PDA

View Full Version : BPRD The Killing Grounds #4 ***SPOLIERS***

Ian Ascher
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
So Damio is a monkey dragon and somehow Johann channels the spirit of Lobster Johnson to wake Liz Sherman from a coma brought on by her mysterious spirit guide.

One of the craziest issues yet.

Does anyone else read this? It's a fantastic series with a great mix of super science and the supernatural.

hannu
11-18-2007, 04:43 AM
I have 3 trades. Really loved the last one (Plague of Frogs), great writing by Mignola and excellent art by Guy Davis. Thatīs the team I wanna see in the future, too.

knockedoutpanzer
11-18-2007, 06:50 AM
I'll be checking it out as I enjoyed Lobster Johnson so much. :)

Ian Ascher
11-18-2007, 08:37 AM
BPRD is a much differnt vibe than Lobster Johnson and the Hellboy books are different from both of those.

Mignolia has created a hell of a fun universe to read about. I remember when Hellboy was big 10 years agoa nd it seemed everyone was reading it. Now Im the only one in my shop that buys any of these books.

knockedoutpanzer
11-18-2007, 08:49 AM
BPRD is a much differnt vibe than Lobster Johnson and the Hellboy books are different from both of those.

Mignolia has created a hell of a fun universe to read about. I remember when Hellboy was big 10 years agoa nd it seemed everyone was reading it. Now Im the only one in my shop that buys any of these books.

Hellboy -Darkness Calls was one of my fave series so far this year. I even have some an old Zombie World comic Mignola did way back with Pat Mcgeown I think it was.Fun book. never got into BPRD so it will be interesting to see. :)

knockedoutpanzer
11-24-2007, 05:32 AM
Got it on Wednesday. wow it's sure bizarre. But excellent fun. I like the artwork particularly. I'm sure I saw someone complaining in Hellboy that if Mignola wasn't drawing it then it wasn't worth buying. Well that blokes just missing out.

hannu
11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
I also dig Guy Davisīs art immensely. It's just perfect for B.P.R.D. Without Mignola writing it, I might have not considered buying the following tpb's.

Has anyone read The Marquis by Davis? Thatīs a great book! :thumbs:

knockedoutpanzer
11-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I also dig Guy Davisīs art immensely. It's just perfect for B.P.R.D. Without Mignola writing it, I might have not considered buying the following tpb's.

Has anyone read The Marquis by Davis? Thatīs a great book! :thumbs:

I hadn't heard of that but will keep a look out. Sounds like an unusual idea a sort of alt-history with demons. :)

hannu
11-24-2007, 11:30 AM
It really is. And it has the scariest hell youīll ever see, excluding Hieronymus Boch.

knockedoutpanzer
11-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Went looking for The Marquis today but couldn't find it-I'll try Forbidden Planet. i did buy "Hiding in time 1" from Image as I kept meaning to get it but kept forgetting! Good fun. :)

Ian Ascher
11-29-2007, 09:25 AM
I was never a Guy Davis fan until he came aboard BPRD and even then, it took a few issues for me to warm up to him and see this was the right guy for the job.

Never read the Marquis or his Sandman Mystery Theatre but I may go back and check em out at some point. For now Im happy he's just doing BPRD.

I also read somewhere he does two to three pages a day. Might have been in the letter pages or in an issue of Wizard. Damn, that's fast