PDA

View Full Version : I got no skills! Yay!

umakbill
05-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Ok, so, I can't draw. Like anything. I was wondering if there was any hope for me developing my talents at all? Should I take all manner of art and drawing classes in the hope of improving my artistic abilities? I would just be a writer and have an illustrator, but I have no money to pay someone. I don't have any friends who would be up to it for free, and I felt too presumptuous asking for help on the Help Wanted forum without being able to pay someone for their work. Mind you I am not asking for a graphic novel, simply a webcomic full of comedic goodness for all. Any advice?

hannu
05-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Ok, so, I can't draw. Like anything. I was wondering if there was any hope for me developing my talents at all? Should I take all manner of art and drawing classes in the hope of improving my artistic abilities?
Take classes and see where it takes you. If you improve and have fun, keep at it.

I felt too presumptuous asking for help on the Help Wanted forum without being able to pay someone for their work.
Why? You can always try. There are people who do stuff just for fun. But if you expect to get someone good, you really need to spend some dough.

umakbill
05-08-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm just looking for someone who can draw things more complex than stick figures. I'll try it out in the Help Wanted section, thanks!

Scott Story
05-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Write prose. No artist required.

Scribbly
05-09-2007, 11:03 AM
If you can't draw don't push yourself, that should come naturaly, and after you find some skills about, then start practicing to improve what you already have.

You can use your imagination and creativity to become a great writer.

Most of my art directors in advertisement, they can't do more than stick figures, but they have brillant ideas. Maybe you just need to be conscious about your real talents and start working from there.
BEST!

www.savideduardo.com

umakbill
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Thanks for all you advice, I put up a thread in the Help Wanted, and I'm trying to find things that I can draw easily! Thank you! ^^

Scaleyinx
05-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok, so, I can't draw. Like anything. I was wondering if there was any hope for me developing my talents at all? Should I take all manner of art and drawing classes in the hope of improving my artistic abilities? I would just be a writer and have an illustrator, but I have no money to pay someone. I don't have any friends who would be up to it for free, and I felt too presumptuous asking for help on the Help Wanted forum without being able to pay someone for their work. Mind you I am not asking for a graphic novel, simply a webcomic full of comedic goodness for all. Any advice?

No friends? Silly Rabbit. :rolleyes: Come by the house Jordan and I'll show/give ya some other tips. Maybe I can help steer you in the right direction. :)

Lord Fejj
05-11-2007, 05:54 PM
If you love or enjoy drawing, then draw! Take classes, practice, read books etc. If you don't really like to draw that much then don't, it can be very frustrating and drive you crazy! :laugh:

The-Spirit
05-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Become an editor.

umakbill
05-12-2007, 12:39 AM
No friends? Silly Rabbit. :rolleyes: Come by the house Jordan and I'll show/give ya some other tips. Maybe I can help steer you in the right direction. :)
Hey! ^^ That'd be awesome! We don't see too much of you guys anymore!

Gav Heryng
05-25-2007, 12:21 PM
If you can't draw don't push yourself, that should come naturaly, and after you find some skills about, then start practicing to improve what you already have.

Hmm. I think that could be misinterpreted.

If you're not very good at drawing, but have the passion for it, just keep practicing. Drawing, like most things, is an aquired skill. Some people aquire it naturally, and some people have to work at it.

If you really don't like drawing, then don't do it, as it will most likely show in your work that you don't care much for it.

Dis