PDA

View Full Version : Double page splashes

shushubag
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM
How do you guys handle them? This is for the pencilers. Do you guys lay out on a smaller size? If so how small?

I've been trying to do a splash but whew that's a monster. I tried to do it on an 8 x 11 turned sideways then blown up to size but when it gets enlarged it just feels like a waste of real estate. I know it's up to the writer, but I was just thinking if I did my own writing wow. What a gap.

Biofungus
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Just use two normal sized thumbnails side by side. Of course, you do the full size splash on two pages taped together, so I don't see what the actual problem is.

shushubag
10-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Just use two normal sized thumbnails side by side. Of course, you do the full size splash on two pages taped together, so I don't see what the actual problem is.

Not that. I mean it looks like its missing something. Never mind.

captainarian
10-03-2007, 03:18 PM
draw it on a A2 paper or an A3.

Biofungus
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Not that. I mean it looks like its missing something. Never mind.
I think what you're missing is, 8x11 isn't the same dimensions as 11x17 (or 10x15, if you're not doing full bleed). Try using a thumbnail layout that is proportionately equal to your work space.

And keep in mind, open space isn't such a bad thing. There's a lot to take in in a double splash page, so use the open space to draw the viewers eye around the splash.

mannie abeleda
10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I think what you're missing is, 8x11 isn't the same dimensions as 11x17 (or 10x15, if you're not doing full bleed). Try using a thumbnail layout that is proportionately equal to your work space.

And keep in mind, open space isn't such a bad thing. There's a lot to take in in a double splash page, so use the open space to draw the viewers eye around the splash.

8x11 fold in half is a exact same dimensions as 11x17. after thumbs enlarge it by 50%, taped it under your 11x17 and use a lightbox