PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason to the Draft

Mwynn
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Free Agency kicks off at 11pm Thursday. Some trade rumors are swirling

McGahee is on the block along with Randy Moss.

dano
02-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Heh! Any team would have to be really frickin' desperate to sign Moss.
McGahee? Good runner, will problaby do well where ever he goes. But the Bills have so many problems it'd be worth their while to dump him and get a couple extra draft picks. This year is loaded with linemen. They could conceivably pull a '06 Jets and get 2 OL to start. AND still draft an RB or grab one off FA. I hear Cory Dillion is no longer the bee's knees in Foxboro.

MattWaterman
02-28-2007, 01:38 PM
I don't know about Buffalo's move. If you're trying to establish a young QB, a good running game is his best friend. Unless they go for a different veteran, which makes little sense, then you're going to have two, almost, rookies at your two most important skill positions. Sounds like spinning-the-wheels to me...

Moss to Green Bay? Well, of anyone who could keep him in line it'd be Favre, perhaps. Though both of them are freelancing just as much as the other in the past couple years.

Also gonna be interesting to see how that @sshole Pacman's nonsense plays out. Supposedly he beat that woman to a pulp.

:blink: :mad:

dano
02-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Wasn't McGahee befuddled by injury this past year? Screw Losman!
If Jeff Garcia goes to Buffalo I may have to start watching them again.

Mwynn
02-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Willis only missed two games last season.
Dillion is set to retire.

Nitecrawlah2
02-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Wasn't McGahee befuddled by injury this past year? Screw Losman!
If Jeff Garcia goes to Buffalo I may have to start watching them again.
Does Buffalo run the West Coast? If so, Garcia and McGahee would be a killer combination.

Mwynn
02-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Buffalo uses a ball control offense. Their passing game is mainly medium and deep passes. They run the offense Oakland wants to run.

Nitecrawlah2
02-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Ah, then I can't see Jeff Garcia succeeding in either of those offenses.

Khuth
02-28-2007, 07:33 PM
McGahee hasn't endeared himself to Buffalo with his work ethic and comments like the Bills would be better moved to Toronto and ect. Word going around is that he'll be traded to the Giants for their 20th pick, which they will in turn use on Marshawn Lynch who is a better pass catching RB, and play a role similar to Thurman Thomas on Levy's old Bills teams.

The Bills need help, but they will only be spending up to the cap. Since they run a Cover 2, they'll need someone like Cal CB Daymeion Hughes with the inevitable loss of Nate Clements, plus you could see them pick up Cato June.

I hope the Vikings resist the need to trade for David Carr, since they released Brad Johnson...Carr and Tavarious Jackson don't give me much hope for the Viks QB situation.

Moss could end up in Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers, but I think they'd do better to draft Jemarcus Russel. Don't forget Thomas Jones is also on the block since Chicago will continue to push Cedric Benson into more playing time.

dano
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I think Carr's a good QB watching his games, he makes some really great throws when he gets time to actually set his feet and toss it.
You put him behind a decent line and he's going to do well. Assuning Tim Couch disease hasn't set in.

Mwynn
03-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Dre Bly to Denver for Tatum Bell, George Foster, and a 5th round pick.

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Bucs Get:
QB Jake Plummer

Broncos Get:
2007 4th round draft pick

dano
03-02-2007, 12:43 PM
^smart move.

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Hold that deal, Plummer may have just retired.

dano
03-02-2007, 12:54 PM
^smart move

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
It is official seems Plummer wanted nothing to do with Tampa Bay.

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Donnie Edwards Voids Contract
Steelers Cut Joey Porter
Dan Morgan and Rucker resign with Panthers
Joe Horn cut
Nate Clement possibly to the 49ers

dano
03-02-2007, 01:01 PM
He had a pretty good run though and got paid well. He could not work a day for the rest of his life and be comfortable.

sunr
03-02-2007, 02:16 PM
I think Denver gets McGahee, Browns gets Porter, San Fran gets Horn and Adalius Thomas and anybody else they want with their cap space. They have like 50 mil to spend. Trent Green goes to Miami. KC's in trouble the next few years because I don't think their bringging up a young QB. Maybe the trade Green and something else for a chance at Brady Quinn. I have no clue where Moss is ending up. just my guesses, DAMN I LOVE FOOTBALL.

