PDA

View Full Version : Who is Supernova?

The-Spirit
11-16-2006, 05:23 PM
I'll tell you right now, I haven't been keeping up with DC's 52, I don't have the cash and I don't make to the comic store that much since I now live out in the boonies, but I'm fascinated by some of the stories about it.

Anyway, someone on another site said one of my characters looks like 52's Supernova I've been hearing alot about him, I did some research and found this on another site.
http://superherouniverse.com/articles/52/images/worlds-finest178.jpg
http://superherouniverse.com/articles/52/images/worlds-finest-story.jpg
http://superherouniverse.com/articles/52/images/lastpage.jpg

Now apparently Supernova used to be Superman in the old continuity and it's impossible he is in 52, so those of you who are reading, Who do you think he is?

I heard on the DC podcasts that the clues are all there.

Moonrider
11-16-2006, 10:24 PM
But that's also an 'imaginary tale' so I guess it was never really in continuity. But man, if this were in continuity then Batman is a real hypocrite during Identity Crisis.

Awesomus Prime
11-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Wait, if this is an imaginary tale doesn't that make it like a whatif? So pre-crisis this was one of the earths that was phased out or whatever? Now after infinite crisis weren't some worlds phased back in briefly and merged with earth somehow through some kind of fork thing?

Could this be an alternate earth superman? I'm not a big DC guy obviously.

My other theory is the Eradicator.

The-Spirit
11-17-2006, 08:22 AM
So does anyone have any ideas on who he is now?

Mwynn
11-17-2006, 08:26 AM
The New Gods were written on the chalk board. More than half way in, no new God has been seen. So I will go with one of the New Gods.

The-Spirit
11-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Thanks.

Mwynn
11-17-2006, 08:45 AM
He has the powers of Lightray.
http://www.moviepoopshoot.com/comics101/images/2003/july30/lightray.jpg

Ron Phillips
11-17-2006, 08:59 AM
In 52: Week 19, after he deposited Cassandra Sandsmark (Wonder Girl) on a rooftop, Wonder Girl confronted Supernova about his apparent lack of recognition of her. He responded blandly and began to leave. As he went, Cassie called him "Kon-El."

Connor Kent?

Justice41
11-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Funny how that helmut looks like Marvels, Nova helmut.

The-Spirit
11-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Connor Kent?
DC has said after the Infinite crisis all dead characters stay dead. I think I heard that cassandra is having some kind of frak out and starting a cult about Conner.

kdmelrose
11-17-2006, 09:58 AM
Funny how that helmut looks like Marvels, Nova helmut.

Or vice versa: Supernova predates Marvel's Nova by eight years.

Justice41
11-17-2006, 10:08 AM
That's what i was talking about. Seems someone at Marvel lifted that design and streamlined it.

kdmelrose
11-17-2006, 10:33 AM
Eh, maybe. The basic emblem design isn't that groundbreaking; it's not too far removed from Sun Boy's (from the Legion of Super-Heroes).

Ron Phillips
11-17-2006, 12:24 PM
DC has said after the Infinite crisis all dead characters stay dead. I think I heard that cassandra is having some kind of frak out and starting a cult about Conner.

This is why comics are screwed up. I didn't follow Crisis, IC or whever else big event that end up being trite and convoluted.

HaphazardJoy
11-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I still like Mwynn's theory.
I don't like how they're dragging it out though. Obviously with so many characters, they can't have every one and every location covered each week. Still some threads just kind of dangle for weeks at a time.

Mwynn
11-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Ralph, GL, Zauriel and GA already busted up the Cult. After it seemed like they brought Sue back from the dead.

Moonrider
11-17-2006, 04:41 PM
The New Gods were written on the chalk board. More than half way in, no new God has been seen. So I will go with one of the New Gods.

The New Gods will appear in the upcoming Blue Beetle issues and supposedly it will give some clues about what happened to Scott Free and all the others. Seven Soldiers' Mr Miracle also happened before or during Infinite Crisis, so maybe The New Gods angle go deeper than that because we've seen them before and after 52 but they have not yet show up in recent issues.

Oh, that is if you didn't count the appearance of Little Barda and Power Boy.

theflash
11-17-2006, 04:52 PM
even with the "everyone dead stays dead" thing i say it's Connor Kent.

Mwynn
11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
The New Gods will appear in the upcoming Blue Beetle issues and supposedly it will give some clues about what happened to Scott Free and all the others. Seven Soldiers' Mr Miracle also happened before or during Infinite Crisis, so maybe The New Gods angle go deeper than that because we've seen them before and after 52 but they have not yet show up in recent issues.

Oh, that is if you didn't count the appearance of Little Barda and Power Boy.
I think the New Gods are planning an invasion of Earth.

