PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Ploog?

j giar
01-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Saw the trailer to Ghostrider and read another thread about Werewolves in comics and it jogged my memory. When I was a kid I used to read Werewolf by Night, I think it was called Frankenstein Unleashed and Ghostrider. All done by artist Mike Ploog. I think he later went on to do some Planet of the Apes stuff in magazine form. All put out by Marvel. I was such a big fan of this guys work at the time. And ran across random issues here and there at Mid Ohio Con just recently. Anyone know of his where abouts? Is he doing work anymore?

BKMDog
01-18-2007, 11:05 AM
You bet yer fern he's still workin', pal! Probably some of the best stuff of his career ( at least in my humble opinion ), along with J.M. DeMatteis---

http://www.abadazad.com/

EDIT - Check your local bookstore for the actual GN's. They're really striking, and a good read too.

kdmelrose
01-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Sure, he's still doing work: The Abadazad series of children's fantasy books for Disney/Hyperion, with J.M. DeMatteis (and lettering by Ed Dukeshire); and The Stardust Kid, with DeMatteis, at Boom! Studios.

j giar
01-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys...thanks for the link BK! I'd love to see some of his storyboards. I'm on a mission, thanks!

j giar
01-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Found them at Amazon...plus you get to peek inside at the artwork. Was his earlier stuff at Marvel ever collected into GN form?

kdmelrose
01-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Check Marvel's Essentials series: Man-Thing, Ghost Rider, Werewolf By Night.