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 02:19 PM
McGahee would not work in Denver's system. He is a power runner, Denver uses a cutback blocking scheme. Denver will probably go after Darius Walker in the draft.

MattWaterman
03-02-2007, 02:21 PM
I absolutely love this headline on ESPN:

"Free agency commences, several meetings arranged"

Riveting!!!!

:laugh:

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 03:53 PM
ESPN Radio apparently is reporting that the Broncos have signed tight end Daniel Graham to a contract including $10 million in guaranteed money.

dano
03-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Wow, they're making MOVEs.
Shanahan must be getting really desperate. The screws are tightening!

Cat
03-02-2007, 04:00 PM
I don' t think it is desparation as much as plugging the holes in the ship! :banana:

MattWaterman
03-02-2007, 04:02 PM
Dan: "But don't you think that--"

Cat: "Half-Full!!!"

dano
03-02-2007, 04:04 PM
What about Rod Smith! He's getting OOOOld!

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Joe Horn and Brandon Stokely are on the market. The draft is heavy with wide outs.

dano
03-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Joe Horn and Javon Walker would be a trip!

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I think Rod maybe able to give one more half way decent season. Last year was a bust for him.

Denver has the 21st pick. If they stay where they are they could get.

Breaston, Steve
Gonzalez, Anthony
Meachem, Robert
Smith, Steve

Anyone of them could be a good fit.

MattWaterman
03-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Michael Turner = Restricted free agent

"One cut" kinda guy. Hurts the leading competition. Comparative lack of runners in draft.

Think Denver will give up a #1 for him?

dano
03-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Isn't Mike Bell and 'Thunder' Dayne still there?

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 04:25 PM
It will take a 1 and 3 to get Turner. Ron Dayne is with the Texans. Remember he ran wild on the Colts last season.

MattWaterman
03-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh wait, I forgot:

Willis MacGahee.

He might not even take a #1. Dang, you think the Tatum Bell trade signals his arrival....?

dano
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
What? nooo.
Shanahan's had many a near star RB and he always dumps them! The day he actually gets a big name RB intentionally is the day I ..uh, man it's late on a friday.

Mike Bell!

MattWaterman
03-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Woah. Also reporting that Takeo Spikes might be cut if they can't find a trading partner...

Weird.

dano
03-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Good! The Bills rebuilt like 3 times and each time they never did it right.
Toss a few high priced old guys out and get it right this time!
Frickin' Losman.

Mwynn
03-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Patriots are about to sign Adalius Thomas.

Khuth
03-03-2007, 12:03 AM
49ers are throwing money to some big names, Nate Clements at Corner and Michael Lewis at Safety. They're also in the running to sign Adalius Thomas if he doesn't go to the Pats. Also the Niners are on Drew Bennets short list.

Mwynn
03-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Thomas has signed with the Pats. They need a wide out or 2 now.

Mwynn
03-03-2007, 01:09 PM
If Joey Porter signs with the Ravens, will the world end?

Mwynn
03-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Jeff Garcia has signed with the Bucs.

Mwynn
03-03-2007, 02:19 PM
St. Louis Rams sign WR Drew Bennett

Mwynn
03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Jake Plummer has joined the Bucs. They now have a log jam at Qb.

Khuth
03-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Well dependent on if Plummer retires or not, and I think Garcia will beat out Simms for the starting spot. Oakland can always trade for one of them.

Mwynn
03-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Plummer is not going to retire.

Khuth
03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Only if he goes to the Texans, but he can't take any competition to be a starter, why would he want to fight it out with both Simms and Garcia to try and start in TBay. The more likely scenario is for the Bucs to hold out as long as they can until the Texans give into whatever trade demand they have, unless Houston takes a QB in the draft.

Khuth
03-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Plummer is not going to retire.

He's retired for sure now, according to http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/04/bc.nfl.plummer/index.html

Nitecrawlah2
03-04-2007, 06:53 PM
If Joey Porter signs with the Ravens, will the world end?
Did they cut him over contract stuff? Almost as harsh as Joe "Mr. New Orleans" Horn being cut by the Saints.

Mwynn
03-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Did they cut him over contract stuff? Almost as harsh as Joe "Mr. New Orleans" Horn being cut by the Saints.
Yeah, it was either cut him or pay him.