The-Spirit
11-17-2006, 08:53 PM
This is why comics are screwed up. I didn't follow Crisis, IC or whever else big event that end up being trite and convoluted.
Man you need to listen to the DC podcasts, it sounds like they are really moving in the right direction for once. They seem to have learned from all the past mistakes and are making strides to troubleshoot those konds of problems ahead of time.

The-Spirit
11-17-2006, 08:55 PM
I still like Mwynn's theory.
I don't like how they're dragging it out though. Obviously with so many characters, they can't have every one and every location covered each week. Still some threads just kind of dangle for weeks at a time.
I dunno I haven't heard anything negative in any of the shops I've been to, I haven't heard much negative on message boards either.

The-Spirit
11-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Ralph, GL, Zauriel and GA already busted up the Cult. After it seemed like they brought Sue back from the dead.
OK DC is a bunch of Lying M***********s.

HaphazardJoy
11-17-2006, 09:30 PM
Naw, it's mostly good, but it's frustrating when you get into one set of characters and then don't hear from them for a few issues.

Mwynn
11-17-2006, 10:08 PM
OK DC is a bunch of Lying M***********s.
I said seemed.

The-Spirit
11-18-2006, 12:20 AM
Ok they seem like a bunch of Lying M***********s. :)

I'm just joking, I love the way DC books are going right now, just about every one I pick up is well written and looks like they have some cool stuff planned.

Toyandgadgetguy
11-18-2006, 12:25 AM
My gut says Booster Gold... and the little voices say it's the misguided and evil Superboy of Earth 2...

Mwynn
11-18-2006, 09:26 AM
You mean Superboy from Earth Prime? He is still trapped on OA. I am sure they are planning something huge with him.

Moonrider
11-18-2006, 10:13 AM
If it were Superboy Prime he would have killed Clark Kent on the spot.
I'm guessing it's Dean Cain's Superman from Lois & Clark that went through hypertime. Hey, we never did know what happened to him after they cancelled the series. :laugh:

Mwynn
11-18-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah Clark would have jumped out the window, and Supernova would have let him go splat.

Before Booster went kaboom Supernova was taunting him.

Moonrider
12-08-2006, 02:01 AM
Latest 52 issue shows Ralph Dibny managed to deduce Supernova's identity. Now we know that
-He's not Superman, but
-Superman's disappearance is one of two key hints of Supernova's identity
-He's definitely not Conner Kent.
-His powers only look similar to Superman but different if you look at it from another angle.
-He does not seem to know Cassie Sandsmark from before the rooftop meeting.

Joshua P
12-08-2006, 03:17 AM
Rip Hunter...that's who I think it is.

JP

HaphazardJoy
12-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Yeahhhh, definately possible. We don't know where good ol' Rip is, and Ralph's observations seemed to hint technological, not metahuman, powers were at work.

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 09:50 AM
The latest 5.2 dropped a hint.

I’ll give you all a hint: don’t look at just one person’s powers. After all, nobody said that Supernova was one individual.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=93608

fluxchild
12-09-2006, 12:52 PM
It's Superboy...wouldn't it make sense that since Superman "became" Supernova that Superboy would do the same? and since it was imaginary in the first place it'll turn out that it was all a ruse....Long live Superboy...er Kon-el....Klo-ne......

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Kon-el is pretty much out, because SN has no idea who Cassie is. Their first meeting was in 52. The new theory is Snapper Carr.

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:00 PM
Does Snapper Carr have any powers?

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:01 PM
He was a teleporter, but lost his powers.

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:03 PM
But the suit could have powers? Does the speculation go that far?

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteams/profiles/snapper.html

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:07 PM
So, this is just your theory?

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:08 PM
But the suit could have powers? Does the speculation go that far?
The issue, is dealing with multiple powers. Another hint is, Superman being out of the way. Which could mean someone got into the Fortress and used some of the stuff he has there.

"Superman being out of the picture was the key. One of two keys, if you want to be cute about it."

Then there is the Cosmic Key.

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:10 PM
So, this is just your theory?
Well one of a few at the moment.

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Amazo has multiple powers. Don't the New Gods have multiple powers as well?

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Yes the new Gods do. Amazo will be in JL soon.
I hope it is Lightray though. Yet with what Ralph said, it points to someone

1. He knows.
2. Is using devices for his power.

Ralph said when he looked at a different angle he knew.

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Maybe the question is if Supernova will stick around after 52? He hasn't shown up yet, but that doesn't mean much.

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:27 PM
None of the main characters in 52 have been seen 1 year later.

Here is the whole deal between Ralph and Supervova.

