PDA

View Full Version : French Curve .....

ArtisticBlasts
02-04-2008, 09:20 PM
Guys,

I barely bought my french curve set, and I have no idea on how to use it on my pencils. Anyone care to let me know how to use it on pencil sketch page? Or perhaps someone can show me any URL address tutorial of it? :happy:

Thank you,

Lord Fejj
02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Just twist the french curve around untill you find a part that matches best the curve you want to draw.

BKMDog
02-05-2008, 05:25 AM
^ As above ^. It takes a little practice to get your eye used to finding the right spot. I'd also suggest you get yourself a "Gumby" or flexible curve. A single curve, rubber with a wire inside ( just like Gumby - hence the nickname ) that you can bend to almost any curve you need. 10 bucks'll buy you a decent one in almost any artstore. Like french curve it has an inking edge as well, so you can use it in both pencilling and inking. Hope this helps.

ArtisticBlasts
02-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Just twist the french curve around untill you find a part that matches best the curve you want to draw.
Ah, I see. Thanks ....

ArtisticBlasts
02-05-2008, 09:09 AM
^ As above ^. It takes a little practice to get your eye used to finding the right spot. I'd also suggest you get yourself a "Gumby" or flexible curve. A single curve, rubber with a wire inside ( just like Gumby - hence the nickname ) that you can bend to almost any curve you need. 10 bucks'll buy you a decent one in almost any artstore. Like french curve it has an inking edge as well, so you can use it in both pencilling and inking. Hope this helps.
BKMDog,

I see what you mean with "Gumby". I think I have one back then, but since I thought it was too soft and it seems that my lineart looks a little bit jagged because of it, I put it somewhere else. And I forgot where. Duh .... :(