Mwynn
03-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Ahman Green to the Texans.

Mwynn
03-05-2007, 03:05 PM
Travis Henry to the Broncos.

dano
03-05-2007, 04:14 PM
wOW, IF bRONCOS CAN GET cUTLER UP TO SPEED, eh who am i kidding.

Mwynn
03-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Joey Porter to the Dolphins
Thomas Jones to the Jets and a swap of 2nd round picks.
Patrick Kerney to the Seahawks.

Patriots are interested in Randy Moss.

Nitecrawlah2
03-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Joey Porter to the Dolphins.
The Miami D just became the 3rd best in the league. Get them a working quarterback, and they just might make it out of there conference this year.

Mwynn
03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Donte Stallworth to the Pats

T.J. May
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM

The Pats have opened the vault this week. Surprising. Of course they still have 10 millon draft picks too. Belichick sure can stock pile. I think they still might go out and get Randy Moss too.

Knuckles
03-07-2007, 09:02 AM

As Miami gets better, so does the Pats. If they get Moss, they will win the Superbowl next year (if no major injuries like Brady getting hurt.)

MattWaterman
03-07-2007, 09:09 AM
I want to touch on that Jones-to-NY deal again: I hate NY but I have to admit that's a damn fine deal they struck there. They didn't even give up a draft pick! News reports seem to suggest they gave away a #2 and then, only in the body of the article, do they say that Jones is coming with the Bears' #2. Dropping down about 25 spots in the second round is nothing, IMO, for what Jones can offer them...

Mwynn
03-07-2007, 09:11 AM
They probably would have used that pick on a running back anyway.

MattWaterman
03-07-2007, 09:13 AM
As Miami gets better, so does the Pats. If they get Moss, they will win the Superbowl next year (if no major injuries like Brady getting hurt.)

Call me skeptical. There's that mantra that "things just don't go right" when it comes to repeating as champ, be it injuries, chemistry, or something else. Last year, it seemed the cracks were starting to show in New England, especially with the Branch affair. For them to bring in Moss now....? I don't know. Reminds me a lot of Philly bringing in Owens as a solution to all their problems.

The way it's going, San Diego won't be champs, and Indy won't be because "things just don't go right" twice in a row. But I'm not getting the vibe that it's going to be New England either...

MattWaterman
03-07-2007, 09:14 AM
They probably would have used that pick on a running back anyway.

Right! So now they're freed up for "best available player" rather than being forced to go with a RB. In the Belichick / Mangini system that's a powerful tool.

Nitecrawlah2
03-07-2007, 01:28 PM
As much as I hate Moss' inability to "man up" to his situations and play hard, I think New England work well for all parties. He's with a winning franchise so he'll be happier, and NE gets a deep threat they're probably never had. They have the money and picks, and should get a steal from Oakland's fire sale.

Knuckles
03-07-2007, 04:52 PM
I want to touch on that Jones-to-NY deal again: I hate NY but I have to admit that's a damn fine deal they struck there. They didn't even give up a draft pick! News reports seem to suggest they gave away a #2 and then, only in the body of the article, do they say that Jones is coming with the Bears' #2. Dropping down about 25 spots in the second round is nothing, IMO, for what Jones can offer them...

The reports here are saying that Jones wanted to be traded last year, but the GM couldn't, so he told them to work hard and he would trade him next year.

MattWaterman
03-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow, MacGahee to the Ravens.

Heh. Another Miami trouble-maker on that team... Seems to fit...

dano
03-08-2007, 01:00 PM
HEH!
What are the Bills going to do??

Nitecrawlah2
03-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Buffalo's looking to rebuild... again?! Here I thought the Raiders or Browns would be clearing house by now.

dano
03-08-2007, 03:10 PM
They never really went into full rebuild mode. They tried to rebuild the offense while maintaining an all-star defense. it doesnt work that way. Thus the floundering since Wade's inherited team from Levy flopped.

Mwynn
03-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for Tim Carter.
Dominic Rhodes to the Oakland Raiders

Khuth
03-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Stallworth is a Pat, now imagine if they get Randy Moss.

FB Justin Griffith helps the Oakland run game, and is familiair with OC Greg Knapp.

MattWaterman
03-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Matt Schaub in a trade to Houston for draft picks.