Metropolis: Ralph is joined by Supernova on a roof top. He tells Supernova that it is cruel to let her believe that. “Someone’s got to tell her that it is not Kon-El under that mask rather than…” at which time Supernova stops him. Supernova asks how he figured it out and Ralph says that the clues were there once he used his head. He says that “the powers threw me, but when I saw them from the proper angle I sussed out the one device that could tie them all together. Superman being out of the picture was the key, if you want to be cute abut it”. Supernova takes off and tells Ralph that Cassie will have to “keep waiting. There’s too much at stake.”

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Superman being out of the way...

One of his rogue's gallery, maybe? What's Eradicator been up to?

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:37 PM
In Superman #220 (November 2005), the Eradicator was seriously injured by an OMAC. He was said during the 2005-2006 miniseries Infinite Crisis to be in a coma at Steel's headquarters, Steelworks.

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Maybe not him, but I still think I'm on the right track.

Has anyone guessed Ray Palmer?

Mwynn
12-09-2006, 10:44 PM
I thought about that. Yet I think he and Ralph would have had a bit more to talk about. Like the fact that Rays ex is a nut in space. Just gotta piece more of the clues together.

The batcave is another one. SN uncovers Jason Todd's Robin suit. Why?
The Kryptonite glove is throwing me for a loop though, why does he want that.

Mike225
12-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Maybe he's one of the Masters of Evil? Maybe he's Baron Zemo, himself?

newageartist
12-10-2006, 11:21 AM
i am not really huge on dc know what. but i am getting back into them with 52 and a few other titles. so forgive me if i sound stupid or off! he said he uses tech for the powers. could it be mr. miracle? i thought he uses tech for his tricks and all. he could some how have found ways to get the right things for flight and all. he does have that thing he flies on. maybe changed it?

Moonrider
12-11-2006, 02:21 AM
One thing that bug me was the part where Ralph said 'I sussed out the one device that could tie them all together'. Did he refer to a 'plot device' or a real device like a mother box or something? Hmm...

Mike225
12-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Oh, I came up with a new theory last night. Supernova is Hawkman, and the device is Nth Metal. Mother Box is the second most likely, but isn't there an audible ping! that accompanies it?

Toyandgadgetguy
12-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Maybe he's one of the Masters of Evil? Maybe he's Baron Zemo, himself?

Zemo's Marvel. I was thinking Booster Gold. I was also thinking for a while that it was Earth 2 Superboy for a while.

Mwynn
12-11-2006, 08:40 AM
There is no Earth 2 Superboy.

Mike225
12-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Zemo's Marvel. I was thinking Booster Gold. I was also thinking for a while that it was Earth 2 Superboy for a while.I know. I was making a point. It was my way of presenting that they might be rehashing an old routine where a villain is trying to gain the public's trust. ;)

Moonrider
12-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Supernova seem to know Booster but not Cassie. If it's Rip Hunter, a guy who can travel trough time, he should have known about Wonder Girl's identity. Or maybe he's just never concerned about civilian identities before. What we know for sure is that his character should have been around since at least Giffen's JLI but may haven't been around since Young Justice/Teen Titans.
By the way, I remember that Devilance The Pursuer was present in 52 while his last known appearance before that was when he battled some dude called Infinity man in Kirby's Fourth World series and supposedly killed each other. If Devilance survived, then maybe this guy too. Then I found out this Infinity Man have similar powers with Superman. Whoa.

Ian Ascher
12-11-2006, 09:01 PM
There seems to be a bit of an old-school, Pre- Crisis on Infinite Earth's slant to Supernova.

The character himself was taken from a story in DC continuity before the 1st Crisis.

He went after a glove w/ multiple colors of kryptonite, something we haven't seen much since the 1st Crisis. (As far as I know some of those colors haven't been seen in Post Crisis DCU continuity but I might be wrong)

He looked over Jason Todd's Robin costume, the Robin at the time of the 1st Crisis.

My thoughts turn to a character that may have dies during the original Crisis that has somehow been "re-established" due to Superboy Prime's tantrum disrupting the fabric of reality.

I might be stretching a bit but that's where Im looking right now.

The-Spirit
12-11-2006, 09:49 PM
There seems to be a bit of an old-school, Pre- Crisis on Infinite Earth's slant to Supernova.

The character himself was taken from a story in DC continuity before the 1st Crisis.

He went after a glove w/ multiple colors of kryptonite, something we haven't seen much since the 1st Crisis. (As far as I know some of those colors haven't been seen in Post Crisis DCU continuity but I might be wrong)

He looked over Jason Todd's Robin costume, the Robin at the time of the 1st Crisis.

