PDA

View Full Version : Black Panther vs Batman.

The Scribe
10-26-2006, 11:03 PM
On CBR's Rumbles board someone posted a thread about Black Panther verses Batman.

Even if they both could use everything they had, including all weapons and vehicles, I believe the Black Panther would win this fight.

Remember, the Bronze Tiger once defeated Batman. ;)

So.....

pi0trov
10-26-2006, 11:49 PM
If they had everything at their disposal, my money'd probably be on T'Challa, too. For one thing, he probably wouldn't have any qualms about shooting Bruce with a large vibranium powered cannon... :)

Remember, the Bronze Tiger once defeated Batman. ;)

So.....
But I'd place the Bronze Tiger just below Richard Dragon and Lady Shiva, and therefore at about the same level as Bats. Since they both trained Batman (and are his betters), him beating Bats in hand to hand is not too surprising in my mind. But he'd only beat him once...

kamikaze
10-26-2006, 11:57 PM
that's a tough one. I like both characters, (been reading the Black Panther series) and he's very intelligent and powerful. I dont know...tough to call for me. Batman is a beast with his hand to hand skills, but TChalla's no slouch, either. Id pay to see it happen though

Nitecrawlah2
10-27-2006, 02:24 AM
TOUGH battle, as I'm almost inclined to believe it could end in a draw. After an initial encounter, you'd figure Batman would find an appropriate counter to T'Challa's vibranium. First round, however, would probably go to T'Challa. Since he's probably just as smart as Bats and able to apply what he learns towards his advantage in battle, the ex-factor comes in Black Panther overpowering Batman.

Raven
10-27-2006, 02:54 AM
They wouldn't fight each other with toys.

It would be two men in the jungle, winner takes all. Panther would be ahead, but in the end Batman would win, because psychologically Batman is F'ed up and would find a way too win. T'Challa is balanced and fairly honorable.

theflash
10-27-2006, 03:27 PM
i take Batman in this one. he's just meaner. given their fairly equal skills in combat, with Batman's superior training equalizing the Panther's slight strength/speed advantage, and keeping the toys out of it, i think Batman is the clear winner. "There are 7 ways to incapacitate a man from this position. Four of them kill, two cripple, and one just hurts really bad." yeah. Batman all the way.

Wiz Rollins
10-27-2006, 03:49 PM
Yo. Here's the thing. Batman and Black Panther rumble. Both are no joke with the kicking and the punching. Both masters in their own right. You take two masters and put one in a cape... well, the one without the cape is gonna totally fuck up the one with the cape.

Capes, while cool, will usually lead to an ass whoopin'.

I know a kid. It happened to him.

Never. Wore. His cape. Again.

BOOGIE
10-27-2006, 04:20 PM
Batman is a beast on the scrapin, but Black Panther is just better. C'mon, Black Panther took on the Fantastic Four and gave them a run for their money, and he doesnt have any powers!! Hell, Batman cant even beat Punisher or Iron Fist!

theflash
10-27-2006, 07:50 PM
i have to point out that Batman has taken down the entire JLA. the Panther, while having hs good points, just isn't as good all around.

and last i heard the Panther does have powers...enhanced senses, speed and reflexes...that sort of thing.

The Scribe
10-27-2006, 10:45 PM
They wouldn't fight each other with toys.

It would be two men in the jungle, winner takes all. Panther would be ahead, but in the end Batman would win, because psychologically Batman is F'ed up and would find a way too win. T'Challa is balanced and fairly honorable.

If this fight takes place in a jungle. Bye, bye Batman. ;)

Still I believe Panther could take him any where. :thumbs:

BOOGIE
10-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Batman fought the JLA while pretending to be a friend... Black Panther wasnt a friend of the FF and keep in mind the FF defeated cosmic cats like Galactus and heavy hitters like Doc Doom! Bats cant even beat The Joker, so what is that tellin you.

The Scribe
10-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Batman fought the JLA while pretending to be a friend... Black Panther wasnt a friend of the FF and keep in mind the FF defeated cosmic cats like Galactus and heavy hitters like Doc Doom! Bats cant even beat The Joker, so what is that tellin you.

http://humanities.byu.edu/elc/student/idioms/idioms/images/hit_nail_on_head.jpg

;) :thumbs:

Lovecraft13
10-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Batman would just knock out BP for wasting his time.

BOOGIE
10-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Whatever. Explain to me how you think Batman can beat Black Panther when he cant beat cats like The Joker... I dont even see how the Joker can be a top villian... if he was in Marvel, he would have gotten his ass kicked by the Stilt Man.

The Scribe
10-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Whatever. Explain to me how you think Batman can beat Black Panther when he cant beat cats like The Joker... I dont even see how the Joker can be a top villian... if he was in Marvel, he would have gotten his @$$ kicked by the Stilt Man.

:laugh: :har: :thumbs:

Lovecraft13
10-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Whatever. Explain to me how you think Batman can beat Black Panther when he cant beat cats like The Joker

Batman would have more important things to do than play tea party with BP, kinda like you and me and this conversation.

BOOGIE
10-28-2006, 01:08 AM
No need to get your panties in a bunch... I'm just stating facts. Batman would get his ass handed to him by Black Panther. Dont take it so personal, theyre not real.

HaphazardJoy
10-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by BOOGIE

Bats can't beat the Joker because he's not willing to kill him. Black Panther beat the FF, even with them knowing he was an enemy, because the FF are PUSSIES.

I'm a Marvel man 95% of the way, but Batman all the way. T'challa is the man, no doubt, but who can match up to the world class genius, world class athlete, world class martial artist, world class detective, world class master of disguise, world class mofo that is Batman? They say: oh Batman, he's a HUMAN hero... well, if he existed in this world, we'd all call him SuperHuman.