Looks kinda stupid for both sides, IMO.

Houston gets: A smart passer without a huge arm but who also needs a little bit of protection. Kinda.....like....David Carr....

Atlanta gets: A #2 draft pick in 2008, essentially, and loses their main security blanket behind a scrambling, injury prone QB.

Kinda to see the positives for either side...

Nitecrawlah2
03-21-2007, 06:45 PM
Matt Schaub in a trade to Houston for draft picks.

Looks kinda stupid for both sides, IMO.

Houston gets: A smart passer without a huge arm but who also needs a little bit of protection. Kinda.....like....David Carr....

Atlanta gets: A #2 draft pick in 2008, essentially, and loses their main security blanket behind a scrambling, injury prone QB.

Kinda to see the positives for either side...
So Houston's replacing David Carr with... David Carr? :blink: You think they'd go in a different direction with regards to style of quarterback they'd invest in. At least Michael Vick (hopefully) understands that it's do or die now in Atlanta with him at the helm.

dano
03-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Rod Woodson was just complaining about that. They signed Carr to an $8mm extension last year and now they seem to be going with a guy who never even played a full season.
Contrary to popular belief Carr's progressed in his time there. He had a 68% completion rate and the fewest sacks in his career.
IMO both teams get what they deserve. Falcons will continue to flounder under the misconception that Vick walks on water and Texans will continue to suffer for the blind eye towards their O-line.

The one good thing is that MAAAAYBE Carr will get the opportunity to play for another teanm that has a better line. Sometimes a change in scenery helps refresh a career.

edit:
The other nugget of mismanagement; do they play a 2 TE set?
Both their TEs (Bruener, Putzier) had considerable success before going to the Texans and then floundered while there. Having that extra blocker who can also be a dump off would probably help with the bad o-line if they refuse to upgrade it.

MattWaterman
03-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Oh my god, If I was Green Bay I'd give up a #2 pick and even other conditionals for Carr....

Nitecrawlah2
03-22-2007, 03:39 PM
I was thinking Green Bay as well Matt. Or Baltimore, good ol' McNair only has a few bits left in him after all.

MattWaterman
03-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Everybody seems to be thinking Oakland but, if I was Carr, I wouldn't go there unless they made me. Talk about "out of the frying pan; into the fire..."

His best bet might be to write his own ticket, letting it be known that he would be willing to restructure only for certain teams. It appears the Texans' biggest hinderence to a trade is his salary, something like $6 mil this year and $7 mil next. If he comes out and says he would reduce his number $X amount, maybe for the Packers or, say, Miami maybe they might be more willing to trade.

The dude's pocketed some money already; he should be worried about his health and career now...

Mwynn
03-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Rod Woodson was just complaining about that. They signed Carr to an $8mm extension last year and now they seem to be going with a guy who never even played a full season.
Contrary to popular belief Carr's progressed in his time there. He had a 68% completion rate and the fewest sacks in his career.
IMO both teams get what they deserve. Falcons will continue to flounder under the misconception that Vick walks on water and Texans will continue to suffer for the blind eye towards their O-line.

The one good thing is that MAAAAYBE Carr will get the opportunity to play for another teanm that has a better line. Sometimes a change in scenery helps refresh a career.

edit:
The other nugget of mismanagement; do they play a 2 TE set?
Both their TEs (Bruener, Putzier) had considerable success before going to the Texans and then floundered while there. Having that extra blocker who can also be a dump off would probably help with the bad o-line if they refuse to upgrade it.
The Texans use Denvers version of the west coast. The system is not designed to throw to the TE.

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Possible new rules.
No spiking of the ball in the field of play, it will be a dead ball 5 yard penalty.
Moving of the ball 5 yards up on Kickoffs in Overtime. This rule is dumb, they should just adopt the college rule for OT.

A rule they should have change years ago.

Is Pass Interference. Since it is pretty much a judgment call, it should not be more than 15 yards.

dano
03-28-2007, 12:27 PM
I hate rules!

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 12:31 PM
http://home.austin.rr.com/rogerw/Anarchy.jpg

Cat
03-28-2007, 12:34 PM
No Spiking of the ball?!! OH COME ON!! Grow up!! Next thing you know they won't be able to say "YEA I scored a touchdown!" :yawn:

I also agree with you on the Overtime Rule..go with collage rules

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 12:36 PM
That is no spiking of the ball in the field of play. In other words after catching a pass for 5 yards, you cannot get up and spike the ball.