My thoughts turn to a character that may have dies during the original Crisis that has somehow been "re-established" due to Superboy Prime's tantrum disrupting the fabric of reality.

I might be stretching a bit but that's where Im looking right now.Ihaven't read much of 52, but I'm wondering ?

Could it possibly be Earth 2 Dick Grayson?

Mwynn
12-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Ihaven't read much of 52, but I'm wondering ?

Could it possibly be Earth 2 Dick Grayson?
There is another name. Can throw Ted Kord in there also.

Moonrider
12-12-2006, 01:13 AM
It's an interesting fact that Earth-1/New Earth Dick Grayson actually were not supposed to survive Infinite Crisis as stated by Dan DiDio and the current Nightwing storyline.

Lovecraft13
12-12-2006, 02:55 AM
I still think it's Booster Gold and Skeets.

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Doubtful that it is Booster. Ralph is pissed at Booster, for not saving his wife. No way he would have talked to Supernova, like that if it was Booster.

RandallFlagg
12-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I think it could quite possibly be Ted. I know it's not Conner b/c of Teen Titans. Although he could have come back just to die again in 52. Hmmm...
My guess is that it is Rip Hunter, but I do like Mike's suggestion of Hawkman.

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Supernova has been mentioned one year later in the Daily Planet.

We can pretty much cross out.
Booster and Connor.

It seems to be pointing to someone that Ralph knows. Or someone that we have seen in 52. Perhaps during Week 1.

RandallFlagg
12-12-2006, 10:28 AM
So, who exactly are the top suspects?

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Lightray of the New Gods
Ted Kord
Boosters ancestor Daniel Carter
Starman
Captain Atom
Hawkman
Ray Palmer
Snapper Carr

Forgot one.
Mr Miracle

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Supernova Powers List:

Flight: Swooped down and grabbed Clark falling out of a building. Hovers in front of Lex. Excellent flight control.

Strength: Carries two people out of a flooded sewer (one under each arm) - very strong, and not just human strong...but also gets belted by Booster when coming in to save Metropolis from the Sea Monster..

Teleportation: Week 8 witnesses describe him as popping in outta nowhere, while talking to Clark he teleports (if we assume this is what he does) to save a kid from getting hurt.

Disintegration: People regularly describe that he just disintegrated things right before there eyes, or rather makes them "disappear", so could also be teleporting items..

Eye Beams: In Week 10 Clark mentions that Supernova fired off a peculiar Eye Beam that took out a chunk of pavement, but then questioned it as Vanished? Disintegrated? Not even the camera could tell for certain...

Experience: Clark mentions in Week 10 that he has an air of experience about him....

Telescopic Vision: Week 22 - Spotted Lex's cameras watching him from 100's of miles away and used disintegration powers to destroy them

We also need to consider Darkseid here, he is clearly behind Intergang.

RandallFlagg
12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Ahhh, thanks! ;)

The-Spirit
12-12-2006, 12:01 PM
Supernova Powers List:

Flight: Swooped down and grabbed Clark falling out of a building. Hovers in front of Lex. Excellent flight control.

Strength: Carries two people out of a flooded sewer (one under each arm) - very strong, and not just human strong...but also gets belted by Booster when coming in to save Metropolis from the Sea Monster..

Teleportation: Week 8 witnesses describe him as popping in outta nowhere, while talking to Clark he teleports (if we assume this is what he does) to save a kid from getting hurt.

Disintegration: People regularly describe that he just disintegrated things right before there eyes, or rather makes them "disappear", so could also be teleporting items..

Eye Beams: In Week 10 Clark mentions that Supernova fired off a peculiar Eye Beam that took out a chunk of pavement, but then questioned it as Vanished? Disintegrated? Not even the camera could tell for certain...

Experience: Clark mentions in Week 10 that he has an air of experience about him...

We also need to consider Darkseid here, he is clearly behind Intergang.I'm thinking Lightray, the disintegrating thing and the strength experience points to a new god.
To me anyway.

The disintegrating could be him teleporting stuff to New Genesis or Apokalips.

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I think the device Ralph is talking about is a Mother Box. In the 5.2 it is said "That Supernova could be more than one person"

I think that means during and after 52.

He could also be moving stuff to the past or the future.

Lightray was my first guess, until more evidence is put forth I will stick with him.

Mike225
12-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Mother Box is the second most likely, but isn't there an audible ping! that accompanies it? :whistlin:

Knuckles
12-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Has Starman appeared in 52 yet? I don't believe so and this is from Wiki:

According to Dan DiDio, Jack will make an appearance in 52, the weekly series that bridges the gap between Infinite Crisis and One Year Later. As well, preview information about the new Justice Society of America book claims that a Starman will be one of the characters. It is unknown if Jack Knight, Star Boy (Thom Kallor, who was destined to become Starman) or another character will be this Starman. The character can be seen in a large, two-page spread at the end of Infinite Crisis #7.[1]

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I have not seen Starman.

