PDA

View Full Version : MAGAZINES FILMMAKER, JUXTAPOZ & AC

J^2
07-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Can anyone tell me if these title are good or not? I just ordered the latest copy of "Juxtapoz" and am curious about the others. I am trying to be a penciler and would like some sources of ideas as well as some good reads.

mysterionB
07-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Juxtapoz is cool ...look into gettin "Giant Robot" magazine , great articles cool and crazy art, self described as Asian pop culture and beyond, hmm s'true!

J^2
07-02-2007, 09:56 PM
Thanks!

Giant Robot looks like something I'm gonna have to get. Maybe they have it at Borders? :cool:

J^2
07-31-2007, 11:01 AM
I have started to read the latest copies of both of these magazines and if anyone is interested in what I think you can respond to this thread or PM me.

mysterionB
08-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Not in my current budget to buy, but tell us what jumps out at you!

We could still see an artists work on line or movie promo ...any interesting tidbits or concepts?

J^2
08-03-2007, 05:27 AM
Not in my current budget to buy, but tell us what jumps out at you!

We could still see an artists work on line or movie promo ...any interesting tidbits or concepts?

Juxtapoz-I plan to get a subscription to this. It has a lot of different types of art. I think exposure to different art forms is helpful in regards to comics. If I see something in someone else's art that inspires me to try and do something different in comic form, then I've accomplished on of my objectives. The current issue has a lot of graffiti art in it and has a brief bio on the artists.

Filmmaker- This is good to find out about movies that don't get a lot of attention from the mainstream media, independent films. The current issue has Sarah Polley on it and some of the movies described inside look interesting. The thing that interest me about independent film is these are made by individuals who are not under any obligation to a major studio so they pretty much have free reign to do what they want, the only draw back to this is that often times they have to fund these themselves so the quality may be lacking in certain areas.