PDA

View Full Version : What Should I read?

Matt_Face
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I used to be really into comics in up into my early teens, but it's probably been like 10 years since I picked one up. I was really into Spawn and Max and the Image anti-hero stuff , but I dug on Bat Man, Green lantern, Spiderman, X-men and the like when I was younger. Towards the end I was liking Cerebus and Sandman. I dig funny. But I also dig adventure, magic, super powers and I really like super heros (but I don't need to read just superhero comics). I don't know, I'm pretty much open for whatever. So what should I read?

Paul Sanderson
02-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Need I say it? The Wraith (http://www.the-wraith.com) of course. Get stuck into it, mate :D

The Scribe
02-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Welcome back to collecting. You're not allowed to leave again. ;)

Hal Jordan is back and so is the Green Lantern Corps. So, you should like those books.

Here's a list of comics you should take a look at.

Madman will be back as a monthly published by Image.

Image comics.
Savage Dragon, Godland, Maybe Sapwn since you read it before, Invincible.
Savage Dragon Archives vol. 1 and 2, Wildguard.

DC comics.
Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Guy Gardner has a mini-series out,
JLA, JSA, Back issues of Infinite Crisis, 52, Teen Titans, Back issues of Ion's mini-series, Martin Manhunter, Secret Six

Marvel comics.
New X-Men, X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, New and back issues of Civil War, Black Panther, ThunderBolts, Zemo: Born better (Mini-series), Annihilation (Mini-series)
Hulk, House of M, Beyond! (mini-series)

Aspen comics (http://www.aspenstore.com/Scripts/default.asp)
Soulfire, Fathom, Kiani.

Other comics.
Bone, Digital Webbing Presents, TMNT, Tales of the TMNT, Lullaby

Comics created by people on this forum.
Shadowflame, Magnitude, The Wraith, Infiniteens.

That should keep you busy. ;)

hannu
02-22-2007, 05:27 AM
If you dig Sandman, youŽd probably like:

Lucifer, spin-off of Sandman, written by Mike Carey (ended, but can be collected in tpb, 10 or 11 volumes)
Fables (ongoing) written by Bill Willingham

I know I do!