PDA

View Full Version : New Series...( idea)

Freeman01
02-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Comic book idol ( I soooo would not use the name but it gets the premise across)

1 year Image would go to conventions going over proposals in private with creators tossing out the crap....

then Fans could see the 1st round pics in JAN and FEB on the net...

March-April Fans votes are calculated and In June or July 3 series by the 3 finalist are put out in 1 issue collection for fans to deside which should be published...the winner because the first company owned series from Image Comics....

( I know , a far fetched Idea....just thought I would post it)

Spacious Interior
03-07-2007, 01:44 PM
I love the idea, but I can't imagine any publisher sinking that kinda money into marketing the thing but only because it's not a mainstream audience.

ChrisMcJunkin
03-16-2007, 09:22 AM
There's a comic website called dimestorecomics that features an annual competition that does just that. And the name of the competition is Small Press Idol. It's four rounds and they still have some time left to enter.

Gonzogoose
03-16-2007, 08:56 PM
In Small Press Idol the winner gets their four-issue creator-owned mini-series published by Dimestore. You can still enter up to March 25th with just a pencil cover and synopsis. www.dimestoreproductions.com. I'm lettering two entries and writing my own, all of which have passed into round 2.

CBR also did a Comic Book Idol contest a few years ago, but it was only for artists. The winning artist got a number of prizes including shorts at Oni, a trip to SDCC and so forth.

As for Image, they published Todd Nauck's book Wildguard, which was a superhero parody of American Idol. :)