MattWaterman
03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Disagree on the spiking the ball. Just keep it as the "taunting" rule if the official finds it especially obnoxious. That's what the officials are there for...

I'm not so sure about the overtime rules. I'm leery of the college way just because of the amount of injuries. Also, if field goals count, the games could take foreeeeeever. But yeah, the coin flip has to go...

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 12:47 PM
After the 1st OT Field Goals should be voided, forcing teams to go for the win.

They want to move the ball, to stop the coin toss winning team, from winning the game. If they move the ball up, it will cause more touchbacks.

dano
03-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Heh! Remeber when the XFL had people run for first possession like in grade school dodge-ball? That would be awesome.

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Remember in the first game, some poor sap got a separated shoulder?

TAP_LEGION
03-28-2007, 01:03 PM
The Chargers and apparently the Rams AND the Bears have undergone uniform/helmet design changes.
The Chargers new look is a cross between the old school powder blue style/white helmet and the one they adopted in the late 80's....I havent seen the Bears or Rams new look but someone told me that the horns have been given the old heave ho... :confused:

dano
03-28-2007, 01:11 PM
I kinda likes the horns. It'd be better than a logo of the snorting goat on there.

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Marshall Faulk

I remember watching him at San Diego State. He only played the second half of one game is ran for over 200 yards. He quickly became my grandfather and my favorite player. I am sad to see him go.

TAP_LEGION
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I called the Bears and Rams HQ...they have no idea what I was talking about....lol...I guess the horns are safe...but you never know....could be slight alterations, like when the Colts switched from a blue facemask to a grey...I have a L.T. football to do and I'm still thinking about keeping him in the old school look(powder blue).

dano
03-28-2007, 01:20 PM
did he die?

TAP_LEGION
03-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Heh! Remeber when the XFL had people run for first possession like in grade school dodge-ball? That would be awesome.

I remember a game that Jesse Ventura was commentating on...he kept going on about why one team was taking their time marching down field when there was only 2-3 minutes left on the clock...he kept on and on about it till the other announcer informed him that it was only nearing the end of the 3rd quarter...I knew then that the XFL was doomed.

TAP_LEGION
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
did he die?

who?

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 01:21 PM
What about Jim Ross constantly reminding us that there were no Fair Catches in the XFL.

Knuckles
03-28-2007, 02:18 PM
did he die?

I believe he retired.

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 02:20 PM
did he die?
My Grandfather yes.

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Instant Replay will not be going anywhere.

I still think they need a high speed camera on the goal line.

dano
03-28-2007, 03:56 PM
Faulk is on one of those NFL commentary shows. He's still around!

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Faulk is on one of those NFL commentary shows. He's still around!
Yeah he is on NFL network. I will miss seeing him on the field, because he was my grandfather and my favorite player.

MattWaterman
03-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Yeah he is on NFL network. I will miss seeing him on the field, because he was my grandfather and my favorite player.

:eek: :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mwynn
03-28-2007, 04:40 PM
:eek: :confused:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Confused about what. We both liked to watch him play, since college. A player we talked about alot. The Rams won the Superbowl in 2000, my Grandfather died in 2000.

MattWaterman
03-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Condolansces on your loss, man. But in the future, perhaps an 's might eliminate some of the confusion...

Nitecrawlah2
03-28-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah, Faulk was discussing plans to return from his injury last year. Could this have been a decision made easier by the organization?

Good for him, He's was the better NBC commentary/color guy, and he was only guest-spotting!

mistermaxx
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Watch for a power-shift in the NFC West this year: my Niners will finally get back on top!

Bringing in free agents Aubrayo Franklin and Nate Clements will strengthen an improving defense. On offense, Frank Gore led the NFC in rushing, and Alex Smith has another year of experience under his belt. Hey, if the Niners can pick up a quality receiver, another cornerback (back up the aging Pro Bowl corner Walt Harris) and a couple D-linemen in the draft...I'm thinking NFC West Champs, baby.

dano
03-28-2007, 09:18 PM
^Woo!
Losing antonio Bryant could be a blessing in disguise. He was T.O. lite.
They still need a #1 WR though. Hopefully Vernon Davis will step up this year but not having that #1 WR is going to haunt them.