Knuckles
12-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Well then, my money is on Starman then.

The Dag
12-12-2006, 01:27 PM
i like the Darkseid idea... it has shock to it..

Moonrider
12-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Starman of the current JSA is amnesiac and delusional, kinda like Murdock from The A-Team. If he is Supernova then it would seem like DC is putting us in a loop because he would just shift from one mystery character to another, only this time his identity is so secret nobody knows who he is including himself. Jack Knight is nowhere to be seen as of yet.

One thing I can't put my mind to are the motive behind Supernova's actions. Here's my list of questions.
-We know that he's an old character. Why masquerading as someone else?
-We know he's not a villain. But why did he provoke Booster into a fight?
-Why did he show up taunting Lex Luthor?
-Why did he decide to show up only when Superman was not around, and protect Metropolis of all places?
-Why steal a Kryptonite glove?
-Who's his tailor? It's quite a tacky costume if you ask me.
The third, fourth, and fifth question leads to clues that Supernova need something or to benefit out of Superman, but perhaps not even Superman knows what it is.

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 03:05 PM
Starman of the current JSA is amnesiac and delusional, kinda like Murdock from The A-Team. If he is Supernova then it would seem like DC is putting us in a loop because he would just shift from one mystery character to another, only this time his identity is so secret nobody knows who he is including himself. Jack Knight is nowhere to be seen as of yet.

One thing I can't put my mind to are the motive behind Supernova's actions. Here's my list of questions.
-We know that he's an old character. Why masquerading as someone else?
-We know he's not a villain. But why did he provoke Booster into a fight?
-Why did he show up taunting Lex Luthor?
-Why did he decide to show up only when Superman was not around, and protect Metropolis of all places?
-Why steal a Kryptonite glove?
-Who's his tailor? It's quite a tacky costume if you ask me.
The third, fourth, and fifth question leads to clues that Supernova need something or to benefit out of Superman, but perhaps not even Superman knows what it is.
1. He is hiding from someone. He does not want to be heard. Seems like he is trying to stay under the radar.

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 03:06 PM
i like the Darkseid idea... it has shock to it..
Not saying Darkseid is SN, just that he maybe pulling the strings.

Paul Sanderson
12-12-2006, 04:30 PM
That's a definite possibility.

Ian Ascher
12-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Could Supernova be Wally West?

Reasons:

- He wouldn't have any powers of his own because the Speed Force is gone.
- The Speed Force could have kicked him out anywhere in the time stream.
- If he wanted revenge on Superboy Prime for doing harm to many of his friends in the Titans and even possibly his own family, he would want a Kryptonite Glove. Anything that might give him a chance if he were to go after Superboy.
- He would have the knowledge to go gather high-tech items, like the glove, to make it appear as if he has powers. Half the Rouges Gallery have tech that can do similar things.
- It might explain some of the banter with Booster Gold and Ralph Dibny.

Just tossing it out there...

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I think Wally is on Earth 2 as seen in the latest Flash.

RandallFlagg
12-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Could Supernova be Wally West?

Reasons:

- He wouldn't have any powers of his own because the Speed Force is gone.
- The Speed Force could have kicked him out anywhere in the time stream.
- If he wanted revenge on Superboy Prime for doing harm to many of his friends in the Titans and even possibly his own family, he would want a Kryptonite Glove. Anything that might give him a chance if he were to go after Superboy.
- He would have the knowledge to go gather high-tech items, like the glove, to make it appear as if he has powers. Half the Rouges Gallery have tech that can do similar things.
- It might explain some of the banter with Booster Gold and Ralph Dibny.

Just tossing it out there...
That's actually a great idea. I haven't picked up my copy of the latest Flash, but I really think this is a great idea.

Paul Sanderson
12-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Earth 2's still around? Who else is over there then?

Mike225
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Wait...

I've never seen Paul Sanderson and Supernova in the same place at the same time...

Ian Ascher
12-12-2006, 08:02 PM
I haven't read the newest Flash because I don't buy it but I didn't think there was an Earth-2 either after the end of Infinite Crisis.

Paul Sanderson
12-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Wait...

I've never seen Paul Sanderson and Supernova in the same place at the same time...

Darn, you broke my cover :blink: :laugh:

Mwynn
12-12-2006, 10:10 PM
I haven't read the newest Flash because I don't buy it but I didn't think there was an Earth-2 either after the end of Infinite Crisis.
Earth 2 was in JLA 0. It is what happened to Wally and Bart. When they took Superboy into the Speedforce.

