PDA

View Full Version : Fell #8

Ian Ascher
04-21-2007, 09:50 AM
This book could only come out once a year and I would still enjoy the hell out of it.

Mark Bertolini
05-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Isn't that the way it is anyway? :D

carriertone
05-11-2007, 02:35 AM
It's actually been on time for the past few issues. Hopefully it will stay that way.

- Carl

exilednight
05-19-2007, 12:37 AM
This is the only running Image title that I bother to buy. It's so good, it's actually a surprise that Image is the one publishing it.

Mark Bertolini
05-24-2007, 04:24 PM
I just picked up the sweet Feral City trade. It'll be nice to sit down and read all eight issues in one, uh, sitting.

carriertone
05-24-2007, 09:49 PM
This is the only running Image title that I bother to buy. It's so good, it's actually a surprise that Image is the one publishing it.

Image is putting out some of the best books right now. They are willing to take risks and publish ideas that don't tend to sell that well, and I applaud them for it. Image was one of the main reasons I, and many others like me, left comics in the nineties. Holofoil covers, multiple covers, superhero clones like Youngblood and Wildcats, etc. However, Image was also a main reason I came back. The Walking Dead is awesome, and so is Invincible, Gutsville, Phonogram, Madman, Casanova, Elephantmen, Girls, Negative Burn, Battle Pope, Death Dealer, Strange Girl, Sam Noir, Pirates of Coney Island, Cross Bronx, and the list goes on. Diversity man. Yeah they don't really publish much carbon copy superhero stuff anymore, but that's what Marvel and DC are for.

- Carl

exilednight
05-25-2007, 03:05 PM
I have personally found that most of those books have dropped in quality. I use to love Battle Pope, Girls was awesome for a while, I picked up two issues of Sam Noir and quickly grew tiresome of it, Elephantmen is the one book I want to pick up and read.

I find better stories in Vertigo and one great book in Wild Storm. DMZ and Jack of Fables are great books thus far. 100 Bullets and Y the Last Man have really good depending on the stories, they are mostly hit and miss at the moment. Warren Ellis's, Desolation Jones, under the Wild Storm Logo, is a great book. It's the kind of book Ellis writes best.

I find that I the Top Cow/Image shared logo books are some of the best at the moment.

Ian Ascher
06-07-2007, 09:47 PM
I just picked up the sweet Feral City trade. It'll be nice to sit down and read all eight issues in one, uh, sitting.

Hey Mark...

Does the Ferral City TPB have all the extra stuff from the back of the books in there as well or just the comics portion?

carriertone
06-09-2007, 04:36 AM
I find better stories in Vertigo and one great book in Wild Storm. DMZ and Jack of Fables are great books thus far. 100 Bullets and Y the Last Man have really good depending on the stories, they are mostly hit and miss at the moment. Warren Ellis's, Desolation Jones, under the Wild Storm Logo, is a great book. It's the kind of book Ellis writes best.

I find that I the Top Cow/Image shared logo books are some of the best at the moment.

I agree with you on the Vertigo tip, but Top Cow!? Seriously!? Rising Stars was good for a while, Wanted was awesome, and Madame Mirage looks cool, but that's about it. I've never understood the draw to Top Cow. Just not my cup of tea I guess.

- Carl