HaphazardJoy
10-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Oh, and before you bring up that BP would kill Joker, don't forget that Batman is also a world class gentleman.

kamikaze
10-29-2006, 01:44 AM
Honestly I like them both but lets compare from one opinion:

Genius level: Draw. Batman and Black Panther have studied all around the world to better themselves and their homelands. They both are extremely intelligent in many areas.

Athleticism: Black Panther, barely. Only because he ate that tribal herb that increased his speed, strength and senses once he proved himself. Both are cunning and have made themselves into fighting machines.

Martial Arts: Batman. TChalla has mastered many forms of martial arts but Batman has mastered them ALL. Based on pure martial artistry, Batman may win that one.

Detective skills: Batman, by a landslide. Can't be called the world's greatest detective just because it sounds nice.

Moral Code: Draw. Both men have done dirt in their past but push comes to shove, they both draw the line somewhere and they usually stand by it.

Respect: Batman gets respect from all the big names in DC, even if he doesnt trust 90% of them. They'd all go to war for him. BP gets respect from the big names in Marvel, even Namor of all people agreed to take orders from him when he and Storm takes Cap's side in the war, as a diplomatic figure. Gotta say draw.

True, Batman is a world class figure but so is TChalla, ruling a nation that has advanced technology and almost unlimited resources. He's not just a king but a symbol of his people.

id give the slight edge to TChalla in a fight that would take hours to win for him.

Eliseu Gouveia
10-29-2006, 03:37 PM
Vibranium suit FTW.

HaphazardJoy
10-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Okay, as much as I hate to say it because we're going way past geek and into scary realm. How about Bat-Vibranium destabilizer? Batman would know about the vibranium and would plan around it. It's absorbs kintetic impacts and is apparently not highly conductive, but there are other energies that could be applied.

Eliseu Gouveia
10-30-2006, 11:51 AM
You mean giving one-side prep-time to BatGod for him to build one?

That kinda defeats the whole point of an arena match, doesnīt it?

"- Ben Grimm, you are to fight Colossus. Oh, but you get to bring to the arena any weapon Reed can divise in his lab."

BOOGIE
10-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Bats would get his ass handed to him by Black Panther. It would be a very good and close match, but I'm gonna ride with BP.

HaphazardJoy
10-30-2006, 04:54 PM
I didn't know this was arena style, but even so, Bat's has plenty of supplies that he carries on him, and if Vibranium existed in DC, you know he'd have a counter for it since it'd be a hot item for villains.

Eliseu Gouveia
10-30-2006, 05:10 PM
There is no vibranium in the DCU,.

Deal.

HaphazardJoy
10-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Right, there isn't, so how would Black Panther be using it in a fight?

Deal With it.
:slap:

Biofungus
10-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Right, there isn't, so how would Black Panther be using it in a fight?

Deal With it.
:slap:
each would be coming into the fight with whatever they have from their own "universe". Vibranium wouldn't exist in the DCU if the arena took place in the dcu, which is presumably doesn't.

Deal with it :har:

And for the record, (several actually), a] if this was a DCU universe, T'Challa would have some equivalent type of alien metal in his armor, and b] batman does NOT invent some bullshit specific counters for every little thing. He's not going "oh, I have to fight a guy in XXXX armor, so I'll develop some kind of special device that will somehow get around it, all in this convenient single button remote that I use for all such 'special devices'".

Batman will formulate a plan, but the real genius part of being a genius is knowing plans don't always go according to... well... plan. Genius is compensating when unknown factors come into play.

HaphazardJoy
10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
No I know, I was joking on BatSharkRepellant there. He has versatile tools, if he knew about vibranium he wouldn't need to come up with a tool just for that, he'd know how to use what he already had to his advantage. Treating the vibranium-weave as any typical armor, the only real advantage it offers is that it "absorbs kinetic energy" (which doesn't make any sense while we're on it since that'd cancel out Panther's own physical attacks). Still, unless Black Panther took to carrying a dufflebag of equipment with him, he doesn't have what it takes to match Bats'. I still sat Batman is hands down the winner. The only realy advantage Black Panther has is his enhanced senses, and Batman's suit has plenty of augmentations to enhance his senses. Not to mention Batman having equipment that could block out Panther's senses while still protecting Bats'.

The Scribe
10-30-2006, 10:54 PM
This is the original post I started.

Even if they both could use everything they had, including all weapons and vehicles, I believe the Black Panther would win this fight.

They basically only have the weapons on them. They meet in Africa not in an arena.

Remember, the Bronze Tiger defeated Batman. ;)

There is no vibranium in the DCU

Even in DC vs Marvel the characters still had all their accessories. So, there is indeed vibranium in this fight.

You mean giving one-side prep-time to BatGod for him to build one?

There's no prep-time.

Eliseu Gouveia
10-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Way I see it, BP (pre-vibranium suit) defeated Cap whereas Bat stalemated Cap.

Big dif.

The Scribe
10-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Way I see it, BP (pre-vibranium suit) defeated Cap whereas Bat stalemated Cap.

Big dif.

Yes.

Also, since Batman has been defeated by DC's "Black Panther," The Bronze Tiger. I can't see Batman defeating a far more powerful, and intelligent Black Panther. Batman has trouble with the Joker.

Eliseu Gouveia
10-31-2006, 12:01 AM
If you want a more levelled HTH fight, I think Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) would be a much better oponent to BP than Batman.

Thereīs one person who could actually push his enhanced speed/strenght/senses to the edge of the envelop.

I really donīt see Tīchala landing a blow on her before she unleashes half a dozen of her dim-maks and concrete wall-busting blows.

BOOGIE
11-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I would have to agree. Batgirl would be a better match for BP than Bats.