PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Homage Studios...???

steveo
11-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, gang...
I was looking through some boxes in my garage and found The Art of Homage Studios. Inside there is an article by David Wohl called How to Break into Comics. There is a piece of artwork inside the article...does anyone know who it's by. My guess is Jim Lee but I could be wrong.

Just curious.

SteveO
e3w

L Jamal
11-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Considering that Homage Studios was (what is now) Wildstorm and Top Cow, it is possible that is was Jim Lee.

Justice41
11-10-2007, 09:45 PM
Scan it post it.

steveo
11-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Scan it post it.

I'll try to scan it...

SteveO
e3w

steveo
11-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Considering that Homage Studios was (what is now) Wildstorm and Top Cow, it is possible that is was Jim Lee.

I knew that, ljamal...just wasn't sure if it was Whilce, Marc or Jim...or whomever.

I'll be scanning the image shortly.

SteveO
e3w

wisper
11-10-2007, 10:36 PM
if you can scan photo it..

Ian Ascher
11-11-2007, 08:27 AM
Oddly enough I have the same book and knew right where it was because I went through my ooksa few weeks ago.

The art in question looks like it's from one of the "clones", not Lee or Silvestri or Portacio.

It looks like there's two signatures in the rock. One looks like it could be (Aron) Wiesenfeld, the other looks like it could be Joe Benitz. THey could also just be chicken scratch because the image is so small and my eye sight is god awful.

My guess is Joe Benitz because #1: It looks a lot like the Weapon Zero stuff he worked on for TopCow which #2: Silvestri has a short in the same book for and #3: the characters look very similar.

steveo
11-11-2007, 11:29 PM
My guess is Joe Benitz because #1: It looks a lot like the Weapon Zero stuff he worked on for TopCow which #2: Silvestri has a short in the same book for and #3: the characters look very similar.

Bingo...we have a winner. I just heard back from Joe Benitez and he said it's his and it's a very early version of Weapon Zero...before he even had a story and character breakdowns.

:)

SteveO
e3w

Ian Ascher
11-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Wow... so do I win a prize???

:laugh: