PDA

View Full Version : Brave and the Bold

Ian Ascher
03-03-2007, 07:30 PM
A great read and beautifuly illustrated.

Perez has announced that the Pittsburgh ComicCon is his last show until 2009 so he can maintain a monthly run on the book for a minimum or 24 to 30 issues to match what he did on Avengers for Marvel.

Waid has already managed to log good solid runs on titles for both Marvel and DC

This could be a very fun book for a very long time.

Paul Sanderson
03-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm looking forward to this one.

carriertone
03-04-2007, 08:06 PM
This was, so far, the biggest surprise for me in 2007. The plot seemed lame when I first heard about it, but the story was really fun. I can't wait for the next issue.

- C

Scott Story
03-04-2007, 08:14 PM
George Perez still has it!

The-Spirit
03-04-2007, 08:21 PM
I loved the first issue, one of my favorite titles as a kid, it looks like a great idea to have a Hero Rotation going on.

dougiemccoy
03-06-2007, 09:01 PM
This quickly jumped to the top on my pull file,... can't wait for the next issue

onizuka43
03-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I looks definitly like a good old school comic. Waid and Perez just makes it that much better.

Paul Sanderson
03-07-2007, 02:46 AM
Like I always say - old school is the new cool! :D

Ian Ascher
03-11-2007, 09:58 AM
For those who haven't heard the news yet...

After the Pittsburgh ComicCon in late April, George Perez will not do another Con until 2009. His reason: he wants to do a three year run on the Brave and the Bold with Mark Waid, something to rival his three years on Avengers with Kurt busiek, and feels in order to give the monthly quality his fans deserve, he needs to chain himself to his drafting table.

Its good to see he can make a commitment like that to DC and the fans in a day and age where we might get three or four issues from a hot artist before they have to step down or take a break for six months to play catch up.

BKMDog
03-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Its good to see he can make a commitment like that to DC and the fans in a day and age where we might get three or four issues from a hot artist before they have to step down or take a break for six months to play catch up.

As it should be. This is part of being an artist in comics or in any other venue. Definitely the mark of a top-flight pro, to say the least. Some of the other, aforementioned: "hot artist" types, should pay attention to this. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'm bloody-well tired of the rock star mentality among too many superstar artists. Nice to see that Perez ain't one of 'em ( never was as far as I know ). Kudos, George.

Paul Sanderson
03-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Yep, George is an old school pro, and it's nice to see him back on a full-time title. The industry needs more like him.