First Comics would like to introduce our “Search for Talent” contest. First Comics is in the process of creating a fantastic new comic book set for release in 2016. However, something is missing from this fantastic new book–YOU! We are in need of two talented individuals to join our team to get this book finished. We are searching for a penciler, and a colorist.
The main character of the comic has already been created and we want you to draw the coolest pin up you can with our character. We will pick from the top ten mind-blowing submissions. Once these ten are chosen, a three page script will be offered in order to judge your story telling ability and sequential work. From those ten, one will be chosen. The top candidate will be offered the opportunity to work on this new book and become part of the First Comics family. Do you have what it takes? If so, we can’t wait to see what you turn in.
This is a great opportunity for anyone to stand up and be noticed. We are looking for those that simply have what it takes–including those that have been published previously.
All entries should be submitted by email and/or posted in the First Comics Contest forum area (see rules for links).
- You must like the First Comics page on Facebook to officially enter the contest.
- Submit your art by either posting in the special First Comics Forum area on Digital Webbing. You will need a Digital Webbing Forum account to do this. Register and you’ll receive a validation email with a link you must click on to activate before you can post anything.
- An alternative method is to send your submission directly to First Comics.
- Your mission: To render her as she wages battle with a creature of the night. The only thing that matters is that you use the character reference that has been provided–no one else. You know what she looks like; this is what we want to see. How would you render her in battle? We want the most dynamic, outrageous, thought provoking depiction of battle with her at the center of it all. Do you have what it takes? If so, let’s see!
- Contest ends Midnight on September 26, 2015.
We will announce the 10 finalist on October 10. Good luck and hope to see you soon!
- Here’s the Dropbox download link of the image for you to color:
May we introduce you to Jane?
She’s about 10 years old and fights Witches, Werewolves, Ogres and Dark Trolls. She lived in medieval times. She has an arsenal of weapons, but prefers the character and feel of the hatchet. She’s well educated in science, philosophy and the arts and was accepted as an aristocrat by day, but became something completely different altogether, by night.
In the shadow realm their wicked souls stir listless to the world, but for their endless, incessant beckon. It stirs me; it scares me-not for what they do, but for who they are. I sense them, I feel them, and I see them. I will answer and oblige them accordingly, and they will see me then wish… they had never called–Jane.
Jane © Orlando Harding