PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Illustrator Question---

BKMDog
05-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know how to change the color of the artboard in Illustrator 9, ( Windows )? Changing the application window color is simple enough, but I'd love to be able to change the artboard color from that glaring white. Anybody? :blink:

Siafu
05-26-2007, 08:35 PM
I think what you have to do, is flood fill the artboard with a color. Keep it as its own layer, and lock the layer. That way you won't have troubles with selecting the layer of color, instead of what you're actually working on.

I'm not sure if this will actually help or not, but it's a quick fix to your question... I think.

BKMDog
05-26-2007, 08:41 PM
- Good suggestion, Siafu, and much appreciated.

I did think of that actually, but what I'm really after is info on how to change the artboard color, so that whenever a new document is opened / created, it will always have whatever color I select as a default, other than white.

L Jamal
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
You can fill the document as Siafu suggested and then save that document as your default document.

lumiere0001
07-04-2008, 12:52 AM
I think what you have to do, is flood fill the artboard with a color. Keep it as its own layer, and lock the layer. That way you won't have troubles with selecting the layer of color, instead of what you're actually working on.

I'm not sure if this will actually help or not, but it's a quick fix to your question... I think.

Or you can also custom the artboard color on the document setup. Search on the transparency then change the two colors into same one. check the box, saying 'Simulate Colored Paper' then press OK. Even if you don't check the box, you can also change the color of the artboard by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D that way you can shift colors from the default one into your custom one.

I don't remember if you can set what you have custom into a default document. Also, the same thing goes in Corel, the default is white artboard & that's it. It's always white everytime you go for a new document :)