Ian Ascher
12-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Earth 2 was in JLA 0. It is what happened to Wally and Bart. When they took Superboy into the Speedforce.

All it says in JLA Zero is that at some point in the future Flash will discover there is a second earth. It never says which Flash and it doesn't say anything about Bart and Wally being there during the "One Year Later" gap. The picture they show of the JSA w/ the late 70's version of the JLA doesn't even mean those are the characters involved when this new Earth-2 is eventualy discovered.

Mwynn
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Read the latest Flash. Bart starts to remember what happened.

Biofungus
12-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Supernova is really...

a smart-ified Bizarro

Moonrider
12-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Well that makes sense.

No, wait...it doesn't. :blink:

Paul Sanderson
12-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Read the latest Flash. Bart starts to remember what happened.

Might be a good time to give that series a go anyway, what with a new (hopefully better) writer onboard.

Ian Ascher
12-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Supposedly Bilson and DeMayo will be writing a mini-series that will tell all about what happened to the Flash(s) during IC for summer of 07. I don't know if this will hold true.

I don't think I can read Flash again until it's a writer I know and trust. The three issues I did read were dreadful and really left a bad taste in my mouth for what was (and is) a great character no matter who has the costume.

And Im going to make a stretch on my Wally as Supernova idea. The Speed Force can bounce you back and forth in time. Its possible Wally was almost in both places at the same time because of the FOrce and the vibrational patterns, living one year on Earth-2 then making it back to Earth-1, getting lost a year behind and becoming Supernova.

Mwynn
12-14-2006, 06:02 PM
That could work.
I think he could have come back, yet wanted to stay to watch the twins grow up.

Moonrider
12-14-2006, 07:40 PM
But Wally would have known Cassie, because of his connections to the Teen Titans and Bart. And as far as we can tell from the rooftop meeting with Ralph, he didn't. Again, the motive don't fit because Wally doesn't need to cover his identity to anyone he knows.

Joshua P
12-16-2006, 05:55 AM
My guess? Rip Hunter.

Why? A few reasons.

If you notice Supernova's powers...on the one hand he appears to disintegrate buildings...however it could simply be that he's sending these things through time. Which fits into what he says and what his abilities so far show to be. His flying could be a legionnaire's flight ring.

Also, Supernova is in hiding. That is obvious. And chances are that Skeets is who he is hiding from. Or to quote Skeets..."He Knows." Skeets has been trying to draw him out. Hunter knows what really is going on. To quote supernova...he is playing for much bigger stakes. That's my guess.

Finally, Rip Hunter is the most important player of 52 that has been mentioned that hasn't shown up yet. What better way to hide then in plain sight?

I think that Rip Hunter is trying to prevent some of the tragic events that are going to unfold because of 52. That's my theory. It's not perfect but it makes sense when you look on it in that light. As to how superman being away is key...that I do not know.

JP

Ian Ascher
12-16-2006, 08:51 AM
But Wally would have known Cassie, because of his connections to the Teen Titans and Bart. And as far as we can tell from the rooftop meeting with Ralph, he didn't. Again, the motive don't fit because Wally doesn't need to cover his identity to anyone he knows.

Wally could be lying. He seems to change his tone a bit as he's talking with Ralph, almost as if he's trying to keep up the gimmick then he realizes its no use, he already knows.

Its not a perfect solution... just a fun one I found can be made to fit a lot of the elements we've seen in 52. You never know when DC needs a back up plan because of what happened aaaaall the way back in the Armageddeon 2001 story with Capt. Atom becoming Monarch.

Say.. where is Capt Atom??? :har:

Mwynn
12-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Man that are still screwing around with the Captain, they even put him in a Monarch type armor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Caultimatum.png/288px-Caultimatum.png

This was the at the end of Battle for Bludhaven.

After his appearance in Batman/Superman Cap has reappeared in the DCU three separate times.

Ian Ascher
12-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Aaaahhhh... that's right.

He's back in the armor because his alien shell is leaking radiation and he's gonna go nuclear on the DCU.

Moonrider
12-18-2006, 07:02 AM
My guess? Rip Hunter.

Why? A few reasons.

If you notice Supernova's powers...on the one hand he appears to disintegrate buildings...however it could simply be that he's sending these things through time. Which fits into what he says and what his abilities so far show to be. His flying could be a legionnaire's flight ring.

Also, Supernova is in hiding. That is obvious. And chances are that Skeets is who he is hiding from. Or to quote Skeets..."He Knows." Skeets has been trying to draw him out. Hunter knows what really is going on. To quote supernova...he is playing for much bigger stakes. That's my guess.

