PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Here .... Penciling .....

ArtisticBlasts
11-19-2006, 04:25 AM
I have a problem with my own drawing measurement feelings. I mean, I have a problem to fit scenery into some certain paper format. I'm talking about drawing splash pages or pinup artworks. I used to draw in 11" x 17" or an A3-sized drawing paper lately, and when I'm drawing the typical scenery on some smaller paper size, say an A4-sized drawing paper, I tend to lose my measurement grips in my layouts. Unproportional drawing cuts, I also tends to lose my drawing composition focus as well.

Is there anyone can help me with this? I hope my descriptions are clear enough for any of you to respond with. If you need me to describe more clearly, I'll do so.

Thank you,

prochristi86
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
... you're having a problem with your measurement drawing "feelings"? I must confess that I am totally confused. What the heck are you talking about? Are you having a problem with rescaling scenery from your layout to your final page? If you use a lightbox and just trace, then you can't have a problem. If you aren't using a lightbox, then you'll need to use a ratio system (I've done this before) to draw the elements at the correct final size.

Look--no offense, but your English is extremely confusing. Perhaps you are very young, or a non-English writer? I suggest you put some serious effort into improving your English skills.

Sincerely,

James Smith

Cap
11-19-2006, 05:53 PM
Your English is fine for me, I used to have huge problems with scaling, I figured out that horizon lines are vital if you want anything kept to a reasonable scale.

I think the problem is you need to do more thumbnails for laying things out. Once you feel comfortable with the layout, expand on it until you think it looks right. I make thumbnails, then make bigger thumbnails based on the original thumbnails until I can transition the layout by thought on full paper.

ArtisticBlasts
11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Your English is fine for me, I used to have huge problems with scaling, I figured out that horizon lines are vital if you want anything kept to a reasonable scale.

I think the problem is you need to do more thumbnails for laying things out. Once you feel comfortable with the layout, expand on it until you think it looks right. I make thumbnails, then make bigger thumbnails based on the original thumbnails until I can transition the layout by thought on full paper. Yes. That's what I was talking about, for my lack of better words. Thank you for explaining this to me, Cap :banana:

ArtisticBlasts
11-19-2006, 08:49 PM
I must confess that I am totally confused. What the heck are you talking about? Are you having a problem with rescaling scenery from your layout to your final page? If you use a lightbox and just trace, then you can't have a problem. If you aren't using a lightbox, then you'll need to use a ratio system (I've done this before) to draw the elements at the correct final size. No, I don't use lightbox, because lightbox is very hard to find here in my local place. I'll take the second option, ratio, then.

Look--no offense, but your English is extremely confusing. Perhaps you are very young, or a non-English writer? I suggest you put some serious effort into improving your English skills. No problem. I realize that I'm not good at grammar, maybe that's why I'm not a good comic writer. And as FYI, I'm a married 28 years old male with two kids.

Thanks for your explanations, James. :)

prochristi86
11-20-2006, 08:43 AM
...glad to help.

James