy Wall
05-23-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah, that's Tyreese. The moving eyes were there to denote he was now a member of the undead. In the WD world, people become zombies once they're dead, even if they weren't bitten. In a much earlier issue, Rick drove out and dug up the dude that porked his wife and mercy killed him because he knew he would be all zombiefied in his makeshift casket.

Imboden
05-23-2008, 01:50 AM
It's not about the zombies, just like Cloverfield wasn't about a monster. When are people going to figure that out?

QFT, my brother!

This is one of the best comics being written today, period.

Imboden
05-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Question about this issue:

In Spoiler-Vision for obvious reasons:

What's the status of Rick at the end?

Dead or just reallyyyyy fucked up from ODing on whatever he swallowed a bottle of?

Reply in Spoiler-Vision unless we feel comfortable talking out in the open and possibly ruining it for others.

BIGROD
05-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Not sure, but I hope he isn't dead. Rick is badass. Maybe it's just a way to separate him from Carl for a little while only to be reunited somewhere down the road. I think Michonne will be Carl's caretaker for a little bit when she finds him.

Carl is developing into an awesome character. He's done and seen more than anyone (let alone a 7-8 year old kid) should ever have to.

This by far is my favorite non-superhero book.

J. Alexopoulos
07-21-2008, 11:59 AM

Exactly.
It's tough to find 'authentic' characters of this quality. Their development puts Claremont's 70's X-men to shame.

Mark Bertolini
08-12-2008, 05:55 PM
I just picked up a bunch of the trades, having never read it before, and I'm hooked. This book is like fucking crack. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.