But yes, the west is going to be a crap shoot.

Mwynn
04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
NO 'FOREVER' GOAL LINE: Other changes in rules include one that Falcons QB Michael Vick and other players understood and used to their advantage for several seasons. Players will no longer be able to score going out of bounds at the goal line if they touch the pylon with any part of the body that does not include the football.

NO SPIKING: Players will not be able to spike the ball or throw the ball up in the air after plays that end in-bounds. Doing so will result in a five-yard penalty. The increase in those types of displays would force officials to chase down the football as it bounded away from the end of the play. If it occurs after a play for a first down, the next play will be first-and-10 after the five-yard walkoff.

This rule does not apply to touchdown plays. Players may spike the ball at will after crossing the goal line.

PASSING THE TIME UP FRONT: Any pass that unintentionally strikes an offensive lineman is no longer a five-yard penalty.

PUSHING AND SHOVING: The owners voted to modify roughing the passer so that a defender engaged with a quarterback who simply extends his arms and shoves the passer to the ground is no longer penalized.

DOWN BY CONTACT STAYS IN REPLAY MODE: The owners also voted to make permanent reviews of down by contact plays, which were added last season.

Any runner ruled down by defensive contact when the recovery of a fumble by an opponent or a teammate occurs during the continuing action of the play (action that occurs through the recovery of the fumble) can be reviewed. If the ruling of down by contact is changed, the ball belongs to the recovering player at the spot of the recovery of the fumble, and any advance is nullified. If the Referee does not have indisputable visual evidence as to which player recovered the fumble, the ruling of down by contact will stand.

GONE IN 60 SECONDS: Another permanent move made is that NFL referees will have just 60 seconds to look at reviewable plays on their video monitors. The time limit was put in place last season.

NO ASKING FOR MORE TIME: The provision in the rule book that allows quarterbacks to ask that the play clock be reset due to crowd noise has been deleted.

mistermaxx
04-01-2007, 01:35 PM
So...David Carr.

I live about 30 minutes north from Carr's alma mater, Fresno State. I only got to see him play once in 2000 against Hawaii. The Bulldogs were at the fifty-yard line and Carr dropped back to pass; getting backside pressure, he rolled out, sprinting to his right and just before he went out of bounds, he throws the ball ACROSS HIS BODY to hit Bernard Berrian in the OPPOSITE BACK CORNER OF THE ENDZONE.

Needless to say, I had high hopes for Carr coming out in the draft.

Six years later, and now I'm hoping Carr makes a smart move when picking his new team. He's got a visit scheduled in Seattle, and I say he'd best make a play for the Seahawks if they really want him. Playing for Mike Holmgren, an acknowledged offensive guru and quarterbacks mentor, can do nothing but benefit him at this point in this career. The 'Hawks would get a fantastic Number Two with tons of game experience to back up Matt Hasselbeck.

Note: in my senior year of high school, 1979, our varsity football team at Oak Grove High School in San Jose, CA. won the section championships. Our offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach was a fella named...Mike Holmgren.

dano
04-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I still maintain that Carr is a good QB.
If he ended up in Seattle it'd be win-win for everyone.
I really hope he doesn't go for the money but picks a team that'll actually allow him to play well

mistermaxx
04-01-2007, 10:50 PM
I still maintain that Carr is a good QB.
If he ended up in Seattle it'd be win-win for everyone.
I really hope he doesn't go for the money but picks a team that'll actually allow him to play well

Agreed, dano.

Matt Hasselbeck is recovering from surgery in January to repair the torn labrum cartilage in his left (non-throwing) shoulder.

The 'Hawks would be well-advised to pick up Carr for Plan B though, if Hasselbeck, in his ninth year, doesn't hold up physically during the season. Seneca Wallace is just not going to cut it, and I have a feeling that, with Walter Jones protecting his blindside, Carr could blossom.

Nitecrawlah2
04-02-2007, 02:24 PM
Carr to Green Bay? I know they already have a back-up lined up behind Favre, but it could still work. I just don't get the Seattle job, not just yet anyways. Hasselbeck's got at least 2 years left there with Holmgren