PDA

View Full Version : Girls - Luna Bros

Ian Ascher
11-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow....

A friend of mine who knew I hated what the Luna Bros had done w/ Spider Woman told me I had to try their other work to understand and appreciate it. He lent me all 24 issues of Girls.

I still don't get it.

The art is so-so. Their use of perspective and bluring objects is distracting. The writing is boring and there were several plot holes. I honestly can't say if everything was resolved because after forcing myself to read 15 issues, I gave up and just flipped through the rest.

Not my cup of tea at all.

jmassie
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Wow....

A friend of mine who knew I hated what the Luna Bros had done w/ Spider Woman told me I had to try their other work to understand and appreciate it. He lent me all 24 issues of Girls.

I still don't get it.

The art is so-so. Their use of perspective and bluring objects is distracting. The writing is boring and there were several plot holes. I honestly can't say if everything was resolved because after forcing myself to read 15 issues, I gave up and just flipped through the rest.

Not my cup of tea at all.

They did a book called Ultra that I liked. I haven't read anything else by them. I went to school with one of them. The one that doesn't draw the books, but he could swing a mean brush.

paul brian deberry
11-19-2007, 12:53 PM
The art was a total turn off for me too and I never really liked Ultra, either.

J.D. Lombardi
11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
Girls...loved it! Bizarre, interesting and different than most anything on the shelves, I ate it up like candy. Their new book, The Sword had a really cool debut issue.

To each their own.

knockedoutpanzer
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
i didn't think i'd like the artwork on Sword 3 a bit too manga-esque but one panel where the heroine chops up the bad guys was so well done I bought it.

In fact the whole thing is decidedly cinematic but i really liked it alot. Very good set up for the next story with one of the best last pages I've seen in ages. :banana: