PDA

View Full Version : Superman 666 [SPOILERS!]

N Hammer
08-21-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/aug07/previews/Aug_22.html
(Scroll to the bottom)

Walter Simonson going the art. NICE!!!

Personally, I don't care what the story is about, I just love Simonson's artwork.

flaregirl
08-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Okay..this is too awesome! And look who is doing the lettering, John Workman, who I asked about the other week in a thread. I agree with you, anything Walt S does, I'm getting..:)

ponyrl
08-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Funny as F*CK!

A must read. I got mine!:)

N Hammer
08-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Just read the issue. Wow...I loved the way Superman killed Luthor.....Olsen died pretty nasty as well.

Simonson artwork looking nice as always.

Nitecrawlah2
08-22-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/aug07/previews/Aug_22.html
(Scroll to the bottom)

Walter Simonson going the art. NICE!!!

Personally, I don't care what the story is about, I just love Simonson's artwork.
Simonson's been one of the very few creators who gets my money regardless of the project. I don't even read Superman and I want to pick this up. We spoke for a bit in Baltimore a few years back, and he mentioned how unfortunate it was that comics weren't as fun as they could be sometimes. This issue looks like shitloads of the fun I used to love in comics.

N Hammer
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Simonson's been one of the very few creators who gets my money regardless of the project. I don't even read Superman and I want to pick this up. We spoke for a bit in Baltimore a few years back, and he mentioned how unfortunate it was that comics weren't as fun as they could be sometimes. This issue looks like shitloads of the fun I used to love in comics.

Simonson is going to be at Baltimore this year, and it looks like I may get to go as well. He'll be one of my first stops. :thumbs:

Nitecrawlah2
08-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Simonson is going to be at Baltimore this year, and it looks like I may get to go as well. He'll be one of my first stops. :thumbs:
Yeah, he's always a stop for me. His Thor run was one of the first comics I've ever read. Granted, I'm only 25 and started collecting when I was 12-13, but I picked it up on the recommendation of my then Comic Book Guy at the shop, and loved his work ever since.

captainarian
08-23-2007, 07:25 AM
i managed to get batman 666, it was awesome. are these events happenin in another world or what? how could daimian grow into an adult in a few issues?
ut cool story. don't know aboyt superman.

Ian Ascher
08-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Just a good, fun issue.

A nice mix of Revelations and comic book fun all rolled into one 22 page book.