PDA

View Full Version : Dynamo 5 in Wizard

Ian Ascher
08-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Just read the new Secret Stash column in Wizard and it featured Dynamo 5 with art by our very own Mahmud Asrar.

Congrats man... very cool to see this book doing so well for you and Jay.

Troy Wall
08-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Dynamo 5 is damned good readin'! I just read the first five issues back to back earlier this week. Couldn't put 'em down.

Ian Ascher
08-06-2007, 02:10 PM
This isn't the type of book I would normally pick up on its own. I bought it because of Mahmud but I was surprised by the story when I got it. It's an interesting read and I'll keep grabbing it for the near future.

hobbes
08-07-2007, 06:12 PM
I love this book. Fun read! Glad to see it getting some spotlight time.

Imiron
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
It's great to hear that the locals are liking the book. :thumbs:

Radiophonicus
08-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I guess I'll have to take a look at this book.

SethNI
08-08-2007, 05:17 PM
I got issue one, then couldn't find it at the store, then issue 3 popped up, so I'm going to badger them to get the rest. Enjoyed issue one a lot.. everything that was printed in wizard was spot on!

Cinar
08-08-2007, 10:23 PM
D5 rocks! :)

Ian Ascher
08-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Yes it does Cinar...

How ya been by the way? Long time no see....

Blackjack
08-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey Ian! Thanks for the D5 love. Always very appreciated.

Glad you're enjoying the book guys.

Here's a new press release on the book by the way. Thought new readers might like to hear this;

DYNAMO 5 LOWERS PRICE
Bold new story, bold new price!

August 13th, 2007 (Berkeley, CA) - Jay Faerber and Mahmud A. Asrar's DYNAMO 5 pulls off the impossible as a new storyline lowers its price to $2.99.

"The reception to our first arc has gone above and beyond what we imagined," says writer Jay Faerber. "So much so we're confident enough to lower the cost by a substantial amount. This combined with the inexpensively priced trade paperback should make it easy to bring on any reluctant readers."

Issue #8 opens with the illegitimate children of Captain Dynamo torn apart by revelations they never saw coming. In fact, their latest battle has them fighting against their strongest foe yet without their two most powerful members. Much like the preceding arc this one promises one shocker after another with further secrets changing the way you look at our titular team.

Image Comics Publisher Erik Larsen says, "It's hard to launch an all new superteam in a market flooded with them. Despite all that Jay and Mahmud have put out something unlike any other funnybook on the racks. We couldn't be happier with the book performing far beyond our projections."

DYNAMO 5 #8 (AUG072006), a 32-page comic with a cover price of $2.99, will be available for order in the August issue of Previews and will go on sale October 10.

The Scribe
08-19-2007, 04:25 PM
I saw the article. I might have to take a look at this book. ;)

Cinar
08-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Yes it does Cinar...

How ya been by the way? Long time no see....

Hey Ian!
I'm still on Noble Causes and big things are on the way. :)
Hope you're well...
Any news from Last Paladin?