Finally, Rip Hunter is the most important player of 52 that has been mentioned that hasn't shown up yet. What better way to hide then in plain sight?

I think that Rip Hunter is trying to prevent some of the tragic events that are going to unfold because of 52. That's my theory. It's not perfect but it makes sense when you look on it in that light. As to how superman being away is key...that I do not know.

JP

The thing is, from what we know of the conversation between Skeets and Waverider, nobody knows who Rip Hunter really is in the first place.

Mwynn
12-26-2006, 04:55 PM
The powers threw me, but when I saw them from the proper angle, I sussed out the one device that could tie them all together.

http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=angler

This device was lost by Angle Man in an issue of Catwoman.

malcolm gent
12-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey what if Lex Luthor was Supernova? Here's my idea, what if Lex snaped and then have two personalitys, one good who has no idea of the outside world at first, and the other bad who is good old Lex. Then good Lex would grab some gear and a costume and would start being Supernova .

Mwynn
12-30-2006, 09:18 AM
You think Ralph would have a pleasant conversation with Luthor?

fluxchild
12-30-2006, 09:18 AM
that's a retread of the gangbuster saga, just opposite.

fluxchild
12-30-2006, 09:23 AM
this is from the wikepedia encyclopedia

Although Conner is dead, he is not forgotten. Following Superboy's death, Wonder Girl leads a memorial broadcast over the Internet, and she and hundreds of others pay their final respects to Conner in a traditional Kryptonian way. It is revealed that the mourners are part of a resurrection cult supposedly based on Kryptonian theology, which Wonder Girl and Ralph Dibny refer to as the "Cult of Conner".[24] Dibny hypothesizes that the cult and Wonder Girl are responsible for defacing the tombstone of his wife Sue Dibny with an inverted Superman insignia, the Kryptonian symbol for hope. When placed upside down, the symbol has a new meaning: resurrection.[25] Wonder Girl later encounters the strange, enigmatic hero called Supernova [26]. Cassie introduces herself but is confused that he doesn't recognize her. When Supernova flies away, she calls him "Kon-El."

Three weeks later, survaillance footage is shown to Lex Luthor by an enthusiastic scientist who assumes that Kon-El is still alive. Luthor dismisses this belief, convinced that Supernova is not Kon-El but Superman.

I don't know if this helps at all

fluxchild
12-30-2006, 09:27 AM
oh god...he may even be Superman...Elongated Man knows...

Mwynn
12-30-2006, 09:38 AM
No Superman is out. Seeing as Clark has interviewed him. Also one of the keys is Superman not being around.

fluxchild
12-30-2006, 09:50 AM
yeah I just read that. But Ralph knows, and also says that there is a device that he could be using to create his powers...

Mwynn
12-30-2006, 09:55 AM
http://digitalwebbing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1108912&postcount=103

HBK82287
12-31-2006, 12:22 AM
Ok, I know this isnt back in the day where someone could get a *Bonk*
:slap: on the head and lose thier memory for some time... but i remember Super boy getting quite the beating from superboy of Earth 2. It could still be Connor under the mask. He may not realize it, but if Supergirl has one conversation with him and whispers "kon-el" to herself atferwards.... i mean cmon... if her hearing and X-ray vision is anything like Kal's is.... then theres a good chance it COULD be him.
again, i dont have much proof to go on this.... its just a theory
either that or I had this feeling its was Bruce Wayne makeing use of some Wayne Tech while hes on time out with the whole batman thing

Moonrider
01-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Supernova was revealed to possess the power of teleportation. Can Lightray do that? Can an Angler do that?

Mwynn
01-05-2007, 05:06 PM
Ok, I know this isnt back in the day where someone could get a *Bonk*
:slap: on the head and lose thier memory for some time... but i remember Super boy getting quite the beating from superboy of Earth 2. It could still be Connor under the mask. He may not realize it, but if Supergirl has one conversation with him and whispers "kon-el" to herself atferwards.... i mean cmon... if her hearing and X-ray vision is anything like Kal's is.... then theres a good chance it COULD be him.
again, i dont have much proof to go on this.... its just a theory
either that or I had this feeling its was Bruce Wayne makeing use of some Wayne Tech while hes on time out with the whole batman thing
That was Wondergirl not Supergirl.

Biofungus
01-05-2007, 05:07 PM
and this is why DC sucks. They have a character with 83 super powers, and yet nobody can accurately identify him, because half the DC universes characters ALSO have 83 super powers...

Mwynn
Another Clue.
“The staffs of the Starmen, Luthor’s Kryptonite gauntlet, Shadow Thief’s Dimensiometer and more. Can’t you make something out of them?”

Ian Ascher
Lightray can only teleport w/ a Mother Box opening a boom tube which makes a >ping< followed by a large BOOM! everytime.

He could however move at the speed of light to make it seem like he's teleporting. Maybe...

I don't think it's Lightray thought because the New Gods are slowly being set up for something big by years end and I don't think anyone can touch them, even the 52 crew.

Mwynn
01-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Supernova was revealed to possess the power of teleportation. Can Lightray do that? Can an Angler do that?
The Angler can teleport.

Mwynn
01-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Lightray can only teleport w/ a Mother Box opening a boom tube which makes a >ping< followed by a large BOOM! everytime.

He could however move at the speed of light to make it seem like he's teleporting. Maybe...

I don't think it's Lightray thought because the New Gods are slowly being set up for something big by years end and I don't think anyone can touch them, even the 52 crew.
Yeah I'm pretty sure it is not Lightray. Yet in this weeks issue of 52, it seems that Natasha Irons knows who it is. Fingers seem to be pointing at John Henry.

Paul Sanderson
01-05-2007, 05:40 PM
Could be a blind. Interesting though.

Moonrider
01-07-2007, 05:59 AM
He could be John Henry, but the way Supernova talk and his resentment towards Booster Gold doesn't seem like the John Henry Irons we know. I think week 35 showed him in civilian suit running out from some sort of lab/workshop in page 6 before he met Lex in the rooftop.

Mwynn
01-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Rip Hunter can pretty much be crossed out as being SN, per 52 36.

Mwynn
01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Now we know why SN wanted all that stuff including the Kryptonite glove. Now what is Rip planning?

Moonrider
01-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Another Clue.
“The staffs of the Starmen, Luthor’s Kryptonite gauntlet, Shadow Thief’s Dimensiometer and more. Can’t you make something out of them?”

From Wiki:
The staffs of the Starmen "...the ability to fly, project bursts of stellar energy, light, and heat, create force fields, levitate objects, and occasionally manipulate energy.."-->sounds like Supernova's power source? And is it really a coincidence that a new Starman appeared in JSA rambling about 52?

Shadow Thief’s Dimensiometer "...shift his body into a two-dimensional, intangible "shadow" state....move quickly and silently across and through most surfaces and materials, all the while remaining impervious to physical contact and attack." --> Looks like somebody is trying to be stealthy.

The Kryptonite Glove do lots of stuff but since Superman is not around I doubt that it will be used to bring down Superman.

Put them all together and...?

Knuckles
01-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Whoo, my starman guess is still a possible.

Scott Story
01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
It's Booster Gold's 20th century ancestor.

fluxchild
01-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm your great great great great grandfather Booster!

Mwynn
01-10-2007, 06:30 PM
He would be Grandson.

fluxchild
01-10-2007, 06:49 PM
no i was the ancestor talking to Booster....sorry no comma...

Freeman01
01-10-2007, 10:37 PM
I believe Supernova is Waverider.....

fluxchild
01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
I still think it's someone tied to Superman. Comics hardly ever go against tradition, and the first Supernova was Superman in a out of continuity story. It may not be Superman, but hell it could be Batman...I don't think Bats could not fight crime even if he wanted to quit. His need for crimefighting is psychological, and deep seated. I would be surprised if it was a background character, unless they were trying to "boost" that character's popularity making him a first string character.

HaphazardJoy
01-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Bats would know the teen titans though, would he not?

Connection to Superman is obvious in some way, though it could be Rip's knowledge that got them there, but how else would he have access to Kandor?

fluxchild
01-10-2007, 11:01 PM
wouldn't Bats act like he didn't to not give up his identity...what's the point of a second secret identity just to give it up? There would have to be a reason he was doing all this...he wouldn't go around in a supernova suit saying, "I"m Batman."
this is batman for pete's sake!
now my question is why wouldn't clark use his xray vision to see who he is when interviewing him?

Mike225
01-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Superman doesn't have his x-ray vision during the series.

Biofungus
01-11-2007, 01:02 AM
It's Jason Todd.

RandallFlagg
01-11-2007, 01:38 AM
It's Access. Or Rick Jones. :)

fluxchild
01-11-2007, 01:47 AM
Rick Jones....Who?

Moonrider
01-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Gah! I just read 52 #36. Who knows about Kandor besides Superman & Super/Power Girl? What does a chronosphere do? Oh the questions...not to mention the big revelation in the last page of JSA #2. Are they related?

Lovecraft13
01-11-2007, 09:39 AM
It's Ray Palmer.

Moonrider
01-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Sure looks that way, isn't it?

Lovecraft13
01-12-2007, 06:56 PM
Sure looks that way, isn't it?

I'll be very surprised if it ISN'T Ray Palmer.